Spirituality

1. Subscriberdivegeester
    true democrat
    Geneva
    Moves
    03 Dec '19 13:27
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    Identify something wrong in the teaching according to the Bible.
    Sure- here you go...

The claim by your church cult, as written on the statement of beliefs page of their website, that a belief in the trinity doctrine is a requirement for salvation.

Care to tell us if you agree with it or not?

Or you gonna pour more "sand" on the fire, smother the issue with spam-posts and hope no one noticed...?
  2. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Moves
    03 Dec '19 16:041 edit
    Any Christians here disagree with this paragraph?

In order to be saved, one must have a living faith in the Person and work of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Every genuinely saved one has what the Bible calls the “common faith” (Titus 1:4), which includes what we must believe in order to be saved: we must believe that the Bible is the complete divine revelation wholly inspired by God; that there is a unique Triune God, the Father, the Son, and the Spirit; that Jesus Christ is the Son of God incarnated to be a man; that Christ died on the cross for our sins, shedding His blood for our redemption; that on the third day He was bodily raised from the dead; that He has been exalted to the right hand of God and made the Lord of all; and that He is coming again for His own and to set up His kingdom on earth.

If you believe that you are saved and do not agree please indicate this for me.

I ask for a reply from those who believe that they are saved. I do not ask Atheists to weigh in. And I am not particularly interested in someone whose belief is so shrouded in obfuscation and uncertainty that they relish unintelligibility or secrecy in not being willing or able to pin-point where they ARE in relation to being saved.
  3. Subscriberdivegeester
    true democrat
    Geneva
    Moves
    03 Dec '19 17:58
    Lol.
  4. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 05:393 edits
    In order to be saved, one must have a living faith in the Person and work of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Every genuinely saved one has what the Bible calls the “common faith” (Titus 1:4), which includes what we must believe in order to be saved: we must believe that the Bible is the complete divine revelation wholly inspired by God; that there is a unique Triune God, the Father, the Son, and the Spirit; that Jesus Christ is the Son of God incarnated to be a man; that Christ died on the cross for our sins, shedding His blood for our redemption; that on the third day He was bodily raised from the dead; that He has been exalted to the right hand of God and made the Lord of all; and that He is coming again for His own and to set up His kingdom on earth.

If no one believing they are saved here has any major problem with this statement, how about under Concerning Salvation - the part on our emphasis in leading people to Christ?

In order to be saved, one must have a living contact with Jesus Christ. Therefore, in bringing unbelievers to salvation, we emphasize prayer and calling on the name of the Lord. According to Romans 10:9 and 10, if a man is to be saved, he must believe in his heart and confess with his mouth.
  5. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 06:27
    @sonship said
    Any Christians here disagree with this paragraph?
    Perhaps "Christians here" basically ignoring you is a form of "spiritual warfare"?
  6. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 10:381 edit

Removed by poster

7. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 10:391 edit
    If no one believing they are saved here has any major problem with this statement, how about under Concerning Salvation - the part on our emphasis in leading people to Christ?

In order to be saved, one must have a living contact with Jesus Christ. Therefore, in bringing unbelievers to salvation, we emphasize prayer and calling on the name of the Lord. According to Romans 10:9 and 10, if a man is to be saved, he must believe in his heart and confess with his mouth.
  8. Subscriberdivegeester
    true democrat
    Geneva
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 10:47
    @sonship said
    My question to you, is this:

Is it a prerequisite of salvation for a person to believe in the trinity doctrine?
  9. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 10:59
    @divegeester

Locate for me the phrase "trinity doctrine" in this paragraph.

10. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 11:04
    @divegeester

Is it a prerequisite of salvation for a person to believe in the trinity doctrine?

In this word from Jesus which one of the "We" is God and which one is a doctrine?

"Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)

Which one of the divine We there is a doctrine ?

Or is the Father God and the Son God ?

And "lol" is not a valid answer.
  11. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 11:07
    What do the co-workers among the local churches in the North America emphasize in bringing people to salvation ? [my bolding below]

12. Subscriberdivegeester
    true democrat
    Geneva
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 12:20
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

In this word from Jesus which one of the "We" is God and which one is a doctrine?

[quote] [b] "Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him ...[text shortened]... here is a doctrine ?

Or is the Father God and the Son God ?

And "lol" is not a valid answer.
    Is that a

"yes a person MUST believe the trinity doctrine as a prerequisite for salvation..."

Or is that a

"no a person does not have believe the trinity doctrine as a prerequisite for salvation..."

Simple question with a binary answer.
  13. Subscriberdivegeester
    true democrat
    Geneva
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 12:251 edit
    From the Local Church group website:

"In order to be saved, one must have a living faith in the Person and work of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Every genuinely saved one has what the Bible calls the “common faith” (Titus 1:4), which includes what we must believe in order to be saved: we must believe that the Bible is the complete divine revelation wholly inspired by God; that there is a unique Triune God,..."

https://contendingforthefaith.org/en/the-beliefs-and-practices-of-the-local-churches/#cid6

@sonship: Do you agree with this statement in it's entirety ?
  14. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 13:452 edits
    @divegeester

Yes. But I do not take the paragraph in isolation. I think the brothers were wise to include for clarity and balance this additional statement.

[my bolding]

Furthermore in receiving one another it says we should receive those who are weak in faith.

Romans 14:1

"Now him who is weak in faith receive, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his considerations."

For example - the reigning of Christ on the earth indicated by these words in the pamphlet -

that He has been exalted to the right hand of God and made the Lord of all; and that He is coming again for His own and to set up His kingdom on earth.

It some earlier stage of a Christians' maturity he may not be clear about the reigning of Christ on the earth. Perhaps he thinks he only "goes to Heaven" forever.

I would consider this immature in understanding or weaker in faith.
    Of course eventually, imo, he will include this aspect of salvation.
  15. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 13:461 edit
    Now, you usually insist you GET your answer and usually do not RETURN the same promptness when you are asked something.

So answer:

Which one of the divine "We" in John 14:23 is only a doctrine? The Father or the Son?

" ... We will come to him and make an abode with him?" (See John 14:23)

Before you go to further sharpen your microscope's focus on me, YOU reply to my examination of your position on that.