world population

world population

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
All you have for your belief is a gut feeling, and this is enough for you. Yet you demand proof from me. Hypocritical don't you think?
I have made no claim that there is a supernatural being whose existence I want to convince you is a fact.

What's more, I make absolutely no claims - not a single assertion or theory or demand - about any instructions, rules, threats, promises, or rewards offered by a supernatural being and so any gut feeling I might have has absolutely no impact or consequence for you in any imaginable way.

So I have no need to offer "proof" of anything. You don't seem to know what the word "hypocritical" means.

On the other hand, like I said, seeing as you claim there exists a supernatural creature which has communicated certain specific instructions and other information to you, and seeing as you claim that the content of this communication pertains to me, then the onus is on you to prove it.

P

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I don't think it's all BS.
Have you seen the population curve?

Another 2 billion tipped to be born by 2050. All those people will have to be fed
i drive semi in USA. There is so much open space, it is unreal. The only reason people complain is the cities are over populated.

My son was with me last summer. At 45 miles from the outskirts of New York city, it is all forest. Even at 25 miles, there was hardly any population. So why does so many people want to live in such a small area.

F

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by Pudgenik
At 45 miles from the outskirts of New York city, it is all forest. Even at 25 miles, there was hardly any population. So why does so many people want to live in such a small area.
Maybe they don't like to live among so many trees or to live in places where there are hardly any people. I took a group of troubled inner city teenagers on a hike up a peak in a beautiful mountain range in Wales some years ago on a wonderful sunny but cool day with perfect visibility. Afterwards one of the teenagers complained to me that, after all that effort spent climbing the mountain, it was disappointing to him that all he could see were more mountains.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
I have made no claim that there is a supernatural being whose existence I want to convince you is a fact.

What's more, I make absolutely no claims - not a single assertion or theory or demand - about any instructions, rules, threats, promises, or rewards offered by a supernatural being and so any gut feeling I might have has absolutely no impact or consequen ...[text shortened]... laim that the content of this communication pertains to me, then the onus is on you to prove it.
So in essence you are not committing to any position on God so you cannot be cross examined.

This allows you to attack the arguments and beliefs of others while giving no answers or rebuttals to anything.

F

Moves
06 Feb 17

So in essence you are not committing to any position on God so you cannot be cross examined.
My position is that you can claim whatever you want, think whatever you want, imagine whatever you want, and attribute whatever notions or thoughts or emotions you want to your god figure. If it gives your life meaning, I say: good luck to you. That's my position on your god figure.

F

Moves
06 Feb 17

This allows you to attack the arguments and beliefs of others while giving no answers or rebuttals to anything.
Well I have no notion of a supernatural god entity to peddle to you, if that's what you mean. If you feel that people not accepting the far-fetched stuff you say - and instead they put forward ideas that are different from yours - if you feel this amounts to "attacks" then perhaps a debate and discussion forum is the wrong place for you?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
My position is that you can claim whatever you want, think whatever you want, imagine whatever you want, and attribute whatever notions or thoughts or emotions you want to your god figure. If it gives your life meaning, I say: good luck to you. That's my position on your god figure.
Is there anything you believe to be true that you think everyone should believe?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
Well I have no notion of a supernatural god entity to peddle to you, if that's what you mean. If you feel that people not accepting the far-fetched stuff you say - and instead they put forward ideas that are different from yours - if you feel this amounts to "attacks" then perhaps a debate and discussion forum is the wrong place for you?
But surely if the ideas you put forward are of any value you would want other people to share those beliefs? The fact that you couldn't be bothered whether anyone shares your beliefs seems to indicate that you lack conviction that your own beliefs are true. Surely if they were true you would want to share them with other people?

F

Moves
06 Feb 17

Is there anything you believe to be true that you think everyone should believe?
With regard to what, for example?

F

Moves
06 Feb 17

But surely if the ideas you put forward are of any value you would want other people to share those beliefs?
People should make up their own minds.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
With regard to what, for example?
With regards to morality for example.

F

Moves
06 Feb 17

The fact that you couldn't be bothered whether anyone shares your beliefs seems to indicate that you lack conviction that your own beliefs are true.
Is this one of the key things you have learned from the way people react to the way you behave on the internet?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
06 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
People should make up their own minds.
Of course they should, but if you believed you had the truth, you would want other people to have it as well?

F

Moves
06 Feb 17

With regards to morality for example.
What about it?

F

Moves
06 Feb 17

Surely if [your beliefs] were true you would want to share them with other people?
But I do share my beliefs. Isn't that what you're doing too. Isn't it what we are both doing?