1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Aug '15 22:34
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    As a writer, i often start a book with a fixed ending in mind, but allow my characters to find their own way there as the chapters unfold. (It is more fun to write this way). Is that how God works? Does he know our ending, but allow us control of the chapters?
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    "Is that how God works? Does he know our ending, but allow us control of the chapters?"

Yes and yes, precisely.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Aug '15 23:07
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Will man ever live to be 200?" This Red Hot Pawn Spirituality Forum Thread is inspired by the following reply by Ghost of a Duke to General Forum Thread 162364 (Page 47)

"A. I don't know why; why do they do that, tell me why. 😞

Q. Will man ever live to be 200?"

All of us are given life ...[text shortened]... nd eternal life.

"Yes" or "No" to His Grace Gift are the only available options. Thanks, GD.[/b]

Are you kidding me? Do you know how much you will have paid out in Taxes??
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '15 23:102 edits
    Originally posted by JS357
    "Now you mis-title another attempt at fear-mongering.

Just sayin', pal."

[b]"Q. Will man ever live to be 200?"
    ~Ghost of a Duke

JS, this title is from GD not GB.[/b]
    C'mon GB. Instead of admitting that this thread is yet another attempt at fear-mongering, you responded as if JS was too stupid to have understood that you appropriated the title from something GD wrote in another thread.

Why don't you apologize to JS and admit that you intentionally mistitled the thread?

It's clear that the topic of this thread isn't "Will man ever live to be 200?", but yet another of countless threads that you started on the topic "...where will I live for eternity?". You even put the topic in italics for crying out loud, so you clearly understood what the true topic is.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Aug '15 23:561 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    C'mon GB. Instead of admitting that this thread is yet another attempt at fear-mongering, you responded as if JS was too stupid to have understood that you appropriated the title from something GD wrote in another thread.

Why don't you apologize to JS and admit that you intentionally mistitled the thread?

It's clear that the topic of this thread isn't ...[text shortened]... even put the topic in italics for crying out loud, so you clearly understood what the true topic is.
    Spirituality: "Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after." ~Russ

Au contraire, TOT, within the context of this spirituality forum the inevitability of our physical death and the absolute certainty of "the life after", the imaginative interrogative "Will man ever live to be 200?" suggested by Ghost of a Duke's wording in another forum is entirely apropos. "Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away." (James 4:14)
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 00:00
    Originally posted by checkbaiter

Are you kidding me? Do you know how much you will have paid out in Taxes??
    "Taxes" are purely hypothetical; our physical death one fine day is an inescapable certainty.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 00:013 edits
    "Now you mis-title another attempt at fear-mongering.

Just sayin', pal."

[b]"Q. Will man ever live to be 200?"
    ~Ghost of a Duke

JS, this title is from GD not GB.[/b]
    I don't have any malice toward you, I respect your personal choice and hope it is working for you in this life as much as you hope it works at the end.You typed in the thread title, I assume. I regard it as at least blind to consequences on your part, to mis-name a thread, in order to inject a dose of what to an impressionable mind, is IMO, emotional abuse, that is, induction of fear as a motivator, when even Jesus called for love, according to your book. We were, all of us, once in that impressionable position. I know you can't see it that way, as much worse methods of conversion have been permitted (history shows) given the stakes you believe to exist. I doubt there are many, if any non-believers on this forum who are vulnerable, but the fear tactic also keeps believers in line.

Edit: I merely lack belief, and I am open to enlightenment, but not to fear, as a path of spiritual growth. You may be slowing me down and it might be best if I stop reading your posts.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 00:181 edit
    [b]Spirituality: "Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after." ~Russ

Au contraire, TOT, within the context of this spirituality forum the inevitability of our physical death and the absolute certainty of "the life after", the imaginative interrogative "Will man ever live to be 200?" suggested by Ghost of a Duk ...[text shortened]... rrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away." (James 4:14)[/b]
    No surprise that instead of setting aside your pride and apologizing to JS , you chose to deflect.

Tell you what. I'll simplify things for you:

Why don't you apologize to JS?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 01:27
    "Taxes" are purely hypothetical; our physical death one fine day is an inescapable certainty.
    Lighten up GB, breathe in and let it out slowly.😉
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 01:331 edit
    I don't have any malice toward you, I respect your personal choice and hope it is working for you in this life as much as you hope it works at the end.You typed in the thread title, I assume. I regard it as at least blind to consequences on your part, to mis-name a thread, in order to inject a dose of what to an impressionable mind, is IMO, emotional abuse, that ...[text shortened]... h of spiritual growth. You may be slowing me down and it might be best if I stop reading your posts.
    "Edit: I merely lack belief, and I am open to enlightenment, but not to fear, as a path of spiritual growth. You may be slowing me down and it might be best if I stop reading your posts." JS, by all means ignore me along with any and all of my posts to this spirituality forum. The singular issue is whether or not we have a desire to know the absolute truths revealed within the Word of God. When positive volition is operative, God the Holy Spirit will provide both the message and the appropriate messenger for you as He has done for me in the past and continues to do.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 01:34
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Lighten up GB, breathe in and let it out slowly.😉
    lol
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 01:41
    "Edit: I merely lack belief, and I am open to enlightenment, but not to fear, as a path of spiritual growth. You may be slowing me down and it might be best if I stop reading your posts." JS, by all means ignore me along with any and all of my posts to this spirituality forum. The singular issue is whether or not we have a desire to know the abso ...[text shortened]... ge and the appropriate messenger for you as He has done for me in the past and continues to do.
    Does your refusal to issue an apology to JS stem from "personal volition" or "God the Holy Spirit"?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 01:47
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    No surprise that instead of setting aside your pride and apologizing to JS , you chose to deflect.

Tell you what. I'll simplify things for you:

Why don't you apologize to JS?
    [/b]
    Pettifogging personified post of the year. Kudos. This thread's topic concerns itself with the acid reality of our individual physical deaths not fixation on the personalities of people which may be unlike and diametrically opposed to our own. How well did you know "phillip beer"?
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 02:031 edit
    Pettifogging personified post of the year. Kudos. This thread's topic concerns itself with the acid reality of our individual physical deaths not fixation on the personalities of people which may be unlike and diametrically opposed to our own. How well did you know "phillip beer"?
    Let me see if I understand this.

Instead of setting aside your pride and apologizing to JS, you've opted to rationalize your refusal by awarding me the "pettifogging personified post of the year".

Fascinating.

Do you think it would kill you to set aside your pride and simply issue an apology?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 03:44
    "Edit: I merely lack belief, and I am open to enlightenment, but not to fear, as a path of spiritual growth. You may be slowing me down and it might be best if I stop reading your posts." JS, by all means ignore me along with any and all of my posts to this spirituality forum. The singular issue is whether or not we have a desire to know the abso ...[text shortened]... ge and the appropriate messenger for you as He has done for me in the past and continues to do.
    No, the "singular issue" here is your inability to acknowledge that you could be wrong about any topic of spiritual substance. Your lame nod to being wrong once about the "pairs" of animals on Noah's ark included.
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '15 14:37
    [b]"Will man ever live to be 200?" This Red Hot Pawn Spirituality Forum Thread is inspired by the following reply by Ghost of a Duke to General Forum Thread 162364 (Page 47)

"A. I don't know why; why do they do that, tell me why. 😞

All of us are given life ...[text shortened]... nd eternal life.

"Yes" or "No" to His Grace Gift are the only available options. Thanks, GD.[/b]
    All you have are your pathetic and abhorrent threats.
    That is your one sole argument for your beliefs.
    Kiss my god's ass for 'salvation' or burn in hell.

However those are not the only two options.

In fact neither of those are options at all. Neither your god, nor heaven or hell exist.
    There is no 'eternal destination', just a cessation of existence.

The only things that matter are what we do in this existence because there is no other.

And in this existence you can do harm to other people by threatening them with imagined torments.

Which is what you, and those like you, do.

It's despicable, abhorrent, and evil. Your vile retches of holier-than-thou bile being vomited all over this forum
    are your pathetic last attempts to justify your wasted time and effort to a god and a religion that are based
    in fiction. And can no longer withstand scrutiny either factual or moral in today's more enlightened world.

Perhaps you would be more comfortable in the dark ages, for you have no place in today's world.

Take your threats and shove them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree