1. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:29
    Originally posted by whodey
    It is true that materialism can serve as a "god substitute". They tend to be more self reliant and want for nothing. The Bible calls this the decitfullness of riches. You begin to think you are actually in control of lifes events. In fact, you can explain pretty much anything away due to your higher education. In reality, those who are better off economi ...[text shortened]... they actually do. In reality, the more you know, the more you should realize you don't know.
    I agree with this. I personally have found those who have no spirituality in their lives and especially when they middle aged or older, are constantly searching for things like "the meaning of life" and "why are we here" and "what happens when we die".

In addition ringwett used a former comminist state as an example. Im pretty sure that Cuba has a higher percentage of atheists. Communism often restricts religious beliefs and practices in favor of the state which they are told is 'all powerful'.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:32
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I agree with this. I personally have found those who have no spirituality in their lives and especially when they middle aged or older, are constantly searching for things like "the meaning of life" and "why are we here" and "what happens when we die".

In addition ringwett used a former comminist state as an example. Im pretty sure that Cuba has a higher ...[text shortened]... gious beliefs and practices in favor of the state which they are told is 'all powerful'.
    well give it a rec!
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:34
    Originally posted by amannion
    Hey, I won't be responsible.
    It'll be his God when this love stuff fails to come through.
    I had a friend who got involved with a christian sect. and they royally screwed up his mind. They told him stuff along similar lines , God is love, God will look afer you no matter what. etc etc. So he gave his life (and money) to this church. To prove that he was right he injected himself with a weedkiller (herbicide). God proved him wrong !
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:34
    Originally posted by Kaboooomba
    well give it a rec!
    Sure.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:37
    I had a friend who got involved with a christian sect. and they royally screwed up his mind. They told him stuff along similar lines , God is love, God will look afer you no matter what. etc etc. So he gave his life (and money) to this church. To prove that he was right he injected himself with a weedkiller (herbicide). God proved him wrong !
    was your big build-up necessary to get to here?
  6. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:44
    Yep, God'll do that to you.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:49
    Yep, God'll do that to you.
    god/God?
  8. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:50
    god/God?
    Sorry, is there are difference?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:55
    Sorry, is there are difference?
    for sure.
  10. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 03:57
    for sure.
    Alright, given my response was to a Christian, then God.
    But whatever tickles your fancy ...
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 04:03
    Alright, given my response was to a Christian, then God.
    But whatever tickles your fancy ...
    so what are you saying God did?
  12. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 04:06

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 04:07
    Are you a moron?
    I was making a joke.
    why make a stupid joke like that?
  14. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 04:09
    why make a stupid joke like that?
    The joke was on Christians that actually believe this 'love will keep you alive' claptrap.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 04:13
    The joke was on Christians that actually believe this 'love will keep you alive' claptrap.
    it ain't funny to me.

at the same time you are trying to put out what you think is good are you also robbing the good? i.e. a person's belief in eternal life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree