Will Israel make good on their threats?

Will Israel make good on their threats?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M
Quis custodiet

ipsos custodes?

Moves
28 Feb 08

Originally posted by vistesd
2. Atheists ?

Hmmm . . .

Moves
28 Feb 08

Originally posted by Mexico
2. Atheists ?
Sorry: yes.

Technically, am a non-dualist (think Zen: no supernatural/extra-natural beings, no supernatural/extra-natural category; whether Zen or Taoism are considered religions or philosophies is of little concern to me).

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
28 Feb 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Mexico
Ireland won't be affected by the apocalypse anyway we're too awesome....

Seriously though if you going do try get out west, in particular to co. Claire... It's a limestone karst out there... There's no other landscape in the world quite like it... Its really awesome
Los Angeles and San Francisco will be full of smoking craters, with sinners writhing at the bottom...

I have not read the Bible entirely. I've put some time into the book of Daniel and otherwise just read individual passages. I tried, but Genesis drove me quickly away.

M
Quis custodiet

ipsos custodes?

Moves
28 Feb 08

Sorry: yes.

Technically, am a non-dualist (think Zen: no supernatural/extra-natural beings, no supernatural/extra-natural category; whether Zen or Taoism are considered religions or philosophies is of little concern to me).
Cool. But careful calling your self a non dualist since Christianity is technically a non dualistic religious philosophy..... Being that the devil is simply a lesser part of god. Thus its all one......

Personally I believe in the power of the individual mind......

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
28 Feb 08

Originally posted by powershaker
Yes, it does prophesy it. It tells of Russia and her Muslim allies attacking Israel. Research it. It's true. This is the end when Israel is attacked. The rapture of God's saved comes even before or after this big event. God will intervene and protect Israel when she is attacked by all these countries. Most likely it will be a sneak attack, when the U.S. least expects it. They will not have time to defend Israel. Only God will defend her.
Wait a minute...

Russia and her Muslim allies?
Russia?
Iran?
Israel?

And someone predicted all this 2000 years ago??? Sounds awfully far fetched.

What did they predict about Scotland?

Cape Town

Moves
28 Feb 08

Originally posted by shavixmir
Wait a minute...

Russia and her Muslim allies?
Russia?
Iran?
Israel?

And someone predicted all this 2000 years ago??? Sounds awfully far fetched.

It probably says "The enemies of Israel" which right now might be Russia and her Muslim allies.

Of course the posters initial post betrays the real problem with prophesy: a vague prophesy must be matched to real world events. If the prophesy was as clear as the poster later implies then he would already know when and where Russia and her Muslim allies were going to attack Israel without asking us!

One of course should ask what the purpose of such prophesy in the Bible is anyway as the outcome is necessarily that everyone up until the time the prophesy comes to pass keeps trying to wrongly attach it to current or past events, and only the lucky few at the time of the prophesy will actually get to see it and how will reading about themselves in the Bible help them anyway? Its not like they can do anything about it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Feb 08

Originally posted by lukemcmullan
Really? Can you point out where?
Both the Bible and Koran foretold of the Jews return to the land of Israel and re-possessing the land that God had promised to the Abraham. The return actually happened in 1948 but nobody was able to predict for sure when it was going to happen. The Bible also did say that the return to Israel was a sign that the 'end-times' were upon us and Christ would soon return. Again only foolish Christians try to predict when Christ will actually return. The fact that Israel is likely to take out Irans nuclear capability is no sign of anything.

Here are some verses in the Bible :

And the LORD shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the LORD shall lead you. And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men’s hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell. But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find [him], if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, [even] in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God [is] a merciful God😉 he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them. Deuteronomy 4:27-31

For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it. Jeremiah 30:3

For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause [you] to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded. And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by. And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities [are become] fenced, [and] are inhabited. Ezekiel 36:24,33-35

Here are some from the Koran :

2:47 Children of Israel! call to mind the favour which I bestowed upon you, and that I preferred you to all other nations. 2:122 O Children of Israel! call to mind the favor which I bestowed upon you, and that I preferred you to all other nations. 7:137 And We made the children of Israel, who were considered weak (and of no account), inheritors of lands in both east and west, - lands whereon We sent down Our blessings. The fair promise of thy Lord was fulfilled for the Children of Israel, because they had patience and constancy, and We leveled to the ground the great works and fine
buildings which Pharaoh and his people erected (with such pride). 17:104 And We said thereafter to the Children of Israel, “Dwell securely in the land of promise”:

[17:100-104]”To Moses We [Allah] gave nine clear signs. Ask the Israelites how he [Moses] first appeared amongst them. Pharoah said to him: ‘Moses, I can see that you are bewitched.’ ‘You know full well,’ he [Moses] replied, ‘that none but the Lord of the heavens and the earth has revealed these visible signs. Pharoah, you are doomed.’” “Pharoah sought to scare them [the Israelites] out of the land [of Israel]: but We [Allah] drowned him [Pharoah] together with all who were with him. Then We [Allah] said to the Israelites: ‘Dwell in this land [the Land of Israel]. When the promise of the hereafter [End of Days] comes to be fulfilled, We [Allah] shall assemble you [the Israelites] all together [in the Land of Israel].”“We [Allah] have revealed the Qur’an with the truth, and with the truth it has come down. We have sent you [Muhammed] forth only to proclaim good news and to give warning.”

N

The sky

Moves
28 Feb 08

So—

The end times will begin this March, with the rapture either before or after (today is February 27), and then the tribulation.
No, actually they began in March 2006. 😲

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
28 Feb 08

Originally posted by shavixmir

John 1:16

And the descendants of the clansmen will play a horrible sounding music instrument whilst boiling sheep intestine and calling it food.

s

Moves
28 Feb 08

Originally posted by Crowley
John 1:16

And the descendants of the clansmen will play a beautiful melodic haunting music instrument whilst boiling offal in sheep intestine and calling it food.
*sorted*, ya sassanach bampot ya.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
29 Feb 08

Originally posted by Rajk999
Both the Bible and Koran foretold of the Jews return to the land of Israel and re-possessing the land that God had promised to the Abraham. The return actually happened in 1948 but nobody was able to predict for sure when it was going to happen. The Bible also did say that the return to Israel was a sign that the 'end-times' were upon us and Christ would so ...[text shortened]... come down. We have sent you [Muhammed] forth only to proclaim good news and to give warning.”
Rajk, the mere possibility that 50 years of turmoil and destruction in the Middle East has resulted in part because of something an unknown person scrawled on a piece of sheepskin more than 2 millenia ago is so utterly appalling, I'm at a loss for words.

Much of US support for Israel is fundamentally grounded in superstition and myth? I assumed this was the ravings of a far-fringe splinter. If this is a reason for the mainstream, then it says a great deal about the capacity of the human race for reason.

"A man wearing a funny hat reading an old book told me that I have the right to live in your house. So get out." This is the basis of the Israeli claim? THIS is the basis of Israel's so-called right to exist which everyone must recognize?

I have heard many stupid things in my life, but this may surpass them all.

Cape Town

Moves
29 Feb 08

For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause [you] to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded. And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in t ...[text shortened]... ste and desolate and ruined cities [are become] fenced, [and] are inhabited. Ezekiel 36:24,33-35
So the Palestinians should not be complaining because the Jews only took land which was 'waste and desolate and ruined cities'.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Feb 08

Originally posted by twhitehead
So the Palestinians should not be complaining because the Jews only took land which was 'waste and desolate and ruined cities'.
Palestinians can do whatever they please. Biblical prophecy does not influence the lives of people except the most fanatical. All informed muslims, particularly the Imams and other religious leaders knew Israel would one day take back Palestine. That should not and did not stop them from reacting. I predict with 100% certainty that you will die one day. Would that affect what you do?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Feb 08
1 edit

Originally posted by spruce112358
Rajk, the mere possibility that 50 years of turmoil and destruction in the Middle East has resulted in part because of something an unknown person scrawled on a piece of sheepskin more than 2 millenia ago is so utterly appalling, I'm at a loss for words.

Much of US support for Israel is fundamentally grounded in superstition and myth? I assumed this ust recognize?

I have heard many stupid things in my life, but this may surpass them all.
I guess you also think that the weatherman cause hurricanes ?

I was simply responding to a question about Biblical prophecy.

Cape Town

Moves
29 Feb 08

Palestinians can do whatever they please. Biblical prophecy does not influence the lives of people except the most fanatical. All informed muslims, particularly the Imams and other religious leaders knew Israel would one day take back Palestine. That should not and did not stop them from reacting. I predict with 100% certainty that you will die one day. Would that affect what you do?
My point was that the prophesy has not been fulfilled.