1. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 22:12
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I can't hear you.
    Better watch out... The next step with continued abuse is going blind (and hairy palms, calluses, blisters, arthritis, etc.)
  2. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 23:17
    Originally posted by Penguin
    You can also cause damage to the foreskin. but all of this is true whether doing it alone or in company. But all this will heal up with a short period of abstinence (so I gather)

As to damage to the ears, I am struggling to imagine.

--- Penguin.
    In company? What does it matter if someone watches? 😉
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 23:21
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    In company? What does it matter if someone watches? 😉
    In company??? WTF? Good catch, I missed that part.
    I tell ya, the "whackin'" crowd is more "out there" than I imagined...
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 23:26
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Serious question: Is masterbation really a bad thing?

Edit: Decided to edit out the funny JW video link. PM me if you want it.
    It was thought that masturbation caused insanity, presumably because mentally deranged people might masturbate in public. Obviously this is a post hoc fallacy.

Catholics and JWs take a similarly damning view of masturbation. Obviously out of consistency, the Catholic Church condemns homosexual and contraceptive sex and, consequently, masturbation because these all frustrate the goal of sexual activity i.e. procreation.

But obviously these religious convictions come from a strongly internalised social shame about genitalia, sex and masturbation. For the same reason that many adolescents coming to terms with their new sexual identity may feel stigma initially. I don't know why anyone would think that masturbation would induce deafness though.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 23:34
    You can also cause damage to the foreskin. but all of this is true whether doing it alone or in company. But all this will heal up with a short period of abstinence (so I gather)

As to damage to the ears, I am struggling to imagine.

--- Penguin.
    I think they make a poltice for injuries sustained, or it can be soaked in isopropyl alcohol and it will heal. Maybe thats where the hearing damage comes from, the screaming while applying the healing stuff to the affected tissue.
  6. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 11:50
    Originally posted by CLL53
    In company??? WTF? Good catch, I missed that part.
    I tell ya, the "whackin'" crowd is more "out there" than I imagined...
    Well I was thinking of 2 consenting adults performing acts with and on each other but if your mind went straight to multiple partners and group situations and then I would imagine the same would apply. Deafness would not be a direct consequence.

--- Penguin.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 14:59
    Well I was thinking of 2 consenting adults performing acts with and on each other but if your mind went straight to multiple partners and group situations and then I would imagine the same would apply. Deafness would not be a direct consequence.

--- Penguin.
    I guess it depends on whether your partner is a 'screamer'. 😛
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 15:061 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Religions are anti pleasure, plain and simple. If you are getting some kind of pleasure out of anything physical, you are going against the so-called god.

Since we are born into sin, according to theists, we should be living a life of pain, unless of course you spend 24 hours a day praying to your non-existent god.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 15:36
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Religions are anti pleasure, plain and simple. If you are getting some kind of pleasure out of anything physical, you are going against the so-called god.

Since we are born into sin, according to theists, we should be living a life of pain, unless of course you spend 24 hours a day praying to your non-existent god.
    Not entirely. Read the Song of Solomon and tell me there isn't some serious lust going on. OK, so the prose is hopelessly outdated and you'd be laughed off your barstool if you used it today. But they wanted to get in each other's pants pretty badly nonetheless.

Having fun banging your wife isn't ruled out by the Bible, is it?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 22:37
    Not entirely. Read the Song of Solomon and tell me there isn't some serious lust going on. OK, so the prose is hopelessly outdated and you'd be laughed off your barstool if you used it today. But they wanted to get in each other's pants pretty badly nonetheless.

Having fun banging your wife isn't ruled out by the Bible, is it?
    I think the Biblical texts endorse frequent banging of the wife, provided that its your own wife, and kinda discourages spending time and money on the harlots.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 22:40
    Exactly. If either partner is a 'screamer' then there may be some serious sounds. I think the deafness factor comes into play per the decibels. Whack it, but watch that high note.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 22:56

Really? Never heard of the Bacchic rites?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 23:35
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    [b]Religions are anti pleasure, plain and simple. If you are getting some kind of pleasure out of anything physical, you are going against the so-called god.

Really? Never heard of the Bacchic rites?[/b]
    I am talking about the abrahamic religions.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 00:08
    I am talking about the abrahamic religions.
    I see, only Abrahamic religions are religions.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 00:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Serious question: Is masterbation really a bad thing?

Edit: Decided to edit out the funny JW video link. PM me if you want it.
    I'm surprised no one latched onto the obvious reply to the OP. Which was:

What? Sorry, you'll have to speak up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree