Women to remain silent?

Women to remain silent?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
28 Jun 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
do you believe that adam and eve fully knew what punishment was in store for them before they committed the sin?
how emphatic do you think, 'you will positively die' is?

Moves
28 Jun 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
how emphatic do you think, 'you will positively die' is?
death was only one aspect of the punishment. how much do you think they were aware of?

rc

Moves
28 Jun 13

[b]you have provided no evidence that God doesn't exist, its a mere opinion, cannot respect that

do you use this logic in all walks of life or just with god?[/b]
all statements must be subject to falsification, if you are going to make a truth claim like, 'there is no God', then surely the proposer must have evidence or are we merely to believe him on the basis that because he says 'there is no god', it must therefore be true. Do you believe everything you read?

rc

Moves
28 Jun 13
1 edit

death was only one aspect of the punishment. how much do you think they were aware of?
only in one aspect, wow, serious understatement there dude, when someone says, 'you will positively die', what other considerations come in to your mind? what's for dinner? I wonder if i should cut the grass?

Moves
28 Jun 13

all statements must be subject to falsification, if you are going to make a truth claim like, 'there is no God', then surely the proposer must have evidence or are we merely to believe him on the basis that because he says 'there is no god', it must therefore be true. Do you believe everything you read?
and do you use this logic in all walks of life?

rc

Moves
28 Jun 13
2 edits

and do you use this logic in all walks of life?
I tend not to live my life on the basis of logic for you see life is far more than a mere science, its an art form.

woa can i get a witness! sooo deep! dangerous to go scuba diving!

Moves
28 Jun 13

only in one aspect, wow, serious understatement there dude, when someone says, 'you will positively die', what other considerations come in to your mind? what's for dinner? I wonder if i should cut the grass?
i dont personally see it as an understatement. in adam and eves postition i would be more concerned with all the horrific things that are going to happen to humanity due to sin rather than whats going to happen to me. this makes me wonder if they knew that sin would manifest as horrible diseases, rape, war, pedophilia, genocides, cancer and multitude of other horrors.

Moves
28 Jun 13

I tend not to live my life on the basis of logic for you see life is far more than a mere science, its an art form.

how would you tackle the monster in the closet scenario with a child?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Jun 13

I tend not to live my life on the basis of logic.......

That's the understatement of the year!!!!

rc

Moves
28 Jun 13

how would you tackle the monster in the closet scenario with a child?
my kid used to get nightmares, he found that listening to Bob Marley helped him sleep, especially, 'three little birds'.

rc

Moves
28 Jun 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]I tend not to live my life on the basis of logic.......

That's the understatement of the year!!!![/b]
I am an arteeeeest dude, you gotta respect that.

Moves
28 Jun 13

sorry dude you gotta provide evidence to get respect, you have provided no evidence that God doesn't exist, its a mere opinion, cannot respect that dude. So much bitterness, you got serious hate speech going on there, I cannot have any part of that either dude.
And yet you persist in talking to me, responding to my posts, so apparently you can have a part of it... dude.

Actually I have over the years provided plenty of proof...
However for you to understand and accept it you would have to understand basic scientific principles... And then understand scientific theories like evolution and big bang cosmology...
Which you are never going to do.

However, YOU have provided no evidence that your god does exist.
And the default position on any claim is lack of belief until such time as evidence has been presented sufficient to form a belief one way or another.

Thus the default position is lack of belief in the existence of god.

Also I neither want nor need your respect... And I certainly don't respect you.
If that's a problem for you then feel free to whine about it... I find it quite amusing.

And hate speech??? You evidently don't understand the term... Which is unsurprising given that there is almost nothing you do understand.

rc

Moves
28 Jun 13

Originally posted by googlefudge
And yet you persist in talking to me, responding to my posts, so apparently you can have a part of it... dude.

Actually I have over the years provided plenty of proof...
However for you to understand and accept it you would have to understand basic scientific principles... And then understand scientific theories like evolution and big bang cosmolog ...[text shortened]... stand the term... Which is unsurprising given that there is almost nothing you do understand.
I dunno if i can respect that dude, it seems to be plastic, just not real enough.

Moves
28 Jun 13

my kid used to get nightmares, he found that listening to Bob Marley helped him sleep, especially, 'three little birds'.
you seem to be answering a different question. mine was - how would you prove to a frightened child that there isnt a monster in their closet?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Jun 13

I am an arteeeeest dude, you gotta respect that.
You're one of the most confused individual's I've ever come across. You want me to respect your confusion?