2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 00:07
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    Well what say you?

Nyxie
    No, because the Bible says he was doomed to hell.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 00:09
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    John 17:12 While I was with them, I kept them in thy name, which thou hast given me; I have guarded them, and none of them is lost but the son of perdition, that the scripture might be fulfilled.
  4. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 00:10
    Please provide the corresponding passages.

Was Judas not the very first person to be forgiven by Jesus? Did Judas not play an intrical role in the whole thing? What if he had not betrayed Christ? Did Christ not himself tell him he expected him to do it?

Nyxie
  5. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 00:11
    John 17:12 While I was with them, I kept them in thy name, which thou hast given me; I have guarded them, and none of them is lost but the son of perdition, that the scripture might be fulfilled.
    Where does it say that Judas is the son of perdition?

Thanks for the Bible passage.

Nyxie
  6. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 00:13
    Well what say you?

Nyxie

What say you ?
  7. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 00:15
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

What say you ?
    I believe he was forgiven by Jesus, and in the end realized what he had done. He in his heart believed in Jesus upon his death.

Nyxie

Now : what say you?
  8. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 02:52
    I believe he was forgiven by Jesus, and in the end realized what he had done. He in his heart believed in Jesus upon his death.

Nyxie

Judas committed suicide. He is most assuredly in hell, though of course Jesus forgave Him. But Jesus forgives all of us. We have to accept it.
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 03:03
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Judas committed suicide. He is most assuredly in hell, though of course Jesus forgave Him. But Jesus forgives all of us. We have to accept it.
    Uh...could you help me here. I'm confused.
  10. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 03:23
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Uh...could you help me here. I'm confused.
    Jesus forgave all of our sins--past, present, future--when He died on that cross. It is up to us to accept the forgiveness. Judas clearly did not, since if he had, he would have let God lead his life, not him.
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 03:51
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Jesus forgave all of our sins--past, present, future--when He died on that cross. It is up to us to accept the forgiveness. Judas clearly did not, since if he had, he would have let God lead his life, not him.
    OK, so if Judas accepted forgiveness.....this is where I'm confused because you say Jesus forgave all of our sins "past, present , and future" so what difference would it make if Judas accepted forgiveness as they were forgiven anyway. I guess another thing I hear you saying is that suicide damns somebody to hell.
  12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 03:55

Nyxie

I say you said this very nicely, but it is speculation.

There are no definite references in the Gospel for assuming one or the other.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 03:56
    OK, so if Judas accepted forgiveness.....this is where I'm confused because you say Jesus forgave all of our sins "past, present , and future" so what difference would it make if Judas accepted forgiveness as they were forgiven anyway. I guess another thing I hear you saying is that suicide damns somebody to hell.
    He's asserted that before although he has failed to provide a Biblical passage that explicitly condemns suicide. Passages that condemn "murder" and then an argument from Darfius that suicide is "self-murder" don't count.
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 03:57
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

I say you said this very nicely, but it is speculation.

There are no definite references in the Gospel for assuming one or the other.
    Is there any Catholic doctrine that we all betray Christ in sinning?
  15. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 03:59
    Kirk: " ...... this is where I'm confused because you say Jesus forgave all of our sins "past, present , and future" so what difference would it make if Judas accepted forgiveness as they were forgiven anyway."

..... are you being humurous again or are you really confused. I make a bet on the latter ...... are you for real ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree