1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 23:27
    Originally posted by josephw
    Is that supposed to be a question?
    I am reiterating what whodey has claimed, for clarity, before discussing it. If he disputes the reiteration, he can say so.

You are ostensibly a Christian. Do you agree with whodey's stance?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 23:281 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You need your Holy Bible to teach you not to eat mentally retarded people. Perhaps others do not need the scriptural instruction that you require, and yet end up making the same choice as you. I have worked with mentally retarded people and have never viewed them as potential food. Perhaps if your religious faith were to fade one day, you would be tempted to eat them. It's a fine line, I suppose.
    It may be trivial to you FMF, but the facts are that throughout history human beings have enslaved and killed others based upon race, sex, economic status and religion all because they were classified as inferior. So what about the classification of species? Any insight other than just to say, we all do it so that is the way it is?

In fact, if you lived in the ancient world, chances are you would be just fine with slavery because slavery was practiced throughout the ancient world. It would have then been no different to you than eating a steak for dinner I suppose.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 23:30
    Originally posted by whodey
    It may be trivial to you FMF...
    I wasn't being trivial, whodey, and starting your post with "It may be trivial to you FMF..." does not give you leave to ignore what I said.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 23:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am reiterating what whodey has claimed, for clarity, before discussing it. If he disputes the reiteration, he can say so.

You are ostensibly a Christian. Do you agree with whodey's stance?
    I don't know. What is whodey's stance?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 23:31
    [b]"You need your Holy Bible to teach you not to eat mentally retarded people."

Is that supposed to be a question?[/b]
    It's called deflection. Instead of defending your own moral stance attack the other guy's. 😛
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 23:34
    In fact, if you lived in the ancient world, chances are you would be just fine with slavery because slavery was practiced throughout the ancient world.
    Well what you say here is, in essence, the Christian defence of Mosaic Law and "God's" condoning of slavery in the scriptures. I may or may not have opposed slavery. Who is to know what either of us would have done in "the ancient world"?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 23:351 edit
    Whodey believes that mankind was made in the image of God and were given his spirit and as such should not be enslaved and killed. However, animals do not fit this criterea. This in no way means that I think animals should be treated with cruelty, however, this does mean that animals were made for mankind to have dominion over.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 23:36
    It's called deflection. Instead of defending your own moral stance attack the other guy's.
    In what way am I "attacking" your stance? We both choose not to eat mentally retarded people. You reference the Holy Bible with regard to your choice, I don't.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 23:37
    Whodey believes that mankind was made in the image of God and were given his spirit and as such should not be enslaved and killed. However, animals do not fit this criterea. This in no way means that I think animals should be treated with cruelty, however, this does mean that animals were made for mankind to have dominion over.
    Agreed.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 23:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    In what way am I "attacking" your stance? We both choose not to eat mentally retarded people. You reference the Holy Bible with regard to your choice, I don't.
    For clarity, your moral stance is that you do not eat mentally retarded people because you do not desire to do so?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 23:38
    Now you have heard it, do you agree with it?
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 23:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    To what do you reference then in regard to your choice not to eat retarded people?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 23:39
    For clarity, your moral stance is that you do not eat mentally retarded people because you do not desire to do so?
    That's what you are saying too. You also choose not to eat mentally retarded people.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 23:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    That's what you are saying too. You also choose not to eat mentally retarded people.
    For the sake of argument, lets say that when we both look at a mentally retarded person we get the munchies. 😲

So Whodey will do his best to curb this desire because of his faith. What does FMF do?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 23:42
    To what do you reference then in regard to your choice not to eat retarded people?
    My moral code, stated at its most simple, is based on avoiding deceiving, coercing and harming other people.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree