1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    03 Mar '08 17:53
    Originally posted by Mexico
    Oh yea, I'm aware the English (and French?) etc, weren't exactly nice to the arabs. But it was after WW2 and Israel that they started hating the west nearly as much as they hate jews.....
    Yes because by 1948 the great power games that the west were playing were revealed. Israel is the west's base camp in the land of the oil.
  2. Joined
    26 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 04:57
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    It goes back further than that. If you look at the Balfour declaration in 1917 you will see it's a very racist and biased document. Balfour was very sympathetic to Zionism and had influential Jewish friends. There was no consultation with the Arabs whose land was being "given" away by some middle class Englander who could see no further than Lord Rothschilds backside.
    You've read the Balfour declaration of 1917 then? Let me get this straight: it was the Rich Jews who were so powerful that they convinced Balfour to steal Arab land from the Arabs. Is that in the declaration itself or somewhere in the protocols of Zion? Either way, you have summarized all the issues very succinctly and with tremendous accuracy.

You're right . This problem began in 1917 and you've obviously done your homework. I wish more people read books like you.

A+
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 10:18
    Originally posted by Mexico
    Oh yea, I'm aware the English (and French?) etc, weren't exactly nice to the arabs. But it was after WW2 and Israel that they started hating the west nearly as much as they hate jews.....
    I don't think they particularly liked the crusaders either. As far as I know however, Saudi Arabia and some other Arab nations have very close ties with 'the west', so its not as if all Arabs hate the west.
    I think that the conflicts have to do with oil, religion and even cultural issues - a dangerous mix.
    Keep in mind also that some of the conflict is a result of dictators using oil money to hang on to power and play international politics games.
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    04 Mar '08 12:09
    Originally posted by The Dude 84
    You've read the Balfour declaration of 1917 then? Let me get this straight: it was the Rich Jews who were so powerful that they convinced Balfour to steal Arab land from the Arabs. Is that in the declaration itself or somewhere in the protocols of Zion? Either way, you have summarized all the issues very succinctly and with tremendous accuracy.

You'r ...[text shortened]... n 1917 and you've obviously done your homework. I wish more people read books like you.

A+
    I have read it and also a lot of stuff about Zionism and I'm currently reading Righteous Victims by Benny Morris. I don't think one can really understand Israel without reading up on it. Once you do it becomes a bit less clear cut shall we say.
  5. Joined
    26 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 17:26
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    I have read it and also a lot of stuff about Zionism and I'm currently reading Righteous Victims by Benny Morris. I don't think one can really understand Israel without reading up on it. Once you do it becomes a bit less clear cut shall we say.
    No really, I think it's as simple as the Jews worldwide conspiracy was powerful enough to steal the land out of the helpless Arabs.

You even said yourself that Balfour was sympathetic to them: how can someone be sympathetic to Jews unless they're being manipulated by the Jews international hand?

IF indeed it is more complicated than this, what do you think is the root of the problem?
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 18:52
    No really, I think it's as simple as the Jews worldwide conspiracy was powerful enough to steal the land out of the helpless Arabs.

You even said yourself that Balfour was sympathetic to them: how can someone be sympathetic to Jews unless they're being manipulated by the Jews international hand?

IF indeed it is more complicated than this, what do you think is the root of the problem?
    how can someone be sympathetic to Jews unless they're being manipulated by the Jews international hand?

How can someone be sympathetic to Palestinians unless they're being manipulated by the Palestinians' international hand?

Or Native Americans. Or illegal immigrants. Or Americans. Or English. Or Russians. Or anyone.

Your statement leads me to believe you are incapable of sympathy due to paranoia about conspiracies.
  7. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 19:52

I don't buy the conspiracy thing that much although I think there were some very influential jews around at the time. I think Balfour was sympathetic because he was an evangelical but also it's to do with the mindset at the time. The arabs were seen as thick peasents , it's just a very eurocentric way of looking at the world. I think the comparisons with the aborigines and native americans are there for all to see.

I think the Jews deserved a homeland but there were plenty of other places that were uninhabited at the time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree