Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Now there's a premise I don't accept. 🙂
    Yes I know the figure is way too high. It should be a lot less. 🙂
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '17 19:011 edit
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Yes, are you going to share your references or not?
    No. I have been reading books for almost fifty years. I am not going to start suggesting books for you to read and people for you to talk to etc. Believe what you want. If you don't accept my take on it, don't worry about it.

What is this "atheist Bible" you asked me about?
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 May '17 19:03
    Yes I know the figure is way too high. It should be a lot less. 🙂
    Where'd you get that number in the first place? (Other than pulling it from your own arse...)
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 May '17 19:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. I have been reading books for almost fifty years. I am not going to start suggesting book for you to read and people for you to talks to etc. Believe what you want. If you don't accept my take on it, don't worry about it.

What is this "atheist Bible" you asked me about?
    You made this claim:

"Nothing was written about Jesus during the time of Jesus. What was written was written decades later by people trying to establish a post-Jewish cult of personality and that is what your "many historians" have written about."

I am asking you for a reference to back it up. Do you have one? Yes or No?
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 May '17 19:091 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Where'd you get that number in the first place? (Other than pulling it from your own arse...)
    Here are two questions for you to answer: First, do you know the combined weight of all the sand on all the beaches of Hawaii?
    We can safely assume that you don't. This brings us to the second question: Do you know how many hairs are on the back of a fully-grown male Tibetan yak?
    Probably not. It is therefore reasonable to conclude that there are some things that you don't know. It is important to ask these questions because there are some people who think they know everything.
    Let's say that you know an incredible one percent of all the knowledge in the universe. To know 100 percent, you would have to know everything. There wouldn't be a rock in the universe that you would not be intimately familiar with, or a grain of sand that you would not be aware of. You would know everything that has happened in history, from that which is common knowledge to the minor details of the secret love life of Napoleon's great-grandmother's black cat's fleas. You would know every hair of every head, and every thought of every heart. All history would be laid out before you, because you would be omniscient (all-knowing).
    Bear in mind that one of the greatest scientists who ever lived, Thomas Edison, said, "We do not know a millionth of one percent about anything." Let me repeat: Let's say that you have an incredible one percent of all the knowledge in the universe. Would it be possible, in the ninety-nine percent of the knowledge that you haven't yet come across, that there might be ample evidence to prove the existence of God?

https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/89w6m/a_letter_my_mother_gave_me_to_argue_against_my/
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '17 19:09
    You made this claim:

"Nothing was written about Jesus during the time of Jesus. What was written was written decades later by people trying to establish a post-Jewish cult of personality and that is what your "many historians" have written about."

I am asking you for a reference to back it up. Do you have one? Yes or No?
    I am not going to go off and find one no. I don't think what I have said is particularly controversial but if you don't like it, that's OK.

So you believe that the gospels were written by people who attended the crucifixion?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '17 19:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '17 19:13
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem to Fetchmyjunk
    You've been spam bombed with a long copy paste.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '17 19:22
    Could you give me some references? Let me guess, from the atheist Bible?
    I just looked "the atheist Bible" up. It exists! It's an actual thing. I'd never heard of it.
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 May '17 20:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    You've been spam bombed with a long copy paste.
    Maybe it's best that he borrows some arguments. Needs all the help he can get.
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 May '17 20:10
    Here are two questions for you to answer: First, do you know the combined weight of all the sand on all the beaches of Hawaii?
    We can safely assume that you don't. This brings us to the second question: Do you know how many hairs are on the back of a fully-grown male Tibetan yak?
    Probably not. It is therefore reasonable to conclude that there are some ...[text shortened]...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/89w6m/a_letter_my_mother_gave_me_to_argue_against_my/
    Ok, that gets you to 1 million. Still three orders of magnitude to go. Better keep Googling!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree