1. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 22:13
    Originally posted by telerion
    ...Hotty Linda Fiorentino: I'm sorry what we you saying? I was daydreaming about telerion...
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!
  2. London
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 22:19
    Originally posted by telerion
    No, it would not be reasonable in that analogy. But then that's not really the kind of problem that we find in the resurrection accounts.

It's more like this.

Agent J: We once were engaged in a fight with alien lifeforms from outerspace.
    Agent K: Yeah, its true. It's only happened once in our lives.

Hotty Linda Fiorentino: Sure . . . ...[text shortened]... this. If you read them seperately they sound fine, but side-by-side, they make no sense at all.
    Taken side-by-side as factual accounts, there are certainly contradictions, but some of the basics remain the same:

1. Mary Magdalene was numero uno (or among them) to know about the Resurrection.
    2. All four accounts affirm the Resurrection itself.

Given that the accounts are basically second-hand accounts (since none of the evangelists were present in person), it does not seem unnatural that some of facts are not reconcilable. Nevertheless, those aspects of the accounts that do not reconcile should not be used to reject those aspects that do.
  3. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 22:28
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Welcome back!

How was the cruise?

LH
    Pardon?

I went to Philly because my sister in law graduated from U Penn Law
    School two weeks ago. And this past week I was refinishing the floor in my living room.

Cruise?

Nemesio
  4. London
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 22:31
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Pardon?

I went to Philly because my sister in law graduated from U Penn Law
    School two weeks ago. And this past week I was refinishing the floor in my living room.

Cruise?

Nemesio
    ivanhoe and I were speculating that the WP were off on their top-secret annual cruise round the Bahamas while you guys were away.

😀

LH
  5. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 22:43
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    ivanhoe and I were speculating that the WP were off on their top-secret annual cruise round the Bahamas while you guys were away.

😀

LH
    LOL!!!!

I wish my WolfPack (tm) dues went to something like that...

Alas, they are spent on other, more insidious expenditures for the
    taking over of the RHP forums. 😉

Nemesio
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 08:47
    Show me ONE piece of historical evidence that says that different
    sects of Jews held the Passover Seder on different days.

Just one.

Nemesio
    I never said that there were different sects of Jews that held the Passover on different days. I am saying that some of the Jews started the feast on the Thursday. I am sure of this and I will try and get hold of some sources for you ASAP. In the mean time it is simply your word against mine. You still have not supplied anything to back up your statement that the Pascha was ALWAYS done on the Friday.

Regards,
    Daniel
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 09:54
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    I never said that there were different sects of Jews that held the Passover on different days. I am saying that some of the Jews started the feast on the Thursday. I am sure of this and I will try and get hold of some sources for you ASAP. In the mean time it is simply your word against mine. You still have not supplied anything to back up your statement that the Pascha was ALWAYS done on the Friday.

Regards,
    Daniel
    Leviticus23:5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD's passover.

Taking place the first 2 nights of the 8 day holiday, the Seder is the most important event in the Passover celebration. Usually gathering the whole family and friends together, the Seder is steeped in long held traditions and customs...
    http://www.holidays.net/passover/seder.html
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 16:53
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Leviticus23:5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD's passover.

Taking place the first 2 nights of the 8 day holiday, the Seder is the most important event in the Passover celebration. Usually gathering the whole family and friends together, the Seder is steeped in long held traditions and customs...
    Thanks Froggy...

"Taking place the first 2 nights...

There you go Nem.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 19:521 edit

I really, really want to explain to you why Telerion does and doesn't
    believe in Muffy.

Nemesio
    I really want to hear your explanation.
  10. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 20:03
    I really want to hear your explanation.
    Dj did you ever do poorly on a test because you tried too hard? Or maybe played one of those tricky ice breakers where everyone else gets what's going on except you?

Sometimes the answer is so simple, and yet you miss because you are trying too hard . . .

other times you're just so indoctrinated that you lose all sense of perspective.

11. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    05 Jun '05 05:44
    Originally posted by frogstomp

Um. This says 'The fourteenth day...,' not 'the fourteenth and fifteenth day.'

This passage CONFIRMS that the Seder -- the Passover, the Pascha -- is
    a singular event. The 'Festival' of Passover may last a number of days, but the
    Passover Seder (for which a person must not be defiled), is a singular event.

The celebration of the Seder across two nights was for Jews in the Diaspora
    (which Jesus wasn't -- He was in Israel, of course).

http://www.myjewishlearning.com/holidays/About_Jewish_Holidays/Overview_Types_of_Holidays/HolidayLength.htm
    http://www.ahavat-israel.com/torat/pesach.php

The only time that Jesus might have celebrated a two-day Passover was during their
    supposed flight into Egypt as described by Matthew, not in Jerusalem where the Temple
    was (the date for Passover was established by the Sanhedrin; the extension of
    date was to ensure that Jews in the Diaspora celebrated on the right day -- that is,
    only one day was necessary, but they did two days just to be sure).

Sorry folks. This doesn't cut it. People in Jesus's region of town celebrated the Pascha
    on a single day.

Care to try again?

Nemesio
  12. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    05 Jun '05 21:20
    I am here now. I write this post.
  13. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    05 Jun '05 21:21
    I am here now. I write this post.
  14. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    05 Jun '05 21:21
    Does it matter when?
  15. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    05 Jun '05 22:15
    Thanks Froggy...

[b]"Taking place the first 2 nights...

There you go Nem.[/b]
    That seder includes passover on the 14th and the feast of unleven bread on the 15th
    23:5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD's
    passover.
    23:6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of
    unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened
    bread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree