Will Israel make good on their threats?

Will Israel make good on their threats?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
24 Jan 06

Originally posted by powershaker
God did prophecy it. It's in the Bible. See, this is what I'm talking about. People always put the Bible down, and yet they've never even read it cover to cover. They don't even research the prophecies. They just accept that what they think is right and are going to hell on roller skates. You need to study the Bible before you post, scottish. 1948 ...[text shortened]... world today would agree with me. Why don't you ask one of them? I need to pray for you!
You have no idea who has read the Bible cover-to-cover. You just assume that because people don't agree with you.

It wouldn't surprise me if you had never actually read the Bible from cover-to-cover, choosing instead to focus on your favorite books and rely on pastors and apologists to tell you what the rest says.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
24 Jan 06

Will Iran be attacked around March? Will this set Russia against the United States since Israel will use USA airspace in Iraq to attack Iran? It's odd that this is reflective of prophecy in the Bible. Gog attacks Israel along with Syria and Iran.
Duh. How do you get North Wales figuring in all this? (or are you talking nonsense?)

l

Moves
24 Jan 06

any bible passage can be used (and even re-used) to fit into "prophecy". even I can take some random bible passage out of the bible, claim that it relates to current times, and manage to convince people that there is some truth in my words.
also, why do so many christians assume that non-christians have NOT read the bible? it was actually a bit surprising for me to find out what percentage of christians have actually read the bible, and what percentage of non-christians have done the same...

A

Moves
27 Feb 08

What do you think of Obadiah Shoher's views on the Middle East conflict? One can argue, of course, that Shoher is ultra-right, but his followers are far from being a marginal group. Also, he rejects Jewish moralistic reasoning - that's alone is highly unusual for the Israeli right. And he is very influential here in Israel. So what do you think?

P

Moves
27 Feb 08
1 edit

Bah.. it's nothing.

God will part the red sea and save everyone.

Or is that a different story?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Feb 08

Yes, it does prophesy it. It tells of Russia and her Muslim allies attacking Israel. Research it. It's true. This is the end when Israel is attacked. The rapture of God's saved comes even before or after this big event. God will intervene and protect Israel when she is attacked by all these countries. Most likely it will be a sneak attack, when the U.S. least expects it. They will not have time to defend Israel. Only God will defend her.
This is why I really, really want evangelicals OUT OF MY GOVERNMENT!!!!

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Feb 08

God did prophecy it. It's in the Bible. See, this is what I'm talking about. People always put the Bible down, and yet they've never even read it cover to cover. They don't even research the prophecies. They just accept that what they think is right and are going to hell on roller skates. You need to study the Bible before you post, scottish. 1948 ...[text shortened]... world today would agree with me. Why don't you ask one of them? I need to pray for you!
Thread 20620

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
27 Feb 08

Oh, yes, well Israel has said they are making plans for an attack. That they will pursue anyone who was involved in the Tel Aviv bombings. Recently, the Iranian president also threatened Israel and he also said the U.S. will never attack them, because that have a military might not known to the world. In other words, they have the power to defend agai ...[text shortened]... esus Christ to set up His kingdom on Earth. This is referred to as the "Glorious Appearing."
I'm guessing you are a supporter of Israel. Personally as a Christian , I find many of the things that Israel did and has done and how it was formed repugnant. I think if God were to intervene the first thing he would do is ask the Jews to take a good hard look at themselves and ask them why they sought to dispossess and oppress another people for the sake of the "holy land". As far as I am concerned God and the Bible has been used far too often to justify injustice and oppression. It's time we started looking at these issues instead. It was Biblical prophesy and use of theology that has lead to the terrible situation between the palestinians and Israel. Read up on your history , God has been used to rationalise inhumanity and war . Jesus would have had no part in it!!!

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Feb 08

Originally posted by lukemcmullan
"...and God shall striketh down the F-15 Eagles of the heathens, simultaneously, and it shall be known henceforth as the Glorious Appearing."
Iran only has f-14s, and they don't have parts for maintainance.

M
Quis custodiet

ipsos custodes?

Moves
28 Feb 08

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
This is why I really, really want evangelicals OUT OF MY GOVERNMENT!!!!
Yep evangelicals who believe literally in the fire and brimstone ending to the bible with their fingers on a big red button saying "tell me when lord" is definitely a worrying Idea....

how many people out their have read the bible cover to cover.... I bet we get more atheists than Christians on this poll...

1. Me (Atheist)

Hmmm . . .

Moves
28 Feb 08

So—

The end times will begin this March, with the rapture either before or after (today is February 27), and then the tribulation. So basically, if we get through the next month or so, the prophecy’s wrong (at least according to powershaker’s reading)...

Or is the prophecy that Israel will attack Iran next month or some other time before or after which the rapture will occur and then the seven years of tribulation whenever it might happen could be this March or not who knows?

s

Moves
28 Feb 08

Originally posted by vistesd
So—

The end times will begin this March, with the rapture either before or after (today is February 27), and then the tribulation. So basically, if we get through the next month or so, the prophecy’s wrong (at least according to powershaker’s reading)...

Or is the prophecy that Israel will attack Iran next month or some other time before or after whic ...[text shortened]... en the seven years of tribulation whenever it might happen could be this March or not who knows?
I hope it'll be in the end of March, after I visited Ireland... I already bought my ticket, and I'd be really pissed off it the world ended before I went...

M
Quis custodiet

ipsos custodes?

Moves
28 Feb 08

Originally posted by serigado
I hope it'll be in the end of March, after I visited Ireland... I already bought my ticket, and I'd be really pissed off it the world ended before I went...
Ireland won't be affected by the apocalypse anyway we're too awesome....

Seriously though if you going do try get out west, in particular to co. Claire... It's a limestone karst out there... There's no other landscape in the world quite like it... Its really awesome

Hmmm . . .

Moves
28 Feb 08

Originally posted by Mexico
Yep evangelicals who believe literally in the fire and brimstone ending to the bible with their fingers on a big red button saying "tell me when lord" is definitely a worrying Idea....

how many people out their have read the bible cover to cover.... I bet we get more atheists than Christians on this poll...

1. Me (Atheist)

s

Moves
28 Feb 08

Originally posted by Mexico
Ireland won't be affected by the apocalypse anyway we're too awesome....

Seriously though if you going do try get out west, in particular to co. Claire... It's a limestone karst out there... There's no other landscape in the world quite like it... Its really awesome
thkx for advice. I'll be there for 2 weeks and I want to visit the countryside and get to know the people. Maybe you can make some more suggestions... i'll ask you later, if you don't mind 🙂