witchcraft

witchcraft

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
31 Aug 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter

I know what you are saying...sin is fun, that is why it is so enticing....but it leads to death and destruction....
Sin is culture-specific, wouldn't you agree. Why should someone brought up within a culture that tolerated promiscuity (say, pre-rugby Polynesia; or exogamic Etruria) give a hoot about your qualms? The destruction or irrevocable transformation of these cultures was brought about by external forces, not by their "sinfulness".

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
31 Aug 05

Of course it does...but there are more rewarding and exciting things in life than lust. You are thinking carnally not spiritually.

I know what you are saying...sin is fun, that is why it is so enticing....but it leads to death and destruction....

Odd, but since I was a child, I always enjoyed the smell of gasoline...I don't know why, it just has a pleasant smell, but I know that if I drink it, I die... 🙂
Then you must know you don't have enough faith to be giving your opinion on the word, be content with learning it and preach only the words that are in it.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
31 Aug 05

Of course it does...but there are more rewarding and exciting things in life than lust. You are thinking carnally not spiritually.

Odd, but since I was a child, I always enjoyed the smell of gasoline...I don't know why, it just has a pleasant smell, but I know that if I drink it, I die... 🙂
Ok, see if you can tempt me: what in particular is better than sex?

(apart from watching Wales beat England at rugby)

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
31 Aug 05

Originally posted by aardvarkhome

Watching Wales beat South Africa?

d

An' it harms none...

Moves
31 Aug 05

Originally posted by FreaKinGenius
what are the consiquences of witchcraft? do you go to hell or something? and is it like devilish stuff?
As rwingett pointed out there is no hell so no worries there. And no it's not devilish stuff.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
31 Aug 05

Originally posted by dags
As rwingett pointed out there is no hell so no worries there. And no it's not devilish stuff.
In this life, in any situation there are only ever two things to worry about.

When you wake in the morning there are only two things to worry about: Am I sick, or am I well? If you're well there's nothing to worry about.

If you're sick there are only two things to worry about: Will I live or will I die? If you're going to live there's nothing to worry about.

If you're going to die there are only two things to worry about: Will I go to heaven or will I go to hell? If you're going to heaven there's nothing to worry about.

If you're going to hell.....you'll be so busy meeting all your old friends you won't have time to worry (BOOM BOOM)

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
31 Aug 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Sin is culture-specific, wouldn't you agree. Why should someone brought up within a culture that tolerated promiscuity (say, pre-rugby Polynesia; or exogamic Etruria) give a hoot about your qualms? The destruction or irrevocable transformation of these cultures was brought about by external forces, not by their "sinfulness".
Bosse: "Sin is culture-specific, wouldn't you agree. ..."

Is disapproving of murder culture-specific ?
Is disapproving of theft culture-specific ?
Is disapproving of breaking a contract culture-specific ?

In other words: Are the above mentioned sins relative, culture-specific, or universal values ?

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
31 Aug 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe
Is disapproving of murder culture-specific ?
Is disapproving of theft culture-specific ?
Is disapproving of breaking a contract culture-specific ?

In other words: Are the above mentioned sins relative, culture-specific, or universal values ?
Review the cultural norms of ancient Sparta, Ivanhoe.

All of these things were permissible within that culture, as long as you didn't get
caught. Getting caught was the crime, not the act itself, because it indicated that
you weren't clever and thus worthy to be a Spartan.

Nemesio

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Aug 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
These are not my qualms, they are God's truth. And regardless of the culture, sin is sin.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Aug 05

Originally posted by aardvarkhome

Learning from our creator...knowing that He forgives and freeing me from guilt and condemnation...watching Him work in my life and the lives of others...allowing Him to work His power in me...giving me the high honor of serving Him and being His "hands"...showing me how to love with His love....the list goes on and on....and by the way, there is nothing wrong with sex when used as God intended...after all He invented it...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Aug 05

Originally posted by dags
There is a "hell" and hopefully you won't have to find out that there is.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Aug 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
Then you must know you don't have enough faith to be giving your opinion on the word, be content with learning it and preach only the words that are in it.
I am never satisfied with the amount of faith or believing I have....I am content with learning it, and I only preach the words in it, sometimes paraphrased so that even you could understand it.🙂

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
31 Aug 05

There is a "hell" and hopefully you won't have to find out that there is.
Hopefully you won't have to learn first hand either!

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
31 Aug 05

Having said that, I guess we are at an impasse here, for now. My belief is that anything apart from Christ is error, but I am not here to condemn you either. All I can suggest is that you keep an open mind. I have never studied Wicca, but have read a few testimonials about people that were involved with "spirit guides", mediums and the occult in genera ...[text shortened]... y were very happy to get away from it, and I am putting that mildly.
God be with you.......CB
Of course there is plenty of evidence to support that this abuse of people isn't just restricted to people following a wicca or pagan belief system. There are many other organisations around the world, that could fall into this catogory of, "people being happy to get away" some of which will be based on christainity. As the saying goes there are rotten apples in any barrell!

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
31 Aug 05

Originally posted by Jay Peatea
If you believe that god created the whole universe, and if you believe that witchcraft has power, then ulitimately that power could have only come from one source.
Perhaps I should expand this a little.

If you believe that people possess power which has come from Satan. You should ask the question where did Satan's power come from ?. If you believe that God created the whole universe, then the only option is that god must have created Satan too, and given him this power.

A logical continuation of this can go ......

That God being the creator of the universe, would have also created Jesus and gave him the same power too. Therefore you have two individuals both using Gods power but for different agendas. So is Gods power good or evil, Or maybe more like the knife neither good or evil itself, but able to cause good or evil depending on how it is used.