1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 08:11
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Your question is loaded. Why not just say evil. What is the difference between evil and inherent evil?
    Inherently evil just underscores the fact that making an agreement classifies God as evil.

Either way you would be calling God evil. I was just making it very clear.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 08:13
    Your question is loaded. Why not just say evil. What is the difference between evil and inherent evil?
    Haven't you yourself used the terms "inherent evil" and "inherently evil" when talking about what you tout as being "objective" truth about what is and isn't "evil"? Are you now suddenly baulking at its use here?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 08:33
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Haven't you yourself used the terms "inherent evil" and "inherently evil" when talking about what you tout as being "objective" truth about what is and isn't "evil"? Are you now suddenly baulking at its use here?
    Yes in a different context.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 08:35
    So is Eladar wrong to ask whether it is "inherently evil" to execute homosexuals? In this context, he cannot use the word "inherently", but in a different context, he can, is that it?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 08:39
    Is it your opinion that since we are no longer to execute homosexuals, homosexuality is no longer sinful?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 08:49
    So is Eladar wrong to ask whether it is "inherently evil" to execute homosexuals? In this context, he cannot use the word "inherently", but in a different context, he can, is that it?
    No he is welcome to ask me anything he wants and use whatever words he prefers.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 08:50
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Is it your opinion that since we are no longer to execute homosexuals, homosexuality is no longer sinful?
    Obviously not. Lying is sinful, but we don't execute people for that do we?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 08:51
    No he is welcome to ask me anything he wants and use whatever words he prefers.
    Me too, presumably. Do you think it is inherently "evil" to execute homosexuals?
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 08:53
    Me too, presumably. Do you think it is inherently "evil" to execute homosexuals?
    We have discussed this before at length. Why are you asking me this again? Go back and read what I said.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 08:53
    Obviously not. Lying is sinful, but we don't execute people for that do we?
    Yeah, I forgot you are of the opinion that one can live in continual rebelliin to God's truth and still be saved.

There is no need to expell the immoral brother as Paul instructed. Everyone who says Jesus is Lord is going to heaven.

This is your view of what Christianity is. This is your error.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 08:55
    We have discussed this before at length. Why are you asking me this again? Go back and read what I said.
    OK, I may well do that. Thanks.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 08:55
    Yeah, I forgot you are of the opinion that one can live in continual rebelliin to God's truth and still be saved.

There is no need to expell the immoral brother as Paul instructed. Everyone who says Jesus is Lord is going to heaven.

Huh? When did I say that? Have you read any of my posts before?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 09:33

Can you possibly stop using the Bible as a weapon?

Now I see why FMF enabled you early in this thread.

All I have to say about you and Christianity is: You're doing it wrong.

Is this (what you're doing) YOUR view of what Christianity is?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 09:41
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Can you possibly stop using the Bible as a weapon?

Now I see why FMF enabled you early in this thread.

All I have to say about you and Christianity is: You're doing it wrong.

Is this (what you're doing) YOUR view of what Christianity is?
    You just pouring rather unspecific scorn on Eladar is exactly what he wants, in my estimation. In a sense, it empowers his persona on this forum when you do. AT least dj2becker is up for some semblance of debate with Eladar.

It would be interesting to see which post of mine you think "enabled" Eladar "early in this thread". When he gets into discussions, his wheels usually fall off, in my view. I am interested in discussion. Eladar is probably more interested and motivated by your somewhat substance-free and therefor seemingly evasive opprobrium.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 09:56

Whatever gave you the impression that that is my view?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree