1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 10:281 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Again, scripture makes clear that to be a 'partaker of the divine nature' doesn't mean becoming God yourself, it means merely that the characteristics of God’s nature become yours, through His creating work in you.

I have already written about the non-cumminicable attributes of God remaining forever solely His own. But to live Christ is to live God dispensed into us.

"For me to live is Christ ... " (Phil. 1:21)

"When Christ our life is manifested, then you also will be manifested with Him in glory." (Col. 3:4)

" ... and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me ..." (Gal. 2:20)

In a true sense for Christ to fill our being is to live God and for God to become our living. What could be more subjective to a person then his life?

Anyway, to be a "teacher" of the New Testament as an atheist is 100% unreliable as to leading people to reality. And that's what you are doing. How can a supposed teacher of the new covenant arrive at the conclusion that God does not exist? That is a doctrine of demons.

You are being used by the forces of darkness to oppose the living God. I'm certain of it.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 10:33
    @sonship said
    You are being used by the forces of darkness to oppose the living God. I'm certain of it.
    So, you think Ghost of a Duke is "being used by the forces of darkness"?

I wonder. Do you want him to stop posting stuff you disagree with?

Or do you support and respect him for posting stuff on this forum even if you disagree with it?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 10:581 edit
    @FMF

Or do you support and respect him for posting stuff on this forum even if you disagree with it?

It is sometimes useful in church history that the background of error all the more causes the relief of true teaching to stand out more clearly.

So in that sense, there is under God's providence, an opportunity, to by contrast, show the truth of the Gospel.

"In Him was life. And the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it." (John 1:4,5)

Your next question will probably be about whether I am perfect as a teacher.
    No.

But I am not coming as a New Testament teacher passing off Atheism.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 11:03
    @sonship said
    @FMF

It is sometimes useful in church history that the background of error all the more causes the relief of tru ...[text shortened]... m perfect as a teacher.
    No.

But I am not coming as a New Testament teacher passing off Atheism.
    If you actually think Ghost of a Duke is "being used by the forces of darkness" would you prefer him to stop posting stuff [that you disagree with] or do you think he should continue contributing?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 11:13
    @sonship said
    If you perceive Ghost of a Duke's posting on this forum as being influenced by - or even doing the work of - "Satan", is it useful to you as a proselytizer to be able to constantly point to his posting, and his disagreements with you, as clear evidence of "Satan's" actions and influence?

In other words, do you feel that Ghost of a Duke's posting on this forum serves a valuable purpose for you as you seek to encourage people to turn away [to your way of seeing things, anyway] from "Satan" and turn towards the God you worship ~ about whom your posting on this forum relates to?
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 12:50
    @sonship said
    God has a history of using imperfect vessels to do his work. (David for example). Perhaps the forces driving me are of divine origin, to warn genuine Christians of the wolf stalking the flock...
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 15:513 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

God has a history of using imperfect vessels to do his work. (David for example). Perhaps the forces driving me are of divine origin, to warn genuine Christians of the wolf stalking the flock...

I am not too surprised that you apply the "imperfect vessel" principle to yourself while you evilly and wrongly slander a true servant of God.

I suppose the high priest Caiaphas could have made the same rational in condemning Jesus.

Understand though, I am not being mean to you in a hateful way. No, I am being frank with you though.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 16:17
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I am not too surprised that you apply the "imperfect vessel" principle to yourself while you evilly and wrongly slander a true servant of God ...[text shortened]... nd though, I am not being mean to you in a hateful way. No, I am being frank with you though.
    Your folly Sonship is to make a tower and place Lee on top of it, so that he can look down and tell you you're a god.

Understand though, I am not being mean to you in a hateful way. No, I am being frank with you though.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 16:505 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Your folly Sonship is to make a tower and place Lee on top of it, so that he can look down and tell you you're a god.

You haven't proved it in the least. Not one little bit have you demonstrated it.

Can't get away with saying I worship someone because I correct your lying record to slander them.

Doesn't work - For example - " I slander with lies. But if you defend them you put them on a pedestal."

Paul planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. I'm afraid you neither planted life or watered life. You're out to kill spiritual life, atheist.

No athiest - a realistic assessment of an effective and faithful servant of God is not me placing them on a pedestal unduly.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 16:59
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

You haven't proved it in the least. Not one little bit have you demonstrated it.

Can't get away with saying I worship someone because I correct your lying record to slander them.

Doesn't work - For example - [i]" ...[text shortened]... assessment of an effective and faithful servant of God is not me placing them on a pedestal unduly.
    Why not take a step back from Lee for 6 months and then return to his work with a fresh perspective? I could recommend some works for you to read in the meantime, to fashion the tools you need to dismantle his tower.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 17:273 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Why not take a step back from Lee for 6 months and then return to his work with a fresh perspective? I could recommend some works for you to read in the meantime, to fashion the tools you need to dismantle his tower.

Rather you should repent of your rebellion against God, confess to the Lord Jesus that you are a sinner in need of redemption and forgiveness, and publicly renounce atheism from now to eternity. If you are too suspicious of recent servants of God, I recommend the little booklet below.

Safety, Certainty, and Enjoyment
    by George Cutting (1843-1934)

https://www.wholesomewords.org/etexts/cutting/safety.html
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 17:361 edit
    A short sample from George Cutting's Safety, Certainty, and Enjoyment

In spite of the infinite love of God to helpless rebels, told out at Calvary; in spite of His pronounced hatred of sin; in spite of the known brevity of man's history here; in spite of the terrors of judgment after death, and of the solemn probability of waking up at last with the unbearable remorse of being on hell's side of a "fixed" gulf, man hurries on to the bitter, bitter end, as careless as if there were no God, no death, no judgment, no heaven, no hell! If the reader of these pages be such an one, may God this very moment have mercy upon you, and while you read these lines, open your eyes to your most perilous position, standing as you may be on the slippery brink of an endless woe.

Oh friend, believe it or not, your case is truly desperate! Put off the thought of eternity no longer. Remember that procrastination is like him who deceives you by it — not only a "thief," but a "murderer."There is much truth in the Spanish proverb which says, "The road of 'By-and-by' leads to the town of 'Never.'" I beseech you, unknown reader, to travel that road no longer. "Behold, NOW is the accepted time; behold, NOW is the day of salvation" (2 Corinthians 6:2).

"But," says one, "I am not indifferent as to the welfare of my soul. My deep trouble lies wrapped up in another word —

UNCERTAINTY;

Well, reader, both indifference and uncertainty are the offspring of one parent — unbelief. The first results from unbelief as to the sin and ruin of man, the other from unbelief as to God's sovereign remedy for man. It is especially for souls desiring before God to be fully and unmistakably SURE of their salvation that these pages are written. I can in a great measure understand your deep soul-trouble, and am assured that the more you are in earnest about this all important matter, the greater will be your thirst, until you know for certain that you are really and eternally saved. "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" (Mark 8:36)

George Cutting 1843 - 1934.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 17:54
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Rather you should repent of your rebellion against God, confess to the Lord Jesus that you are a sinner in need of redemp ...[text shortened]...
    by George Cutting (1843-1934) [/quote]

Please illuminate me as to how I am rebelling against a God I categorically don't believe in.

Are you likewise rebelling against Brahmin?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 18:012 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Please illuminate me as to how I am rebelling against a God I categorically don't believe in.

Whether I can illuminate you or not is a problem. Only God Himself can open a man's eyes to reality. And that He will not force against your will.

But I bet you spend more energy thrusting away from you the God of the Bible as Jesus taught and manifested then you do debating the non-existence of Brahmin.

How many posts have you argued here that you needn't pay attention to Brahmin?

How many thrusting away from you the words of Jesus ?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Dec '19 18:03
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Whether I can illuminate you or not is a problem. Only God himself can open a man's eyes to reality. And that He will not force against your will.

But I bet you spend more energy thrusting away from you the God of the Bible as Jesu ...[text shortened]... that you needn't pay attention to Brahmin?

How many thrusting away from you the words of Jesus ?
    Are you rebelling against Brahmin?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree