1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Nov '19 06:352 edits
    Dariusz,

I have recently learned that the woman who established a rallying point for videos like you posted has since turned to witchcraft.

Did you know that? What a disappointment to her followers.

I also learned that the person who did the second video had to be kicked off of that Discussion Board dedicated to criticizing the local churches. Apparently he was too unruly to even get along with his fellow critics.

Dariusz, how much should you trust a person who is an evangelical Christian complaining about being in a Christian "cult" in one moment and in the next turns to practice witchcraft?

Instagram activity has revealed that the critic of the Lord's recovery has turned to witchcraft after being a rallying point for videos such as you submitted.

Come out from hiding and explain here why this is so. From disgruntled Christian to witch??
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Nov '19 06:44
    @sonship said
    Dariusz, how much should you trust a person who is an evangelical Christian complaining about being in a Christian "cult" in one moment and in the next turns to practice witchcraft?
    Instagram activity has revealed that the critic of the Lord's recovery has turned to witchcraft after being a rallying point for videos such as you submitted.

Come out from hiding and explain here why this is so. From disgruntled Christian to witch??
    Sonship I believe that your church, the Local Churches, is a cult and that members such as yourself are not permitted to disagree with stated doctrine.

Here’s my question to you for the fifth time in this thread:

Sonship

On your church’s website, in the statement of beliefs section, it states that a person MUST accept the trinity doctrine in order to be saved.

Do you agree with what your church has published in this regard?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '19 06:46
    @sonship said
    I have recently learned that the woman who established a rallying point for videos like you posted has since turned to witchcraft.
    Who did you "learn" this from?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Nov '19 13:573 edits
    @FMF

I learned it from people I know who dedicate a lot of time to research what is being written against Witness Lee or the local churches. That is part of their responsibility.

As best as they can they keep track of who is saying what somewhere in cyberspace. Just to be familiar with these things.

Hardly a big mystery.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Nov '19 20:461 edit
    Dariusz,

Ths person's testimony about their local church experience included these words -

I began to become clear on the truth in the Word, including the truth concerning the church. I became clear from the Word that there is just one Body of Christ and as long as you are regenerated you are a part of this Body!

Whether you meet with the local church or a denomination, you are in the one Body of Christ. Once you are regenerated your salvation is eternal and you are always a member of the Body. When we sin, there is the blood of Jesus!

See Testimony by, Katie Higashi. from
    https://livingtohim.com/2019/10/coming-into-church-life-studying-ftta-serving-students/

Now I ask you again. Did Witness Lee insist that only congregations that read and studied his books, listened to his messages, and coordinated with him could be considered genuine local churches?

Come out, come out wherever you are!
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '19 22:27
    @sonship said
    I learned it from people I know who dedicate a lot of time to research what is being written against Witness Lee or the local churches.
    You mean you "learned" it from people on the internet who are seeking to discredit the person you disagree with it?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '19 22:33
    I |learned" from some people on the internet that Hillary Clinton was a central figure in a paedophile ring run out of a pizza parlour in Washington DC. What a very, very, very bad person she must be.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Nov '19 23:132 edits
    A Testimony of Wayne Kusumo
    The Bible is an Open Book to Me

I would like to give a brief testimony about how the ministry of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee has opened up the Bible to me. As an engineer, it is difficult for me to receive anything if it is not logical and not practical. The ministry given by Watchman Nee and Witness Lee is a ministry which is deep in thought, and which is applicable to the daily life. I have known this ministry for many years, and have received much benefit from it.

I found out that without the Bible, God is mysterious. It is through the Bible that God reveals Himself to us. However, the Bible needs to be properly interpreted to be understood rightly. The ministry of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee has opened up God's heart's desire as revealed in the Bible to me. It has also shown the way God carries out His plan. Through this ministry I have come to see that God's plan can be seen in every book of the Bible, from the creation of the universe in Genesis to the coming down of the New Jerusalem in Revelation. By knowing God's plan, His economy, the Bible that was seemingly written by many authors with various backgrounds at different times becomes a single book with God Himself as the author conveying His divine revelation. The vision presented by this ministry is high and deep, yet I have found it applicable to my daily Christian life.

I do thank the Lord that I have been brought into such a ministry, and I do hope that many of His chosen ones will come to know His heart's desire as revealed in the Bible.

Wayne Kusumo
    (Irvine, USA)

https://www.localchurches.org/testimonies/bible-open-book/

A Testimony of Paul Bixbie
    The Best Environment on Earth

I have been enjoying the meetings of the local church for the past eleven to twelve years, and, like the man in First Corinthians 14:25, I have to declare (in reference to the local church) “Indeed God is among you.” I was first met the Christians meeting as the local church in 1987 when I was a graduate student. At that time in my life I was a Catholic with a fresh seeking to know the Bible. The brothers warmly received me into their fellowship as I attended and participated in their weekly Bible study. Although I received much help in understanding the Bible, my testimony of the church here is regarding the guileless and faithful care that led me to the living Person of Christ time and time again. I discovered that it is one thing to “search the Scriptures,” but it is quite a different thing to “come to the Lord in the Scriptures that you may have life (John 5:40).” And life, Christ Himself as the divine life, is what I got!

Since I began meeting with the local church, my knowledge of and my love for the Lord and His heart's desire have soared. As the Psalmist (Psalms 119:147-148) I anticipate the dawn each day to touch the Lord in prayer to give the first part, the best part, of the day to Him. Moreover, my experience in the church has given me not only a love for the gospel but also much boldness to participate in the gospel. It is the greatest privilege in the universe to have a share in the dispensing of God into people for the building up of the Body of Christ.

It has been said that once a person has seen Christ he can never take the same way, but must take a different way. My experience of Christ in the local church has certainly caused me to take a different way. After spending time with the Lord, the attraction of the world has faded and so have my worldly pursuits. I have received a kind of soberness in my living that only can come from the inward knowledge that Christ is coming again soon for us to behold face to face and to render an account. Having received the free gift of God (eternal life) perhaps 30 years ago, I now stretch forward to gain the prize that is the overcomer's reward at the Lord's return. Certainly this was the apostle Paul's aspiration. He wrote, “Brothers, I do not account of myself to have laid hold; but one thing I do: forgetting the things which are behind and stretching forward to the things which are before, I pursue toward the goal for the prize... (Philippians 3:13-14).” The local church provides what I have found to be the best environment on earth to foster the growth of the Christian life.

Paul Bixby

https://www.localchurches.org/testimonies/best-environment-earth/
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Nov '19 23:231 edit
    A Testimony of Gary Evans
    Rescued from an Errant Generation

I received Christ as my Savior by reading the Bible in my bedroom at the age of twelve. Though my family soon quit attending church due to family problems, my heart was still inclined toward God. I became very active in the Lay Witness Mission movement in the Methodist denomination, and also became president of the youth fellowship group. Regrettably the lure of secular youth movements in the 60's and early 70's had their effect on me, making me more a lover of the world than of God. I found myself increasingly rebellious and involved in the evil trends of that generation. My schoolwork declined, as did my relationship with family members. At times, my physical well-being was endangered due to evil companions. Within my heart I knew that I was a prodigal son, and I felt helpless in restoring my walk with Christ.

How I thank the Lord that He gave a fellow high-schooler the courage to invite me to a meeting of the local church in Houston! During that meeting I heard the Bible taught both faithfully and uncompromisingly. After the meeting, even though I was distastefully dressed, I was warmly greeted by all, and received numerous dinner invitations. Both the love and the biblical truth that I found there helped restore my walk with my Savior, Jesus Christ. I was shepherded both spiritually and humanly. I learned how to apply myself in school and to respect authority. Some of the believers there spent time to tutor me, and as a result, I became almost a straight “A” student. I went on to receive a B.S. and Master's degree from the University of Texas while remaining active in the local church in Austin. I taught public school for twelve years and was a principal of a Christian school for three years. As of today, I have been happily married for 24 years and have three teen-aged children who love Christ, are active in the church, and are all college-bound. At present, I am an editor, author, and host of a daily radio program. After 30 years in the local church, I have received nothing but good, both spiritually and humanly.

Gary W. Evans
    (Omaha, USA)

https://www.localchurches.org/testimonies/rescued-from-errant-generation/

A Testimony of Danny Chan
    Finding Christ to be the Most Enjoyable One of All

I believe that my experience is somewhat similar to many others who grew up in Christian families. I grew up in a family with a Christian background tracing back five generations. My mother would tell us Bible stories as bedtime stories since I was little. But even while we were very young, my mother would continually remind my brother and me that salvation is a personal decision. Just because my parents were saved did not mean that we were too. So when I was in the seventh grade and attending a gospel meeting at my school, I remember the speaker telling us that Christ loves each one of us and that He died on the cross for us. Since I grew up going to Sunday school, that wasn't anything new to me; however, this time was different. It must have been the work of the Holy Spirit, because deep inside my being I had such a strong yearning to choose Him and accept Him as my personal Savior. So I stood up and walked to the front of the hall in front of all my friends. That marked the beginning of my Christian journey.

My parents sent my brother and me to a boarding school the following year, so I learned to be independent at an early age. However, I never really sought the Lord until my second year in college when I began to realize an emptiness from deep within still existed. At the same time, I met a group of Christians on campus and I began to have fellowship with them. Through such fellowship, I began to become more seeking. I started having more personal time with the Lord and my prayer life was strengthened. During my time with that group, there was one thing that I would constantly struggle with, and that was discipline. They were a very discipline oriented group of believers and I constantly struggled to find the balance between the desire to simply love the Lord and the need to be more disciplined. Many of my questions were often unanswered. One verse that often puzzled me was John 15:5, in which the Lord says, “I am the vine; you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing.” I found that the Christian life was one full of self-struggles to be perfect and holy. My brother at that time had already been meeting with the believers in the local churches for quite some time. He would often invite me to their meetings and I did find that their meetings were so much more enjoyable.

I came in contact with the local church again when I was visiting my parents in Vancouver. At that time, my mother had just started meeting with the believers from the local church in Vancouver. Since I had to drive her to the meetings, I ended up staying with her during the meetings. I began to find the Lord to be more enjoyable than I ever had before and that meeting with these believers in Christ was a great joy. I began reading materials from the ministry of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee. The first book that I read was a biography entitled Watchman Nee: A Seer of the Divine Revelation in the Present Age. At first I was reading the book in hope of finding out more about Watchman Nee and the local church. However, as I read the book each time, I found that my love for the Lord was stirred up and my faith was strengthened. At that time, I remembered a brother in Christ once told me that the way to know whether a ministry is good or not is whether or not it brings you closer to the Lord. I can testify that this ministry certainly does.

In July the next year, I attended a semi-annual Life-study video conference that lasted for about a week. The Life-studies are a book-by-book study of the Bible with the emphasis on God as life to be man's supply. The books that we studied that summer were Joshua, Judges, and Ruth. The conference was truly an eye-opening experience. I had never seen the Bible opened up in such a way. I realized for the first time that the Old Testament is full of meaning and that our Christian life has a purpose. Our salvation is not just a ticket for us to go to heaven when we die, but to gain Christ (Philippians 3:8) as our all-inclusive supply. From the conference, I saw that Joshua was, in typology, a type of Christ, fighting to bring us into the good land, which is also just a type of Christ. Just as the good land was a land of milk and honey to the Isrealites, so our Christ should be in our daily experience. We can enjoy His goodness and sweetness every time we come to Him for supply. In addition, that piece of land is good in its spaciousness. This signifies that with our Christ there is also no limit. Also in the good land are the fig trees. Judges 9:11 tells us that the fig tree represents sweetness and good fruit. Actually, that speaks of the sweetness and satisfaction of Christ as our supply. All these things are for us to experience. Oh, how I praise the Lord that He is the all-inclusive good land for us to enjoy.

https://www.localchurches.org/testimonies/finding-christ-be-most-enjoyable-one-all/
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '19 23:26
    @sonship said
    A Testimony of Gary Evans
    Rescued from an Errant Generation

I received Christ as my Savior by reading the Bible in my bedroom at the age of twelve. Though my family soon quit attending church due to family problems, my heart was still inclined toward God. I became very active in the Lay Witness Mission movement in the Methodist denomination, and also beca ...[text shortened]... njoy.

https://www.localchurches.org/testimonies/finding-christ-be-most-enjoyable-one-all/
    Do you plan to post any testimonies by people you disagree with or are you in cult shill spam bomb mode only?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 00:24
    @FMF

Here's a little something to keep you entertained.

Former Atheist Who 'Mocked' Jesus Now Teaches at Christian Seminary: 'The Gospel Has...Changed My Life'

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2019/october/former-atheist-who-mocked-jesus-now-teaches-at-christian-seminary-the-gospel-has-hellip-changed-my-life

Sample - read more.
    Once an atheist who openly made fun of Christianity, Dr. Hongyi Yang is now a highly educated professor at a seminary in Texas.

Today, Yang serves as an assistant professor of systematic theology in the women’s studies program at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, according to a recent column she penned for Baptist Press.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    85-year-old Atheist Bill Hayden Explains Why He Converted to Christianity
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Former Atheist Anthony Hopkins Reveals Encounter That Led Hi
    -----------------------------------------------------------

“I was an atheist at that time,” the professor wrote of when she first came to Texas. “I believed that there was no God who could save us and that we must strive for success by our own ability, diligence and luck.”

When Yang found herself in the Lone Star state, though, all that changed. Suddenly, she recalled, she was “surrounded by Christians and churches” — a cultural shock that sparked a level of “contempt,” she admitted, toward Christianity.

“I also mocked Christianity,” she wrote. “I thought it is so humiliating to worship a God who was crucified on a cross. This is exactly what 1 Corinthians says, that ‘a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him.’ (1 Corinthians 2:14). I was actually the foolish one.”
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 01:311 edit
    @sonship said
    Sonship I believe that your church, the Local Churches, is a cult and that members such as yourself are not permitted to disagree with stated doctrine.

Here’s my question to you for the fifth time in this thread:

Sonship

On your church’s website, in the statement of beliefs section, it states that a person MUST accept the trinity doctrine in order to be saved.

Do you agree with what your church has published in this regard?

6th time of asking in this thread alone 🙂
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 01:44
    @sonship said
    @FMF

I don't think expressing disagreement or having different beliefs from you is "mocking" anything or anyone.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 01:46
    @sonship said
    Once an atheist who openly made fun of Christianity, Dr. Hongyi Yang is now a highly educated professor at a seminary in Texas.
    I have never "made fun of Christianity".
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 01:49
    @sonship said
    @FMF

I learned it from people I know who dedicate a lot of time to research what is being written against Witness Lee or the local churches. That is part of their responsibility.
    Just to be clear, what you are saying is you "learned" it from people on the internet who are seeking to discredit the person you disagree with, right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree