Women to remain silent?

Women to remain silent?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
28 Jun 13
2 edits

Originally posted by stellspalfie
[b]nope, our kids know what happening

and what is it that they know?[/b]
that we do not celebrate Christmas,

you listening? its hard to give respect dude when you are not listening

so tell us what the single mum who cannot afford to give her kids what they want will say about Santa?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Jun 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
What about women's rights and wrongs? Are women to remain quite as the Apostle Paul said or do they have the right to interrupt the church service with gossip or whatever suits their fancy?

The Instructor
What??

They have as much right to "interrupt the church service with gossip or whatever suits their fancy" as men do. Which is not at all.

Or are you saying that women are frivolous with their thoughts and are rightfully called 'airheads' for a reason? Because if so, this offends me, I will not lie.

I wish you'd compare apples with apples instead of bringing the oranges into the conversation.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
29 Jun 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
What??

They have as much right to "interrupt the church service with gossip or whatever suits their fancy" as men do. Which is not at all.

Or are you saying that women are frivolous with their thoughts and are rightfully called 'airheads' for a reason? Because if so, this offends me, I will not lie.

I wish you'd compare apples with apples instead of bringing the oranges into the conversation.
"They have as much right to "interrupt the church service with gossip or whatever suits their fancy" as men do."

Silent?

What do you think Paul meant?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Jun 13

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
adam was deceived. he is just as guilty as eve
Not saying he wasn't guilty, but I don't recall ever reading he was
deceived. As near as I can tell, he went into it all with his eyes wide
open, because God told him what would happen.
Kelly

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Jun 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
Not saying he wasn't guilty, but I don't recall ever reading he was
deceived. As near as I can tell, he went into it all with his eyes wide
open, because God told him what would happen.
Kelly
It doesn't really matter if Adam was deceived or not, they both sinned and received immediate punishment from God for it.

The Instructor

Moves
29 Jun 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
that we do not celebrate Christmas,

you listening? its hard to give respect dude when you are not listening

so tell us what the single mum who cannot afford to give her kids what they want will say about Santa?
so your kids believe santa visits other peoples houses, correct?

to answer your question - it would depend on the parent. some would be honest. some would make excuses. sadly the majority probably get into debt so they dont have to face the problem. not sure why this is relevant?

rc

Moves
29 Jun 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
so your kids believe santa visits other peoples houses, correct?

to answer your question - it would depend on the parent. some would be honest. some would make excuses. sadly the majority probably get into debt so they dont have to face the problem. not sure why this is relevant?
no they know that Santa is not real,

you listening? why do my words seem to reverberate against the side of your head?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Jun 13

no they know that Santa is not real,

you listening? why do my words seem to reverberate against the side of your head?
They know that Santa is not real? That's strange, it wasn't that long ago you were claiming you had no belief with regards to the existence of Santa. How come your little boy knows Santa isn't real?

rc

Moves
29 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
They know that Santa is not real? That's strange, it wasn't that long ago you were claiming you had no belief with regards to the existence of Santa. How come your little boy knows Santa isn't real?
because I told him and if I recall correctly i gave you a personal accountant of how I know after catching my own parents putting out presents on Christmas morning, but I understand you never miss an opportunity for some retrospective trollin , respect dude!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Jun 13

because I told him and if I recall correctly i gave you a personal accountant of how I know after catching my own parents putting out presents on Christmas morning, but I understand you never miss an opportunity for some retrospective trollin , respect dude!
Ah yes, the 'I forgot whether or not I believe Santa existed' line. Respect to that insane gibberish!

rc

Moves
29 Jun 13
2 edits

Ah yes, the 'I forgot whether or not I believe Santa existed' line. Respect to that insane gibberish!
are you not watching the Lions, woa!

listen on

http://www.rte.ie/sport/player/#!/live/41/

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Jun 13

are you not watching the Lions, woa!

listen on

http://www.rte.ie/sport/player/#!/live/41/
I am watching it.

So, for curiosity, when did you tell your son that Santa doesn't exist?

rc

Moves
29 Jun 13

I am watching it.

So, for curiosity, when did you tell your son that Santa doesn't exist?
dunno, when he was young, at nursery.

Moves
29 Jun 13

Technically speaking... catching someone impersonating Father Christmas does not actually disprove Father Christmas's existence...

While you can consider it as evidence that Father Christmas doesn't exist it is not actually proof.

There are of course perfectly sound reasons for not believing (and in fact disbelieving) in the existence of Father Christmas.

Finding out that your parents are impersonating him is not actually a particularly good one.

That Father Christmas would have to violate the laws of physics to deliver all his presents in the allotted time while going totally undetected would be a good reason.

rc

Moves
29 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by googlefudge
Technically speaking... catching someone impersonating Father Christmas does not actually disprove Father Christmas's existence...

While you can consider it as evidence that Father Christmas doesn't exist it is not actually proof.

There are of course perfectly sound reasons for not believing (and in fact disbelieving) in the existence of Father Chr ...[text shortened]... r all his presents in the allotted time while going totally undetected would be a good reason.
it was good enough for me and i dont think your reason is particularly solid, why, for you dismiss the possibility of magic and therefore a purely materialistic approach is a failure.