1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Feb '17 22:46
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, I didn't know that. We will not run out of fossil fuels. We need to stop using them long before they run out because of global warming.

[b]I just know that those 2nd and 3rd world countries mainly hanker for material wealth like in the capitalist countries. This sort of thinking will prove very detrimental and, as always, education is the key.
    ...[text shortened]... burb and rural living does the most damage to the environment and takes the most material costs.[/b]
    Just don't work. There is enough waste and goodwill, at least in my country, to "live free" without having much environmental impact.
    I'm on a pension raising my kid and trying not to put my prejudices on him, but when he grows up, I'll prolly just "walk the Earth" and just give up the pension.
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    10 Feb '17 22:48
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Just don't work. There is enough waste and goodwill, at least in my country, to "live free" without having much environmental impact.
    I'm on a pension raising my kid and trying not to put my prejudices on him, but when he grows up, I'll prolly just "walk the Earth" and just give up the pension.
    That's a pretty admirable ambition. You're a good guy Karoly.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Feb '17 22:591 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    That's a pretty admirable ambition. You're a good guy Karoly.
    I just can't get into making money. And if I do have any I just spend it at the pub anyway.
    I have "walked the Earth" for a few years in my earlier life - so I know what's involved. The climate in this country definatley makes it easier

You're a pretty good guy too, bro.
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    10 Feb '17 23:03

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    10 Feb '17 23:03
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I just can't get into making money. And if I do have any I just spend it at the pub anyway.
    I have "walked the Earth" for a few years in my earlier life - so I know what's involved. The climate in this country definatley makes it easier

You're a pretty good guy too, bro.
    Size of country helps too. Man the moderation in this place is getting out of hand.
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    12 Feb '17 06:01
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    So you believe in moral absolutes but you don't know what they are?
    I think we can all agree on at least a few.
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    12 Feb '17 06:02
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    How is that your definition if its entirety is enclosed in quotation marks?

I thought you had left the cult? Why are you not able to vocalise your own view without reliance on a cut and paste?
    Lol so I should coin my own words and am not allowed to use a dictionary else I belong to a cult? 🙄
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Feb '17 23:51
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    I think we can all agree on at least a few.
    What , that you are absolutely retarded?

Seriously man, no one here seems to share your ideas on "moral absolutes" . Maybe a few Christians , but even they don't really seem to back this way of thinking.

So when you say "..we can all agree.. " , I think you are well off the mark.

However, if you have the courage of your convictions I say "go for it". Take your ideas through to their logical conclusions (as long as they are not directly harming anyone)

I've had similar problems here where no one (from either side of the fence) agreed with my views. Did it make me change my mind? Well, yes and no, but ultimately I felt that if an idea was strong enough, and I had experienced directly some sort of proof that I was right, that i really didn't need anyone else to approve of my views.
    It seems that Christians like you get all antsy and start calling people nasty things when they don't agree with you.
    If your idea is strong enough you shouldn't need anyone else's approval.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Feb '17 23:55
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Lol so I should coin my own words and am not allowed to use a dictionary else I belong to a cult? 🙄
    I strongly believe that you should be able to present your ideas in your own words. Even if you 100% agree with some one else.
    This shows that you do understand what you are saying without just cutting and pasting.
    I won't look at links unless you give me a few words of your own as to why I should.
    And also, I find originality one of the prime tenets of spirituality. As one Zen guy said : 'Copying is death'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree