1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 15:475 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    All you have are your pathetic and abhorrent threats.
    That is your one sole argument for your beliefs.
    Kiss my god's ass for 'salvation' or burn in hell.

However those are not the only two options.

In fact neither of those are options at all. Neither your god, nor heaven or hell exist.
    There is no 'eternal destination', just a cessation of existenc ...[text shortened]... table in the dark ages, for you have no place in today's world.

Take your threats and shove them.
    "All you have are your pathetic and abhorrent threats.
    Kiss my god's ass for 'salvation' or burn in hell..."

googlefudge, it will continue to remain your personal choice as to whether you decide to be with God in heaven enjoying happiness forevermore or alternatively stand face to face before Him [at the Great White Throne Judgment at the conclusion of the Millennium] attempting to lodge an ineffective and hopeless appeal supported by a long list of good deeds you accomplished out of the purest motives possible while you were still alive on planet earth. There is no other option. There's still time for you to reconsider the remote possibility that googlefudge may be dead wrong in his present assessment of the reality of the existence of God and the reality of one of two personal home address for eternity........

"For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him." (John 3:17) "He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in [human] righteousness, but according to His mercy..." (Titus 3:5)
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 15:52
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No, the "singular issue" here is your inability to acknowledge that you could be wrong about any topic of spiritual substance. Your lame nod to being wrong once about the "pairs" of animals on Noah's ark included.
    "Sorry, divegeester, as you already know, for the foreseeable future you've forfeited the possibility of a reply from Boston Lad." ~Vivian (aka V7)
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 16:20
    Originally posted by JS357
    I don't have any malice toward you, I respect your personal choice and hope it is working for you in this life as much as you hope it works at the end.You typed in the thread title, I assume. I regard it as at least blind to consequences on your part, to mis-name a thread, in order to inject a dose of what to an impressionable mind, is IMO, emotional abuse, that ...[text shortened]... h of spiritual growth. You may be slowing me down and it might be best if I stop reading your posts.
    "Edit: I merely lack belief, and I am open to enlightenment, but not to fear, as a path of spiritual growth and hope it is working for you in this life as much as you hope it works at the end..."

And I respect yours as well. Yes, "it is working for you in this life as much as you hope" much more than you could possibly realize and know with absolute confidence know that "it [will work] at the end for all eternity..." JS, if you're genuinely "open" to several sources of biblical truth presented exegetically and categorically from the original languages in which the Word of God was written, please send a personal message at your convenience.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 16:211 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Does your refusal to issue an apology to JS stem from "personal volition" or "God the Holy Spirit"?
    Since there wasn't an "issue" to apologize for, No; rather the two of us our now exploring the possibility of private dialogue.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 16:32
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"All you have are your pathetic and abhorrent threats.
    Kiss my god's ass for 'salvation' or burn in hell..."

googlefudge, it will continue to remain your personal choice as to whether you decide to be with God in heaven enjoying happiness forevermore or ...[text shortened]... of deeds which we have done in [human] righteousness, but according to His mercy..." (Titus 3:5)[/b]
    What part of take your threats and shove them did you not understand?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 16:51
    What part of take your threats and shove them did you not understand?
    Man 1: "You might want to find a detour if you're going east. There's a big accident out on Route 30. You might not want to get tangled up in that mess. It may be hours before they get that cleaned up."

Man 2: "Are you threatening me, bub? Why, I oughtta... "
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 16:54
    "A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones who need the advice." -- Bill Cosby
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 17:071 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Man 1: "You might want to find a detour if you're going east. There's a big accident out on Route 30. You might not want to get tangled up in that mess. It may be hours before they get that cleaned up."

Man 1: "You might want to find a detour if you're going north, east, or west. There are big 7 headed, tiger eating, leprechaun over in those directions way made of Jammie Dodgers"

Man 2: Erm yeah ... well my business is in the east ... cya :/
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 17:281 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Man 1: "You might want to find a detour if you're going north, east, or west. There are big 7 headed, tiger eating, leprechaun over in those directions way made of Jammie Dodgers"

Man 2: Erm yeah ... well my business is in the east ... cya :/
    Well, that's kinda my point, too.

If you don't believe the consequences exist, then is it really a dire threat? I mean, one to get all worked up about? If Woody Allen came up to you and said he was going to "Knock your block off", would you quake in fear, or shrug him off with a laugh?

It's this reaction, coupled with the other side, a ridiculous overreaction to a well-intentioned warning, that just make us wonder "What's the big deal here?"

Don't get me wrong. I agree that fear is a horrible motivator. But let's reserve the word "fear" for something you're actually afraid of.
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 17:43
    Man 1: Don't take a left turn at the next junction. Certain death awaits you!

Woody Allen: I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 17:44

If you don't believe the consequences exist, then is it really a dire threat? I mean, one to get all worked up about? If Woody Allen came up to you and said he was going to "Knock your block off", would you quake in fear, or shrug him off with a laugh?

It's this reaction, coupled with the other side, a ridiculous ov ...[text shortened]... le motivator. But let's reserve the word "fear" for something you're actually afraid of.
    Woody Allen aside. it is attempted fear mongering, or at least its frequent use justifies that opinion. I can't look to GB or anyone as a guide or helper to spiritual enlightenment knowing the frequency of their use of it. It got in my way at 12 and that memory is not neutralized by such use. Do not its users consider it to be a (justified) dire threat?

Woody Allen, "Deconstructing Harry"

[Harry is in Hell]
    Harry's Father: Harry!
    Harry Block: Dad?
    Harry's Father: Get me out of here! This is terrible! You know I could never stand hot weather.
    Harry Block: [to demon leading his father in chains] What is he doing here?
    Demon: He's condemned to eternal suffering.
    Harry's father: Help me!
    Harry Block: I don't understand. I demand to know the charges.
    Demon: He behaved unconscionably toward his son. He accused the boy of committing a capital crime merely by being born.
    Harry's Father: "Your wife," they told me, "is dead, but your son is thriving." Why did he fight not to be born?
    Harry Block: Look, I forgive him. What's over is over. Let him go to Heaven, please!
    Harry's Father: I'm a Jew. We don't believe in Heaven.
    Harry Block: Where do you want to go?
    Harry's Father: To a Chinese restaurant.
    Harry Block: Take him to Joy Luck.

The Devil: Want me to turn up the air conditioning?
    Harry Block: What? You're air-conditioned here?
    The Devil: Sure! F***s up the ozone layer!

The Devil: You know, I've had a lot of jobs in your world.
    Harry Block: Really? Like what?
    The Devil: For two years I ran a Hollywood studio. But you can't trust those people.

End quotes

The idea of being born being a capital crime is essential Woody Allen.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 19:281 edit
    Woody Allen aside. it is attempted fear mongering, or at least its frequent use justifies that opinion. I can't look to GB or anyone as a guide or helper to spiritual enlightenment knowing the frequency of their use of it. It got in my way at 12 and that memory is not neutralized by such use. Do not its users consider it to be a (justified) dire threat? ...[text shortened]... people.

End quotes

The idea of being born being a capital crime is essential Woody Allen.
    Woody also said 'I don't want to obtain immortality through my works, I want to obtain immortality by not dying'🙂

Back to the subject at hand, it seems inevitable we will be tripling our lifespans eventually but I imagine not in century 21. Maybe century 23 or 24. There are only a billion things that screws up getting past 100. The latest is longer telemeres are implicated in increased risk for lung cancer. And there we were thinking lengthen those suckers and we double our lifespan right there.......
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 20:23

No, that's not even close to being a valid analogy.

Here is something more fitting.

Person 1: "hmmm, I've been looking around your place. it seems to have lots of valuable things in it,
    things that a less scrupulous person might want to steal. Hey I tell you what, to help you out I'm going to
    enrol you in our friendly neighbourhood watch program for a mere $200.00 a month so you don't have
    to worry about it.. ok."

Person 2: "hey, are you threatening me?, is this a protection racket?"

[audience answer] YES.

There, that's a better example.
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 20:31

It's this reaction, coupled with the other side, a ridiculous ov ...[text shortened]... le motivator. But let's reserve the word "fear" for something you're actually afraid of.
    You have evidently failed to either read or understand any of the hundred or so posts in which I
    explain exactly what the problem is.

First, it's a threat because YOU [and/or whoever is making the threat] believes it to be true.
    Regardless of whether it's actually true, or I/we believe it.

Second, Many atheists are deconverted theists [many ex-Christians] and they have had the fear of hell
    drilled into them by evil [expletive]'s like GB and their 'preachers' who constantly tell them that they are
    going to go to hell if they don't believe and worship their god properly and that fear is debilitating enough
    in some cases that they need therapy and other help to get over that fear even after becoming atheists.

Third, There is no god, JC probably didn't exists, and wasn't divine, preachers and believers do not hear
    the word of god. They hear the words of each other and the voices inside their own heads.
    And THAT is where this threat of hell comes from, it's not being passed on by a concerned fellow traveller,
    it's being made up by that person.

When you, or GB, or anyone else tell me that I [or anyone else] is going to go to hell if I don't repent.
    You/they are not passing on a message from god.
    You personally are threatening me.

The fact that I know the threat is empty doesn't change that fact.
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 20:33
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Woody also said 'I don't want to obtain immortality through my works, I want to obtain immortality by not dying'🙂

Back to the subject at hand, it seems inevitable we will be tripling our lifespans eventually but I imagine not in century 21. Maybe century 23 or 24. There are only a billion things that screws up getting past 100. The latest is longer tel ...[text shortened]... And there we were thinking lengthen those suckers and we double our lifespan right there.......
    Speak for yourself, I plan to live well into my tenth millennium. 😛 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree