Working with a YEC

Working with a YEC

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
18 Nov 08

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Being rude isn't sufficient to qualify one as a troll. Some of the most vicious trolls are perfect gentlemen.

I don't object to your boring drivel. Then again, you're harmless.
he asked a question. and you did nothing to enrich the subject, you just snapped at him.

you contributed nothing to this thread other than calling fabian a simple minded buffoon as a response to a question.

i didn't called you a troll for being rude i called you a troll because he tried 2 times to redirect the thread towards the topic and you still took time to get off that high horse and lecture the simple minded buffoon that is the peasant fabian. and then you got on the high horse of yours and rode into the sunset, not before you yelled to another simple- minded buffoon, harmless though, named zahlanzi that you didn't object to his "boring drivel".

get a life you pompous cock. you are not that important to the universe.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
18 Nov 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
he asked a question. and you did nothing to enrich the subject, you just snapped at him.

you contributed nothing to this thread other than calling fabian a simple minded buffoon as a response to a question.

i didn't called you a troll for being rude i called you a troll because he tried 2 times to redirect the thread towards the topic and you still t "boring drivel".

get a life you pompous cock. you are not that important to the universe.
My response to Ffnas is part of an ongoing discourse that doesn't particularly concern you, although please feel free to make it your business -- if you can spare the time from your important affairs, that is. I here that the Universe takes a personal interest in what you do.

My contribution to this thread was stating that Talmudic exegetes (rabbis) don't treat Genesis as a straitjacket. It's a simple but important point that people of a fundamentalist frame of mind simply can't seem to understand. I think you understand it, though. Don't you?

I would never yell at you. As for the horse analogy, it's far from the mark. This is a forum, not the Wild West.

F

Moves
18 Nov 08

If people are trying to win a discussion by being rude, then they have already lost the discussion. If they cannot win it by sound reasoning, then they try rudeness. They think they've won if their enemy disappears, but in fact they've lost, dishonorably. You cannot win anything by being rude.

When I've learnt something, then I have won the discussion. If we've learnt something both of us, then we have won something both of us. the won being rude is the one losing, because he hasn't really won anything.

So those being rude show their face quite visibly.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
18 Nov 08
1 edit

Originally posted by FabianFnas

When I've learnt something, then I have won the discussion.
When was the last time you learnt something in this forum?

I've learnt plenty from this 'discussion' already.

F

Moves
18 Nov 08

Oh, I learn a lot in this Forum. Otherwise I wouldn't be here at all.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
18 Nov 08

Oh, I learn a lot in this Forum. Otherwise I wouldn't be here at all.
Wonderful. Everyone's a winner!

Z

Moves
18 Nov 08

I've learnt plenty from this 'discussion' already.
i learned nothing. i just got a fact confirmed. that you're a pompous know it all. this discussion is over for me.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
18 Nov 08

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
i learned nothing. i just got a fact confirmed. that you're a pompous know it all. this discussion is over for me.
Oh, good.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Nov 08
2 edits

If people are trying to win a discussion by being rude, then they have already lost the discussion. If they cannot win it by sound reasoning, then they try rudeness. They think they've won if their enemy disappears, but in fact they've lost, dishonorably. You cannot win anything by being rude.

When I've learnt something, then I have won the discussion. ecause he hasn't really won anything.

So those being rude show their face quite visibly.
Do you really think that Fabian cannot understand that any text needs an interpretation? It is much more rude to pretend not to understand an argument because you cannot deal with it, than addressing the issues and adding a pot-shot here and there.

Invariably, discussions with Fabian, the Xenophobe go like this:

1) Fabian, the Xenophobe says something incorrect
2) X corrects him
3) Fabian, the Xenophobe pretends not to understand and repeats 1)
4) X corrects him again and mocks Fabian
5) Fabian, the Xenophobe complains about the mocking, claims moral victory and repeats 1)

Hey Fabian, do you have that flag as your avatar because of your ardent xenophobic nationalism or is it a coincidence?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
18 Nov 08

Originally posted by Palynka

1) Fabian, the Xenophobe says something incorrect
2) X corrects him
3) Fabian, the Xenophobe pretends not to understand and repeats 1)
4) X corrects him again and mocks Fabian
5) Fabian, the Xenophobe complains about the mocking, claims moral victory and repeats 1)
6) Zahlanzi admires him for his objectivity

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
18 Nov 08

Originally posted by Palynka

Hey Fabian, do you have that flag as your avatar because of your ardent xenophobic nationalism or is it a coincidence?
A plane carrying some Danes, Swedes and Norwegians crashes on a deserted island (SAS don't fly to the Pacific, but anyway...)
After 5 years, they are finally rescued.

The rescuers ask one of the passengers how all the groups have been getting on (knowing how much the Scandinavians like each other):

"Well, the Danes immediately broke into the Duty Free locker, and have been having a con-tinuous party for the last 5 years -- things are starting to run down now, they've just run out of beer.

"The Norwegians, of course, are still arguing amongst themselves about whether to go to the party or not."

"What about the Swedes?"

"Ah, the Swedes are still standing over there, waiting to be introduced.”

Z

Moves
18 Nov 08

A plane carrying some Danes, Swedes and Norwegians crashes on a deserted island (SAS don't fly to the Pacific, but anyway...)
After 5 years, they are finally rescued.

The rescuers ask one of the passengers how all the groups have been getting on (knowing how much the Scandinavians like each other):

"Well, the Danes immediately broke into the Dut ...[text shortened]... he Swedes?"

"Ah, the Swedes are still standing over there, waiting to be introduced.”
"working with a YEC"

i am not debating anything, just thought it would help others to see the relevance of your posts if i remind the title of this thread.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Nov 08

6) Zahlanzi admires him for his objectivity and ability to stay on-topic (which he does by furiously repeating 1))
Fixed!

Z

Moves
18 Nov 08

6) Zahlanzi admires him for his objectivity
what objectivity? he didn't say anything, he asked a question.

of course, if paranoia is present, you might claim he secretly wants to trick you into some idiotic off topic discussion. and try and take over the world.

and as a side note, relax, you will never be in danger of being admired for your objectivity.

Z

Moves
18 Nov 08

and yeah, congratz. your trolling skillz have tricked me into responding yet again.