1. Joined
    22 Jul '14
    Moves
    04 Aug '14 11:45
    Originally posted by sonship
    Here are the words of Witness Lee by which I slander him:

Those were not the words.
    Those are the words you don't like and disagree with.

The slanderous words are that he ran a cult.
    The rest we have probably been over multiple times.

No need to repeat ad nauseum.
    Exatcly! brother. No new arguments from RJHinds.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Aug '14 18:35
    Originally posted by Kevin Lee Poracan
    LOL Here we go again! It's very funny! LOL. How many times we've already through this? And you didn't make an objection to the contendingforthefaith.org articles "Brothers Hear our Defense" and have done more research specifically the Affirmation and Critique. Simply relying what others said than what the actual writings of Witness Lee are. I'm com ...[text shortened]... fU6i1E4bk8AW794HQDw&ved=0CAYQFjAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNHmOq2RSwc3tuqKrGS3joCL3FiKzw
    The statements were from the cited publications of Witness Lee. What do you mean they were taken out of context? Are you trying to say he did not mean what I said he means? If not, then explain what he really meant to say.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Aug '14 15:06
    Exatcly! brother. No new arguments from RJHinds.
    Kevin,

I met someone the other day who was a genuine truth seeking person. He said he just wanted to know the truth.

He had read The Economy of God.

May the Lord have mercy on us to enter into the next age with all cooperation with His grace.

See you around the boards.
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Aug '14 23:351 edit
    I was baptized in a Southern Baptist Church. My wife is a member of the United Methodist Church. But I just call myself a Christian.

Many Christians have decided that designations like Southern Baptist and United Methodist are not good to denominate brothers. So you are not unlike myself in that regard.

The question is that - Since w ...[text shortened]... how come the church in Dunn Loring or the church in Baltimore or the church in Boston is a cult?
    Brothers, is this so important as to separate us from God?

A man was preaching the Word of God, and the Apostles stopped him. Jesus rebuked the Apostles by saying "if he is for us, he is not against us" .

It is One God that we worship. It doesn't matter if you are a Jew or Christian, a member of Witness Lee or a Baptist. These titles are just politics in the eyes of God. What part of God is not God?

It is written, for those who believe you can eat every kind of meat, you should not condemn those who believe you can only drink milk.

Do you understand the meaning of this passage?
    It is simply this. Don't judge your brothers and sisters in God, just because they don't think like you.

If in the bottom line of your church you love God, then stick to it. Because that is what God requires of all His children.

Jesus stated, "Love God with all your heart....."
  5. Joined
    22 Jul '14
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 03:38
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The statements were from the cited publications of Witness Lee. What do you mean they were taken out of context? Are you trying to say he did not mean what I said he means? If not, then explain what he really meant to say.
    Answers are already answered from the links I provided below.

Topical Index–The Triune God (the Trinity)
    http://www.contendingforthefaith.org/responses/topics/trinity.html

Affirmation & Critique Archives
    http://affcrit.com/archives.html

triunegod.org

We Were Wrong! | Christian Research Institute
    https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.equip.org/articles/we-were-wrong/&sa=U&ei=7HnfU6i1E4bk8AW794HQDw&ved=0CAYQFjAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNHmOq2RSwc3tuqKrGS3joCL3FiKzw
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 07:411 edit
    Answers are already answered from the links I provided below.

triunegod.org

https://www.google.com/url?q=htt ...[text shortened]... fU6i1E4bk8AW794HQDw&ved=0CAYQFjAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNHmOq2RSwc3tuqKrGS3joCL3FiKzw
    Just because they say they think they are wrong does not mean I also should think I am wrong.
  7. Joined
    22 Jul '14
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 10:24
    Just because they say they think they are wrong does not mean I also should think I am wrong.
    You're just wasting my time here. Why not you try to re-evaluate and you have found something error then state your objections. For sure what you just quoted from Witness Lee that "the entire Godhead became flesh" is 8 words were taken-out into a foreign of context from the paragraph of what is being stated there. I am not convince on your conclusions because it is misrepresented or whatsoever.

Triune God
    http://an-open-letter.org/resources/the-triune-god

triunegod.org

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.equip.org/articles/we-were-wrong/&sa=U&ei=7HnfU6i1E4bk8AW794HQDw&ved=0CAYQFjAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNHmOq2RSwc3tuqKrGS3joCL3FiKzw
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 19:07
    You're just wasting my time here. Why not you try to re-evaluate and you have found something error then state your objections. For sure what you just quoted from Witness Lee that "the entire Godhead became flesh" is 8 words were taken-out into a foreign of context from the paragraph of what is being stated there. I am not convince on your conclusi ...[text shortened]... fU6i1E4bk8AW794HQDw&ved=0CAYQFjAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNHmOq2RSwc3tuqKrGS3joCL3FiKzw
    Perhaps Witness Lee just did not understand Enlish that well and really did not mean what he said. However, there must be others that think he knew what he was talking about and might be misled to believe something contrary to Christian teachings. I am just trying to point out the difference.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 21:123 edits
    Perhaps Witness Lee just did not understand Enlish that well and really did not mean what he said. However, there must be others that think he knew what he was talking about and might be misled to believe something contrary to Christian teachings. I am just trying to point out the difference.

You have no case.

Right now all I can say, in the not too polite words of former Boston University president John Silber -

"I wish some of you would shut up and learn something."

Now you have a thread on the Rapture which is getting off to a sad beginning. I look at it. I sigh and I thank God for brother Witness Lee!
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Aug '14 21:19

You have no case.

Right now all I can s ...[text shortened]... is getting off to a sad beginning. I look at it. I sigh and I thank God for brother Witness Lee!
    Maybe if you can get your head out of your behind you will realise that you are not here to teach anybody. This is disucssion forum where people present their OPINIONS or in your case the opinion of some man who you have placed up on a pedestal. The fact that nobody wants to kneel down before Witness Less along with you is clearly making you frustrated.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Aug '14 05:53
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth.

You just lost your under the law elevator salvation for the evening.
    Better luck tomorrow.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Aug '14 11:441 edit

You have no case.

"I wish some of you would shut up and learn something."
    Perhaps some of us would rather learn the truth. Did you ever think of that?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Aug '14 12:272 edits

If you really want to learn the truth you should not expect that your traditional Christianity is always right. The Holy Spirit is the Holy Spirit. He is not the Holy Spirit with a "traditional flavor".

I do not know how much you personally want to know the truth. You display to me that you are more interested in some face saving posture to not have to admit how terribly misinformed you were.

You read NO book, NO article, No message from the thousands of topics. You assumed that the Open Letter must know what it is talking about. Fine, make that assumption. But when it is demonstrated where it is grossly mistaken, your reaction is the ostrich sticking its head in the sand.

But its Okay. You have inspired a lot of free advertizing here to the incredibly rich ministry of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee. And I think that was sovereign of the Lord. I think God used you and may continue to use you here in that regard. I never mentioned these two brothers that much for years here.

You have given me opportunity to point some people to this rich ministry. Here is a list of just some of the rich books by Witness Lee (just a fraction of his voluminous output)

Abiding in the Lord to Enjoy His Life
    Abraham—Called by God
    Administration of the Church and the Ministry of the Word
    The Advance of the Lord's Recovery Today
    All Ages for the Lord's Testimony
    All-Inclusive Christ, The
    All-inclusive Indwelling Spirit, The
    All-Inclusive Spirit of Christ, The
    All-Inclusiveness and Unlimitedness of Christ, The
    Apostles' Teaching and the New Testament Leadership, The
    Apostles' Teaching, The
    Application of the Interpretation of the New Jerusalem to the Seeking Believers, The
    Assurance, Security and Joy of Salvation
    Autobiography of a Person in the Spirit, An

Baptism in the Holy Spirit, The
    Basic Lessons on Life
    Basic Lessons on Service
    Basic Principles Concerning the Eldership
    Basic Principles for the Practice of the Church Life
    Basic Principles for the Practice of the God-Ordained Way, The
    Basic Principles for the Service in the Church Life
    Basic Principles of the Experience of Life
    Basic Revelation in the Holy Scriptures, The
    Basic Training
    Basis for the Building Work of God, The
    Bearing Remaining Fruit, Vol. 1
    Bearing Remaining Fruit, Vol. 2
    Being Apt to Teach and Holding the Mystery of the Faith
    Being Delivered from Religious Rituals and Walking according to the Spirit
    Being Desperate and Living Uniquely for the Gospel
    Being Renewed Day by Day
    Being Up-to-date for the Rebuilding of the Temple
    Believer's Experience of Transformation, The
    Bible, The
    Blessed Human Life, A
    Blueprint and the Ground for the Building Up of the Church, The
    Body of Christ, The
    Bridge and Channel of God, The
    Brief Definition of the Kingdom of the Heavens, A
    Brief Presentation of the Lord's Recovery, A
    Builder of the Pillars, The
    Building of God, The
    Building of the Church, The
    Building Up of the Body of Christ, The
    Building Work of God, The

See http://www.ministrybooks.org/witness-lee-books.cfm?s=B

God used this brother to put enough spiritual food on the Christian table to feed us for the next 500 years, maybe even a thousand years. I know that this was God's provision to equip the overcoming saints to enter into the kingdom age.

Where there is a great need, our faithful God comes in to MEET the need. Some people I suppose are just mad that the supply to the Body of Christ was flowing so richly from the East to the West.

So we in the Western world (proud perhaps that missionaries were sent to China) should rejoice that God raised up such overflowing ministers of light and life from these lands.

I am totally not discouraged by anything you have to say about your idea of "Witness Lee's Local Church Cult". I would be concerned if the local churches did not have some bad press from traditional Christianity. That would concern me more.

Carry on then.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree