1. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 12:38
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I guess you also think that the weatherman cause hurricanes ?

I was simply responding to a question about Biblical prophecy.
    The day a sentient hurricane picks up the paper and says, 'Hmm, a hurricane is predicted to hit Miami next week. Well, that may as well be me..." then yes.

Which actually would be a lot like a bunch of Israelis picking up a book and saying, "Hey! It says right here we will one day get Palestine back. Well, no time like the present. Might as well get started..."
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 15:15
    Originally posted by spruce112358
    Rajk, the mere possibility that 50 years of turmoil and destruction in the Middle East has resulted in part because of something an unknown person scrawled on a piece of sheepskin more than 2 millenia ago is so utterly appalling, I'm at a loss for words.

Much of US support for Israel is fundamentally grounded in superstition and myth? I assumed this ...[text shortened]... ust recognize?

I have heard many stupid things in my life, but this may surpass them all.
    Did you know that the Christians in the US experienced the Fourth Great Awakening right after the Six-Day War? It's also called the Jesus Movement.

Interestingly, that's about when the US started supporting Israel.

Did you know it says in the Christian Bible that all nations must obey Israel or perish? It's in Isaiah.
  3. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 22:03
    Palestinians can do whatever they please. Biblical prophecy does not influence the lives of people except the most fanatical. All informed muslims, particularly the Imams and other religious leaders knew Israel would one day take back Palestine. That should not and did not stop them from reacting. I predict with 100% certainty that you will die one day. Would that affect what you do?
    I'm descended from Vikings , so although I live in the Uk , should I go off and "take back" Norway from it's current inhabitants? How far do we take this madness? Land belongs to people who live there not to those who are genetic descendents of tribes from 1000 years ago. The story of Israel is the story of white Europeans nicking the land from peasant arabs whose grandfathers bones are still in the ground.

You can only tack back something if it belongs to you , and Norway does not belong to me just because my descendents lived there once.
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 22:05
    Rajk, the mere possibility that 50 years of turmoil and destruction in the Middle East has resulted in part because of something an unknown person scrawled on a piece of sheepskin more than 2 millenia ago is so utterly appalling, I'm at a loss for words.

Much of US support for Israel is fundamentally grounded in superstition and myth? I assumed this ...[text shortened]... ust recognize?

I have heard many stupid things in my life, but this may surpass them all.
    Well said! As a christian let it be said that not all christians subscribe to this nonsense.
  5. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 22:13
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    I'm descended from Vikings , so although I live in the Uk , should I go off and "take back" Norway from it's current inhabitants? How far do we take this madness? Land belongs to people who live there not to those who are genetic descendents of tribes from 1000 years ago. The story of Israel is the story of white Europeans nicking the land from peasant ...[text shortened]... ongs to you , and Norway does not belong to me just because my descendents lived there once.
    Plus Israel didn't even "Take back Palestine" they we're given it after WW2 because the world (rightly so) felt bad about the holocaust. However the problem is the land that was given to them by the commission wasn't theirs to give away in the first place....
  6. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 02:11
    Originally posted by vistesd
    So—

The end times will begin this March, with the rapture either before or after (today is February 27), and then the tribulation. So basically, if we get through the next month or so, the prophecy’s wrong (at least according to powershaker’s reading)...
    Except that this amazing piece of "prophecy" was made in March of '06. The first page and a half of this thread is two years old.
  7. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 02:231 edit
    Originally posted by David C
    Except that this amazing piece of "prophecy" was made in March of '06. The first page and a half of this thread is two years old.
    Ooops! I missed that (thanks to you and Nordlys for pointing it out).

And here I was, getting the popcorn ready and everything... 🙁
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 02:39
    I'm descended from Vikings , so although I live in the Uk , should I go off and "take back" Norway from it's current inhabitants? How far do we take this madness? Land belongs to people who live there not to those who are genetic descendents of tribes from 1000 years ago. The story of Israel is the story of white Europeans nicking the land from peasant ...[text shortened]... ongs to you , and Norway does not belong to me just because my descendents lived there once.
    You can do what you like !

I am not advising what you or the Jews should or should not do. I simply stated what the Bible prophecy was.

Emotional outburst like what both you and Spruce are demonstrating is a typical feminine trait. Go take your pills or go get laid or something.

Finally a Christian that cannot understand the how and the why the Jews are returning to Palestine is NOT A CHRISTIAN. Get your identity crisis sorted out.
  9. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 07:07

I am not advising what you or the Jews should or should not do. I simply stated what the Bible prophecy was.

Emotional outburst like what both you and Spruce are demonstrating is a typical feminine trait. Go take your pills or go get laid or something.

Finally a Christian that cannot understand the how and the why the Jews are returning to Palestine is NOT A CHRISTIAN. Get your identity crisis sorted out.
    🙂

knightmeister, when the other side is reduced to spluttering insults, that means we won.

{virutal high five}
  10. Joined
    27 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 14:571 edit
    Originally posted by AlexZello
    What do you think of Obadiah Shoher's views on the Middle East conflict? One can argue, of course, that Shoher is ultra-right, but his followers are far from being a marginal group. Also, he rejects Jewish moralistic reasoning - that's alone is highly unusual for the Israeli right. And he is very influential here in Israel. So what do you think?
    uh, here's the site in question: Middle East conflict
  11. Joined
    03 Apr '07
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 18:05
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Since "Israel" was only founded in 1948, I'd be surprised if the bible had prophisized this! (and Iran since 1935)
    that's what a prophecy is
  12. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 15:48
    🙂

knightmeister, when the other side is reduced to spluttering insults, that means we won.

{virutal high five}
    Agreed , he didn't make a lot of sense did he? I think I touched a nerve. To declare oneself a christian is to align oneself to the way of pacifism and love , the way of peace. Jesus would not have turfed someone out of their own land and on the basis of some prophecy. He would sooner be killed than kill.
  13. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 15:55

I know how and why the jews are returning and I don't agree with the how and why. You need to read more and understand the issue. What do you know about Zionism for example? Do you know about the orthodox Jews who oppose Israel in the name of Judaism? Instead of insulting me just find out more about what really happened.

Once we say it's Ok for one set of people ( who were not born in a particular country) can lay claim to the land of another who WERE born there on the basis of religion then we are in trouble. How would you like someone to say your house belonged to them because it said so in some book?

Jesus said that the name of God would be used in order to kill others and so it was.
  14. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 15:59
    Originally posted by Mexico
    Plus Israel didn't even "Take back Palestine" they we're given it after WW2 because the world (rightly so) felt bad about the holocaust. However the problem is the land that was given to them by the commission wasn't theirs to give away in the first place....
    It goes back further than that. If you look at the Balfour declaration in 1917 you will see it's a very racist and biased document. Balfour was very sympathetic to Zionism and had influential Jewish friends. There was no consultation with the Arabs whose land was being "given" away by some middle class Englander who could see no further than Lord Rothschilds backside.
  15. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    02 Mar '08 21:29
    It goes back further than that. If you look at the Balfour declaration in 1917 you will see it's a very racist and biased document. Balfour was very sympathetic to Zionism and had influential Jewish friends. There was no consultation with the Arabs whose land was being "given" away by some middle class Englander who could see no further than Lord Rothschilds backside.
    Oh yea, I'm aware the English (and French?) etc, weren't exactly nice to the arabs. But it was after WW2 and Israel that they started hating the west nearly as much as they hate jews.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree