why the lies,

why the lies,

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
20 Dec 11
2 edits

The Watchtower Society doesn’t mix its words when they are discouraging kids
away from further education
. Such phrases as “you will never fulfill any career
that this system offers” or “Do not let them "brainwash" you with the Devil's
propaganda” are clearly suggesting that education is a bad thing. Instead the
Watchtower encourages young people to “get into the full time field service as
quickly as possible” or “Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry or the Bethel
your goal”.

posted by Raj

judge for yourselves whether this statement is truth or a lie,

Questions From Readers, Watchtower , September 1st, 1975, page 542-544

How many years of secular education are advisable for children in Christian
households?

Many Christian households have found it advisable for their children to avail
themselves of the standard basic education provided in their country
. The parents
involved are the ones responsible for deciding on the nature and extent of this
secular training.—Prov. 1:8; 6:20-22; Eph. 6:4.

Christian parents, together with the children, are required to “be obedient to
governments and authorities.” (Titus 3:1) This would include their obeying the
regulations of the state concerning secular education. In most countries the state
requires students to remain in school until a certain age, which may vary from
thirteen to eighteen years. In some lands only a few years of education are
available, and then it is left up to the family to arrange for the child’s future. In
many cases this means that the child is left to fend for himself. But whenever the
law stipulates that children are to attend school for a given number of years,
Christian children should do this, since it does not conflict with any other Bible
command.—Matt. 22:21.

The Scriptures charge parents with the responsibility of training their children, and
children are required to be obedient to their parents “in everything” that is not in
conflict with God’s clearly stated requirements. (Col. 3:20; Prov. 4:1; see also Acts
4:18, 19.) Thus, as long as children are minors, legally under the control of their
parents, or are living in the family household and accepting their support, they are
obligated to abide by the decisions of their parents as to the amount of education
that it is considered well for them to receive. The same principle applies when
parents, one of them or both, are unbelievers. This does not mean that children
cannot discuss matters with their parents and make requests of them, but they are
under obligation to respect the decisions of the father, or, in those cases where there
is no father in the home, of the mother.

Another Scriptural principle to consider is that Christians ought to be equipped to
support themselves, and, in the case of married men, their families as well. (Eph.
4:28; 1 Tim. 5:8) For this reason, in some communities, where high costs are
involved in securing the necessities of life, more secular education may be an
important factor in making a living.
Generally, Christian parents and youths in such
areas have found it advisable to make use of the standard secular training offered;
in America, this is equivalent to what is known as a high-school education.

Another factor to consider is the emphasis that Jehovah places on his written Word,
as well as the assignment he has given to his servants to be preachers and teachers
of “all Scripture.” (2 Tim. 3:16, 17; Matt. 28:19, 20) This strongly indicates that
Jehovah desires all of his witnesses, young and old, to become literate. They should
be able to read the Bible well in their native language and to express its message
fluently and correctly, both by word of mouth and in writing. They can make good
use of secular education in order to attain to such spiritual goals
.—1 Cor. 2:13; Eccl.
12:10.

In addition, the basic education offered by the secular state generally includes
practical instruction in mathematics, history and health care. Many secular schools
also offer additional training, such as in the use of tools and machinery, carpentry,
installing of electrical equipment, car repairing, printing, local crafts, science studies,
typing, music and languages. And for girls, they offer domestic studies and training
in child care. In view of this wide range of studies available in many countries,
teen-age boys and girls, under the direction of their parents, can work out a
program of subjects to be learned that will benefit them later. Some few parents
have thought it advisable to arrange for their youths to enroll for short courses of
technical training in specialized schools to acquire skills in trades, or other technical
know-how, such as in the field of electronics and computers. This has been for the
practical purpose of providing a means of supporting themselves in Jehovah’s
service.

rc

Moves
20 Dec 11
1 edit

Today, there are many teen-age baptized servants of Jehovah. Their personal study,
preparation for meetings and sharing in the Theocratic Ministry School have given
them a basic knowledge of Bible truth for Christian preaching. They have also
benefited by education in the public schools.
But how far should they go with a
secular education? It would hardly be consistent for such a youth, of his own choice,
to pursue extensive secular studies beyond what is required by the law and by his
parents. According to First Timothy 6:20 it would be unwise to fill one’s mind with
philosophies of imperfect men: “O Timothy, guard what is laid up in trust with you,
turning away from the empty speeches that violate what is holy and from the
contradictions of the falsely called ‘knowledge.’” For this reason additional years of
college education may present snares. One may become “brainwashed” by human
philosophies so that faith in God and the Bible is destroyed. (Col. 2:8) Many college
and university courses are based on false theories, such as evolution, that bolster
the old system of things, which will soon pass away forever. (1 John 2:17) A goodly
number of the professors have no faith in God or in the Bible and actively teach
their godless beliefs. Moreover, there is the corrupting influence that the college
atmosphere often has on morals, including the danger of drug addiction.

In most countries secular schools, public and private, are more filled with
lawlessness, violence and corruption (and also drugs) than they were years ago.
Admittedly, some schools are very bad. But has the point been reached where
Christian youths find it impossible to attend the schools in their communities? This is
a question that parents themselves must answer.
However, it seems there have been
a number of Christian youths who, in agitating for early quitting of school, have
used the scare of violence and immorality to pressure their parents into allowing
them to drop out. They have prevailed upon their parents, who have become overly
protective in sympathy, to agree to take them out of these basic schools. In many
cases this has worked to the detriment of the children.

Experience shows that earnest, serious-minded Christian youths, who are well
trained domestically and well taught spiritually in Bible principles, can usually avoid
problems. If they are careful to mind their own business, they find that they can
attend school regularly with comparative safety. Especially is this so if they watch to
keep out of trouble, and do not get involved with sports and other extracurricular
group activities. It also works for their protection if they let their Christian light
shine, considering their classmates as their field for preaching the good news of the
Kingdom. But how much witnessing is actually done by those youths who quit school
early? Often they get engulfed in the struggle to make a living, or get married early
and find themselves with a family to support.

In many congregations of Jehovah’s witnesses it has been found that those few who
did not complete their basic secular education found it more difficult later to meet
life’s problems, to make a success of pioneer service or to bear marriage
responsibilities properly when these came along.

It is not our purpose here to set out rules for Christian households. Rather,
suggestions are offered as guidelines. Let parents and youths plan together for an
adequate secular education that will enable the young people to meet their life
interests and goals in a wholesome, honorable way.
The well-trained youths of today
will become tomorrow’s mature, hardworking servants of Jehovah. A balanced view
of education now can help to make their enjoyment of God’s spiritual paradise
complete.

rc

Moves
20 Dec 11

are we discouraging persons from entering higher education, judge for yourselves, who the liars are!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Today, there are many teen-age baptized servants of Jehovah. Their personal study,
preparation for meetings and sharing in the Theocratic Ministry School have given
them a basic knowledge of Bible truth for Christian preaching. [b]They have also
benefited by education in the public schools.
But how far should they go with a
secular education? ...[text shortened]... d view
of education now can help to make their enjoyment of God’s spiritual paradise
complete.[/b]
Apparently you think we are all dumbos around here.

We are not interested in you doctored version of the article but the actual article which was published in 1975.

Please provide a link to the posted article.

rc

Moves
20 Dec 11
2 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999

We are not interested in you doctored version of the article but the actual article which was published in 1975.

why dont you post the article where you originally based your lies upon, you stated it,
post the full watchtower article or admit that you posted lies.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Dec 11

why dont you post the article where you originally based your lies upon, you stated it,
post the full watchtower article or admit that you posted lies.
I did include the site where the info came from.
Here it is again.

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/education.html

Z

Moves
20 Dec 11

yes, because an article published in 1975 still has meaning today. by that reasoning, i should start posting news articles from 1935 depicting most of the germans as nazis.

F

Moves
20 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
yes, because an article published in 1975 still has meaning today. by that reasoning, i should start posting news articles from 1935 depicting most of the germans as nazis.
I can give you a ref from early 1900-century that says that the Universe doesn't stretch outside the Milky Way galaxy. Where other galaxies are called spiral nebulae.

We know better today of the extence of the Universe.
And we know more about education than we did 1975.
And we know more about science than the Watchtower site does.

rc

Moves
20 Dec 11
1 edit

I did include the site where the info came from.
Here it is again.

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/education.html
then post the full watchtower article or admit that you are posting lies, for clearly the
article fully encourages participation in education, contrary to your lies, doesn't it. Oh,
but wait a minute, you dont have the full article do you, nooo, your simply intent to
take terms out of context and twist them to your lying propaganda, haha, what a pure
and utter plastic fraud you are.

Z

Moves
20 Dec 11

Originally posted by FabianFnas
I can give you a ref from early 1900-century that says that the Universe doesn't stretch outside the Milky Way galaxy. Where other galaxies are called spiral nebulae.

We know better today of the extence of the Universe.
And we know more about education than we did 1975.
And we know more about science than the Watchtower site does.
you missed the point. the universe is quite more stable than the watchtower society.
physics is quite more stable than the watchtower.

societies adapt to the time. some more than others. i won't hold the watchtower of today responsible for something they wrote in 1975. i will ask robbie today, "is our children learning" (not that great of a joke, moving on).
from what i see, robbie claims that the watchtower of today has no problem with people following higher education.

and if i were to ask conrau, i would bet the catholic church has no immediate plans to burn wiccans at the stake, even if in the days of the inquisition, it would have been part of the church manifesto.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Dec 11
1 edit

then post the full watchtower article or admit that you are posting lies, for clearly the
article fully encourages participation in education, contrary to your lies, doesn't it. Oh,
but wait a minute, you dont have the full article do you, nooo, your simply intent to
take terms out of context and twist them to your lying propaganda, haha, what a pure
and utter plastic fraud you are.
Its either you cannot read or you are full of deceit and lies. I suspect its a combination of both. Your opening post said EXACTLY WHAT I QUOTED.

.. THAT HIGHER EDUCATION BEYOND WHAT IS REQUIRED BY LAW IS A WASTE OF TIME.

Directly from your article ..
".. additional years of college education may present snares. One may become “brainwashed” by human philosophies so that faith in God and the Bible is destroyed. Many college and university courses are based on false theories, such as evolution, that bolster the old system of things, which will soon pass away forever. A goodly number of the professors have no faith in God or in the Bible and actively teach their godless beliefs. Moreover, there is the corrupting influence that the college atmosphere often has on morals, including the danger of drug addiction .."

rc

Moves
20 Dec 11
2 edits

Its either you cannot read or you are full of deceit and lies. I suspect its a combination of both. Your opening post said EXACTLY WHAT I QUOTED.

.. THAT HIGHER EDUCATION BEYOND WHAT IS REQUIRED BY LAW IS A WASTE OF TIME.

.. additional years of college education may present snares. One may become “brainwashed” by human philosophies so that fait ...[text shortened]... e that the college atmosphere often has on morals, including the danger of drug addiction ..
anyone that wants to can read the article for themselves, deviod of your third party cut
and paste lies, YOU NEVER EVEN READ THE ARTICLE, that is why your a stupid liar and
everyone knows it , so get away from me, i am playing some chess and i dont
need dung heap posts like yours clouding the environment with its stench.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Dec 11

anyone that wants to can read the article for themselves, deviod of your third party cut
and paste lies, YOU NEVER EVEN READ THE ARTICLE, that is why your a stupid liar and
everyone knows it now, so get away from me, i am playing some chess and i dont
need dung heap posts like yours clouding the environment with its stench.
Nice try. That quote came directly from your article.

rc

Moves
20 Dec 11
1 edit

so did your other third part quotes, shame that you never read the article prior to
posting your third part cut and pasts lies, had you done so, you would have realised
that the article clearly states that its up to parents and their children to decide what
education they adopt, not the watchtower bible and tract society, but you hadn't, and
now, well, you prove to be the idiot that you have always endeavoured to become.
congratulations, couldn't have done it without you.

rc

Moves
20 Dec 11
1 edit

Next time, make sure you read an article before posting your cut and paste lies, then,
when you are called out on it, you wont look like a total tool!