1. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 19:39
    Originally posted by e4chris
    NH3 how is that hard? its 4 atoms!, Vitamin A was first synthesized in 1947 by two Dutch chemists, David Adriaan van Dorp and Jozef Ferdinand Arens. thats hard! thats 51 atoms - haber was a numbnut
    Sure... A numbnut that discovered something that helped feed a large amount of the world. So he accomplished a heck of a lot more good than I bet you have.

Again... you fail to address the real issues. Not surprising at all.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 20:041 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Creationist young earthers won't use their minds because they have an extreme deep seated inferiority complex due to the incessant brainwashing and how they are told for instance, of original sin, and such and how their alleged god is omniscient and so forth and they get it into their heads they fail miserably in comparison to this alleged god.

They set ...[text shortened]... out of hand ALL evidence refuting the biblical fairy tale of how the Earth and humans got here.
    I really hope you're not just piling all Christians and all YECs into the same boat. I do not believe in YEC and I know many Christians who could hold their own in most science-based discussions, including relativity and QM.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 20:07
    The sad part is they let the opinions of other people rule their lives, totally rejecting the intelligence that separates them from animals.

They let their brainwashing rule them so completely there is no escape, and they love it!
    "they"? Exactly who is this "they"?

I am certainly no part of this "they".
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 20:14
    Originally posted by Suzianne

sonhouse's theist firewall is as effective as the one on his commodor 64
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 20:181 edit
    Originally posted by e4chris
    NH3 how is that hard? its 4 atoms!, ...- haber was a numbnut
    You call yourself a scientist and you want to classify the difficulty of
    synthesising chemicals by the number of atoms in a molecule?!?

Ever make a polymer at school? Was that difficult?

As you (should) know the difficulty with synthesising ammonia is not the
    making but the breaking. It was the triple bond in Nitrogen molecules that
    was the difficulty and as previously stated you dont win a Nobel for nothing!
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 20:20

Neither am I Suzianne.
    care to look at the thread title?
    "They" are Young Earthers

now calm down 😛
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 21:34
    Originally posted by OdBod
    I don't know why you can't see , that allowing a god to decide what you are , what to think,how to think and believe in it absolutely ,is the total surrender of individuality. This can only happen if you hold your own individuality in low regard.
    yes, i strive to be a better person because god wants me to. otherwise i would be out there kicking puppies.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 21:36
    I really hope you're not just piling all Christians and all YECs into the same boat. I do not believe in YEC and I know many Christians who could hold their own in most science-based discussions, including relativity and QM.
    it's easier to bash christians or muslims or whatever if they consider all to be yecs, or in the case of muslims, terrorists.

in every argument against religion, they use the nutjob to shout: "look, all theists are like this"
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 21:39
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    in every argument against religion, they use the nutjob to shout: "look, all theists are like this"
    Clearly this thread is not aimed at all theists.
    You must be paranoid.
  10. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 21:52
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yes, i strive to be a better person because god wants me to. otherwise i would be out there kicking puppies.
    I am an atheist and would not dream of causing unecessary suffering to another creature,you it appears require a god to prevent you from doing so. What does this say about the theist and atheist view of life I wonder?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 22:41
    They don't have real arguments, they only have biblical statements to back their agenda, on of which is the Islamification of the US but Christian instead, where of course, they would be the Imams and pass judgement on every issue.

THAT part of their brains they would use.

They hope the so-called creationist scientists can bamboozle the weak minded to ...[text shortened]...
    I lay part of that blame on the creationists, diverting education into frivolous side alleys.
    The scientist before Darwinism came along did not have any problem with creationism being taught in school. It was only the atheists that had a problem with it then.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 23:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The scientist before Darwinism came along did not have any problem with creationism being taught in school. It was only the atheists that had a problem with it then.
    Aristotle realised the Earth was ancient and observed the slow rate of
    geological change.

Educated folk were doubting the Earth's origins in the 17th Century.
    In 1670 Nicolas Steno put forward the theory that ancient seas had
    deposited sedimentary strata in rocks.

Despite religion science continued making advances and it was known that the
    Earth was at least ten times older than the bible said in the 18th Century.

By the 1860s Lord Kelvin had estimated the age of the Earth as between 100 and 400 MILLION yearrs old.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 00:251 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Neither am I Suzianne.
    care to look at the thread title?
    "They" are Young Earthers

now calm down 😛
    Yes, he really means me, but he also knows I am not alone in believing in a young Earth, because I have presented him with scientists that also believe in a young Earth. 😏

God also believes in a young Earth.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 00:42
    The sad part is they let the opinions of other people rule their lives, totally rejecting the intelligence that separates them from animals.

They let their brainwashing rule them so completely there is no escape, and they love it!
    I use my own mind for I don't say Jesus was born on Christmas and crucified on Friday like most people. I announce the truth that Jesus, whose name is Yahshua, was born on a Passover and crucified on Wednesday. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 00:47
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Aristotle realised the Earth was ancient and observed the slow rate of
    geological change.

Educated folk were doubting the Earth's origins in the 17th Century.
    In 1670 Nicolas Steno put forward the theory that ancient seas had
    deposited sedimentary strata in rocks.

Despite religion science continued making advances and it was known that the
    Ear ...[text shortened]... 1860s Lord Kelvin had estimated the age of the Earth as between 100 and 400 MILLION yearrs old.
    Where did you come up with all this? Sounds like a rewrite of history to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree