witchcraft

witchcraft

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L

Moves
29 Aug 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
All I can say for now to all you scoffers....the supernatural, ie., witchcraft, ouiji boards, is way to invite demonic influence into your life. You are literally inviting them in...so with this warning that you will not believe anyway, and is probably an insult to your "superior" intellect...go ahead....enjoy!
the supernatural, ie., witchcraft, ouiji boards,

are you equating the supernatural with witchcraft and ouiji boards? in that case, how long have you yourself been practicing witchcraft, and why haven't you been burned at the stake yet? what is your belief in god, if not a belief in the supernatural?

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
29 Aug 05
1 edit

Originally posted by FreaKinGenius
what are the consiquences of witchcraft? do you go to hell or something? and is it like devilish stuff?
What is your definition of witchcraft? If you would like a comprehensive study of the subject, I would recommend "Occult ABC" by Dr Kurt E. Koch.

S

Moves
29 Aug 05

A little clarification here I suggest:

The Ouija board was first introduced to the American public in 1890 as a parlor game sold in novelty shops.

E.C. Reiche, Elijah Bond, and Charles Kennard created an all new alphanumeric design. They spread the letters of the alphabet in twin arcs across the middle of the board. Below the letters were the numbers one to ten. In the corners were "YES" and "NO."

Kennard called the new board Ouija (pronounced 'wE-ja) after the Egyptian word for good luck. Ouija is not really Egyptian for good luck, but since the board reportedly told him it was during a session, the name stuck. Kennard lost his company and it was taken over by his former foreman, William Fuld, in 1892.

One of William Fuld's first public relations gimmicks, as master of his new company, was to reinvent the history of the Ouija board. He said that he himself had invented the board and that the name Ouija was a fusion of the French word "oui" for yes, and the German "ja" for yes.

-Source from http://skepdic.com/ouija.html

The patents were then purchased in 1966 by The Parker Brothers of Salem, Massachussetts. Who you will know from many popular board games and who then continued to produce the boards in large numbers. The spiritual attachment that Ouija boards are credited with today has never had any support in terms of scientific analysis and is in my mind a good example of the power of mass suggestion and cultural expectations. The origins of the boards are less well known nowadays and most people think they are something to do with Voodoo or witchcraft, but neither is true. They are basically an example of a confidence trick, people want them to work so subconsciously they cause them to work, there is no supernatural connection there. Parker Bros should be congratulated for creating a product which does nothing and making a huge amount of money from it.

d

Moves
29 Aug 05

Originally posted by KneverKnight
I will be visiting that random collection of crap you call a city tomorrow, leaving here TWO hours early to ingest more fumes in the traffic jams.
What a hole.
You love it, KK. ๐Ÿ™‚

Zellulรคrer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
29 Aug 05

(Note spelling: ouija , not ouiji , which is almost as irritating as Dali Lama for Dalai Lama.)

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Aug 05

Originally posted by rwingett
Demonic influence? Do you ever come back to an old thread and re-read your own posts? Have you ever gotten the inmpression that you need shock therapy, or something? You see, when you start babbling on about "demonic influence", that's usually a sure clue that something ain't working right in that head of your's. In case you missed the last few centuries, checkbaiter, this is the 21st century now.
Couldn't have said it better myself, except I would have taken
about three times the words๐Ÿ˜‰

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
29 Aug 05

Originally posted by FreaKinGenius
what are the consiquences of witchcraft? do you go to hell or something? and is it like devilish stuff?
This is how you go to hell if you are not save by Jesus.

M

Moves
29 Aug 05

Originally posted by RBHILL
This is how you go to hell if you are not save by Jesus.
"Save by Jesus"?

That's something a goaltender does when faced with a breakaway, or a relief pitcher does in the ninth inning. Lots of that stuff at Walmart too.

Spiritual realization is much more than buying shares in Jesus' Big Company and then riding the stocks to heaven. It's not that simplistic, anymore than the notion that one crashes to hell as one's stock falls because they sold out on Jesus.

Whether Pagan, Buddhist, Jew, Christian, Hindu, Muslim, or Taoist, you get to your version of "heaven" by living a life of wisdom and goodness. You have to live it, though, that is, you have to demonstrate wisdom and goodness daily. No Jesus Investment will automatically ensure that, anymore than walking a non-Christian spiritual path will ensure you a ticket to some lake of fire tended to by fat pitchforked Martha Stewarts.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Aug 05

Originally posted by rwingett
Demonic influence? Do you ever come back to an old thread and re-read your own posts? Have you ever gotten the inmpression that you need shock therapy, or something? You see, when you start babbling on about "demonic influence", that's usually a sure clue that something ain't working right in that head of your's. In case you missed the last few centuries, checkbaiter, this is the 21st century now.
I don't care what century it is....Satan and his demons don't either. And I mix witchcraft, uoiji boards and the rest in one term...The Occult.
The problem with you "natural" people who reject God and His mercy, is you have no understanding of how demons and the rest of the spirit world operate.
John 10:10
10 "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
(NKJ)

The "thief" is Satan and his demons.

2 Cor 2:11
11 lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.
(NKJ)

And as for you ...here is what the bible claims...

1 Cor 14:37-38
37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord.
38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.
(NKJ)

๐Ÿ˜‰

M

Moves
29 Aug 05

"Occult" simply means "hidden", "concealed", from the Latin term occulere (to hide). It does not imply anything "bad". That is a common misconception. There is even an astronomical term -- "occultation" -- that is directly related to this word. An "occultation" occurs when one planet moves in front of another, blocking its view, thus "concealing" it. The fact that the planet is now concealed from view does not make it "evil".

Christianity during the first two centuries AD was technically an occult religion, because it was largely concealed from Roman authorities in order to avoid persecution.

The Gnostic/Hermetic faiths became occult round about the 4th century AD, after the Council of Nicaea, because they were forcibly "concealed" by being declared heretical. Prior to then they were openly available, and Christianity had been the concealed (occult) faith.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
29 Aug 05

Originally posted by kirksey957
Ivanhoe, I have strongly encouraged a fundamentalist woman I work with to befriend some wiccans that she goes to school with. I did this with the encouragement to learn as much as she could about people different from her and let that be a good example for them as they may want to know more about her.
You do not advise people to engage in withcraft, now do you ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Aug 05

Originally posted by Metamorphosis
"Occult" simply means "hidden", "concealed", from the Latin term occulere (to hide). It does not imply anything "bad". That is a common misconception. There is even an astronomical term -- "occultation" -- that is directly related to this word. An "occultation" occurs when one planet moves in front of another, blocking its view, thus ...[text shortened]... rior to then they were openly available, and Christianity had been the concealed (occult) faith.
Ok, but generally when someone mentions the occult, "hidden" is not what comes to mind...but for your sake, here are a couple sections in the bible..

2 Chr 33:6
6 Also he caused his sons to pass through the fire in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom; he practiced soothsaying, used witchcraft and sorcery, and consulted mediums and spiritists. He did much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke Him to anger.
(NKJ)

So, "soothsaying", witchcraft", "sorcery" and "mediums" are not pleasing to God...you can do a bible study on these words and find they involve "spirits", etc....and much more...

Acts 19:
19 Also, many of those who had practiced magic brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they counted up the value of them, and it totaled fifty thousand pieces of silver.
20 So the word of the Lord grew mightily and prevailed.
(NKJ)

When these practises were stopped, the Word of the Lord grew....etc.

It's not rocket science. Even a little bible study reveals the source of these practises....satan and his demons.....
Does satan have influence over the world?...God thinks so....

I Jn 5:19
19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.
(NKJ)

๐Ÿ™‚

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
29 Aug 05
1 edit

Ok, but generally when someone mentions the occult, "hidden" is not what comes to mind...but for your sake, here are a couple sections in the bible..

2 Chr 33:6
6 Also he caused his sons to pass through the fire in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom; he practiced soothsaying, used witchcraft and sorcery, and consulted mediums and spiritists. He did mu ...[text shortened]... know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.
(NKJ)

๐Ÿ™‚
A knife can be used to chop up food & help prepare a meal so that a person can feed themselves thus sustaning life, on the other hand it can be used to slit a throat thus ending life. The knife itself is not good nor evil, it is just a knife.

Religion is like the knife.

If I said to you that Christainity can open your door to evilness. And then give you examples of such as the deaths & destruction caused by the crusades, or of the many catholic priests that have abused young children, you would accuse me of tarring everybody with the same brush.

I could say the same thing to you about witchcraft.

There is only one rule/commandment in the Wiccan religion which is

an it harm none do what you will

Which is a perfectly ethical motto to live ones life by.
๐Ÿ˜‰

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Aug 05

Originally posted by Jay Peatea
A knife can be used to chop up food & help prepare a meal so that a person can feed themselves thus sustaning life, on the other hand it can be used to slit a throat thus ending life. The knife itself is not good nor evil, it is just a knife.

Religion is like the knife.

If I said to you that Christainity can open your door to evilness. And then gi ...[text shortened]... t harm none do what you will

Which is a perfectly ethical motto to live ones life by.
๐Ÿ˜‰[/b]
I understand what you are saying and you make a perfectly good point......but...(you knew it was coming, right?)...
Is there not power involved in Wicca, witchcraft, etc.?

What I am trying to point out is that, that power, if you will, is not from God...

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
29 Aug 05

I understand what you are saying and you make a perfectly good point......but...(you knew it was coming, right?)...
Is there not power involved in Wicca, witchcraft, etc.?

What I am trying to point out is that, that power, if you will, is not from God...
If you believe that god created the whole universe, and if you believe that witchcraft has power, then ulitimately that power could have only come from one source.