witchcraft

witchcraft

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Aug 05

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Hopefully you won't have to learn first hand either!
I know I won't...God cannot lie.🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Aug 05

Originally posted by Jay Peatea
Of course there is plenty of evidence to support that this abuse of people isn't just restricted to people following a wicca or pagan belief system. There are many other organisations around the world, that could fall into this catogory of, "people being happy to get away" some of which will be based on christainity. As the saying goes there are rotten apples in any barrell!
How true!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Aug 05

Perhaps I should expand this a little.

If you believe that people possess power which has come from Satan. You should ask the question where did Satan's power come from ?. If you believe that God created the whole universe, then the only option is that god must have created Satan too, and given him this power.

A logical continuation of this can go ...[text shortened]... e knife neither good or evil itself, but able to cause good or evil depending on how it is used.
God gave Satan power, yes. But when he created him, he was made with free will. And my belief is that this worked great for awhile, but then as the bible states, iniquity was found in him. He rebelled, etc.,
But God did not give him authority over the earth....Adam did.

Satan has power over the weather, etc., as you have heard in the New Orleans area...this authority was given him by Adam.

Luke 4:6
6 And the devil said to Him, "All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.
(NKJ)

Jesus did not argue....

Once a person receives Jesus Christ, as Lord....then that person has a new Lord....before that, Satan was his Lord, like it or not, knowing or not.
Once a person understands this, most readily turn to Jesus.

1 Cor 2:8
8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
(NKJ)

The rulers here, are Satan and his host of demons.

Once you become a Christian, Satan no longer has power over him, except what the individual allows, usually through ignorance of the scriptures.

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
01 Sep 05
1 edit

Originally posted by checkbaiter
God gave Satan power, yes. But when he created him, he was made with free will.
Yes then taken to a logical conclusion, gods power is not good nor evil, it depends on the persons who is wielding it or that persons free will. Therefore any power that supposed to come from the wiccan religion regardless of good or evil would have ultimately come from god.

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
01 Sep 05

Satan has power over the weather, etc., as you have heard in the New Orleans area...this authority was given him by Adam.

Come now these floods caused by the tornado are more a product of global warming, that both you and I and everybody else past & present on this planet has cause by our continual polution to the environment.
What proof do you have that Satan caused it ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Sep 05

Yes then taken to a logical conclusion, gods power is not good nor evil, it depends on the persons who is wielding it or that persons free will. Therefore any power that supposed to come from the wiccan religion regardless of good or evil would have ultimately come from god.
No, I disagree. God only does Good. And no, any power derived from the Wiccan religion was not given by God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Sep 05

Come now these floods caused by the tornado are more a product of global warming, that both you and I and everybody else past & present on this planet has cause by our continual polution to the environment.
What proof do you have that Satan caused it ?
Again I disagree, Global warming, while it may exist, and I am learning more and more on the subject, is not caused by man. And man cannot fix it either. Scientists agree that the sun is getting warmer. There are forces outside of mankind's control going on here.

I do not have the time to go into the details of proof. Mine is all biblical. Read carefully the verses I quoted earlier. But if you do not believe the bible is genuine, read it anyway, then look at the signs around you.

Read what Hal Linsey has to say about the times we live in, what the "old" bible says and then decide.....http://www.hallindseyoracle.com/

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
01 Sep 05

I know I won't...God cannot lie.🙂
You're deluding yourself if you think you know that you won't. You think you won't, but you might be wrong.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
01 Sep 05

Again I disagree, Global warming, while it may exist, and I am learning more and more on the subject, is not caused by man. And man cannot fix it either. Scientists agree that the sun is getting warmer. There are forces outside of mankind's control going on here.

I do not have the time to go into the details of proof. Mine is all biblical. Read care ...[text shortened]... mes we live in, what the "old" bible says and then decide.....http://www.hallindseyoracle.com/
You think global warming is caused by the Sun getting hotter?! LOL!

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
01 Sep 05

No, I disagree. God only does Good. And no, any power derived from the Wiccan religion was not given by God.
Personally I don't see how you can disagree, if believe that god created entire universe, where else could this power have come from ?

m
Sinner

Where I belong

Moves
01 Sep 05

So does anyone know how to put an actual curse on a person/people or not.

d

An' it harms none...

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by mokko
So does anyone know how to put an actual curse on a person/people or not.
Most practicing witches do, but it's wrong for us to do so. It would be like a christian breaking one of their 10 commandments. Wiccans have one rule (the Rede), which doesn't allow for malicious spells.

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
01 Sep 05

I do not have the time to go into the details of proof. Mine is all biblical. Read care ...[text shortened]... mes we live in, what the "old" bible says and then decide.....http://www.hallindseyoracle.com/
There has always been some form of climate change on the earth, the scientific evidence supports that the world has heated up & cooled down many times (ice ages etc..). However what we are seeing nowadays is this change is at an increased rate. Polution and enviromental damage cause by man has effected our weather, to the point that we are reaping what we & others before us have sown.

I think we should agree to disagree here. Whilst I remain neutral on the issue of gods existence. I can't accept the biblical version to be completely true account. By this I mean I can accept some of the ethical lessons to be valid & useful & that some of the characters actually existed. However I don't believe the events to be a completely accurate account of what actually happened, neither do I believe the biblical interpretation of God or his "way" to be right.
🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Sep 05

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
You're deluding yourself if you think you know that you won't. You think you won't, but you might be wrong.
Personally I have already proved to myself that God is real, that I am his son, and I am reassured by the Lord Himself....how? I would not even attempt to explain, but it involves many things...healing, answered prayer, and many, many things over many years, so that He has left no doubt in my mind...This is something avaliable to anyone, I am not special nor unique...there are countless Christians who will tell you the same.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Sep 05

Personally I don't see how you can disagree, if believe that god created entire universe, where else could this power have come from ?
Where else?...satan.