1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    12 Jan '18 15:10
    Originally posted by @eladar
    You are clearly being obtuse. Perhaps it is because you are blind.

Jesus declared that working on the Sabbath was OK because the Sabbath was made for man, man was not made for the Sabbath. Some rules were specifically for the nation of Israel while others for being in a relationship with God.

Actually homosexuality rules are the same. Homosexuality is ...[text shortened]... execute homosexuals is no longer in play because that was specifically for the nation of Israel.
    I'm being obtuse? Crikey, has your irony meter just blown a gasket by chance?!

How come Freaky was able to answer my question in one clear sentence, and yet here you are wittering on and I'm still not quite sure where you stand on whether working on the Sabbath is 'evil' or not.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Jan '18 15:13
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    So do you turn on and off lights on the sabboth or cook food? Change a light bulb? Wash your car?
    The Sabbath that a Christian rightly observes is the Sabbath from any work intended to barter with God.

Rest from your work, take His as yours instead.

It's a mental thing, not a physical thing.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '18 17:16
    Originally posted by @proper-knob
    I'm being obtuse? Crikey, has your irony meter just blown a gasket by chance?!

How come Freaky was able to answer my question in one clear sentence, and yet here you are wittering on and I'm still not quite sure where you stand on whether working on the Sabbath is 'evil' or not.
    As you can see from the explanation, you asked a question which had both a yes and no answer.

Would you like me to supply the quotes from the Bible which I referenced?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '18 19:47
    So Dive, do you worship a God who at one period of time ordered homosexuals be executed?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Jan '18 20:01
    So Dive, do you worship a God who at one period of time ordered homosexuals be executed?
    Do you honestly believe the words of Leviticus are of divine origin, and if so,.......can i sell you a bridge?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '18 20:16
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Do you honestly believe the words of Leviticus are of divine origin, and if so,.......can i sell you a bridge?
    Why not ask that question of the liberal Christians around here?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 13:581 edit
    It must be consistant with the gospel found in the Bible if you claim to be Christian.

Just like this thread. Christians must accept the God of the Old Testament is the God they worship.
    The OT and NT are equally valid and should be followed verbatim?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 15:24
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    The OT and NT are equally valid and should be followed verbatim?
    You were raised Lutheran? You should already know about the New and Old covenants.

You do not put new wine in old wine skins.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 15:26
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Of course I believe the OT is of God. Anyone who claims to know God should. If they don't then why believe Jesus?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 16:44
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    The Sabbath that a Christian rightly observes is the Sabbath from any work intended to barter with God.

Nicely put.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 16:491 edit
    No I don't, I simply don't accept those scriptures.

I have come to realise that if God (via the Bible) cannot explain to me why it is ok execute someone for striking their parent or working on the Sabbath or whatever, then frankly I don't see why I have to compromise my conscience which tells me that it is wrong. So...either I'm wrong and I'll having out with the Lord one day...or..I'm right and he will thank me for using my common sense and not swallowing nonsense medieval torture and death doctrines.

I trust this is clear hate-boy?

You do however believe that you worship a god that commands the death of homosexuals and as god doesn't change you should be out there executing homosexuals right now.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 17:38
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    No I don't, I simply don't accept those scriptures.

I have come to realise that if God (via the Bible) cannot explain to me why it is ok execute someone for striking their parent or working on the Sabbath or whatever, then frankly I don't see why I have to compromise my conscience which tells me that it is wrong. So...either I'm wrong and I'll havi ...[text shortened]... f homosexuals and as god doesn't change you should be out there executing homosexuals right now.
    Why believe any of it if the parts about God's instructions to us are false.

Do you believe that God never spoke to Moses?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 18:47
    Originally posted by @freakykbh

So you can put food in the oven but are not allowed to do the mental calculation of how long it takes at 300 degrees V how long it would take at 400 degrees?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree