Worshipping a God who executed Homosexuals

Worshipping a God who executed Homosexuals

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Jan 18

Originally posted by @eladar
Try Leviticus 20.
Is working on the Sabbath ‘evil’ as well? Moses was instructed by God to execute the man caught gathering sticks on the Sabath after all.

E

Moves
12 Jan 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @proper-knob
Is working on the Sabbath ‘evil’ as well? Moses was instructed by God to execute the man caught gathering sticks on the Sabath after all.
Was there ever an order from God to execute a person for working on the Sabbath? Did Jesus ever say that working on the Sabbath was a result of evil in a man's heart?

Besides, he was asking where God ordered homosexuals executed. I simply told him where to look.

This thread is asking why anyone who disagreed with such a statement would call themselves a Christian. Why would they want to?

Senecio Jacobaea

Yorkshire

Moves
12 Jan 18

Thou shalt not kill seems a good enough reason to me.

E

Moves
12 Jan 18

Originally posted by @ragwort
Thou shalt not kill seems a good enough reason to me.
That is why people who think killing homosexuals is inherently evil should worship a God who ordered homosexuals executed?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Jan 18

Was there ever an order from God to execute a person for working on the Sabbath? Did Jesus ever say that working on the Sabbath was a result of evil in a man's heart?

Besides, he was asking where God ordered homosexuals executed. I simply told him where to look.

This thread is asking why anyone who disagreed with such a statement would call themselves a Christian. Why would they want to?
Numbers 15:32-36 New King James Version (NKJV)

Penalty for Violating the Sabbath
32 Now while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. 34 They put him under guard, because it had not been explained what should be done to him.

35 Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man must surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” 36 So, as the Lord commanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died.

E

Moves
12 Jan 18

Numbers 15:32-36 New King James Version (NKJV)

Penalty for Violating the Sabbath
32 Now while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. 34 They put him under guard, because it had ...[text shortened]... l the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died.
Cool. Now what did Jesus say about his disciples working on the Sabbath? What did Paul say about days and how they are treated?

Now what did Jesus say about sexual immorality? What did Paul say specifically about homosexuals?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Jan 18

Exodus 31:15New King James Version (NKJV)

15 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

E

Moves
12 Jan 18

Cool. Now what did Jesus say about his disciples working on the Sabbath? What did Paul say about days and how they are treated?

Now what did Jesus say about sexual immorality? What did Paul say specifically about homosexuals?
Though Id double post since you did. Will you answer my questions?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Jan 18

Though Id double post since you did. Will you answer my questions?
I asked you a question first, which you are yet to answer. First post top of this page - Is working on the Sabbath ‘evil’?

E

Moves
12 Jan 18
1 edit

I asked you a question first, which you are yet to answer. First post top of this page - Is working on the Sabbath ‘evil’?
I amswered your question. Paul said that it is fine to treat all days the same. Jesus said that it was fine for his disciples to work on the Sabbath. Now tell me where similar statements are made about homosexuality.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
12 Jan 18

Unequivocally, absolutely and without question: not just evil, but abhorrent evil.
One of the most insipid type of evils, as it blinds the arrogant to the point of permanent searing.
This concept is precisely why several of the posters herein have such a problem with those who espouse a salvation which is dependent--- even a little bit--- on the works or effort of man.
Christ did the work, we get the rest.
Working on the Sabbath He provided is the equivalent of declaring His work deficient.
That's blasphemous and an insult to Him.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Jan 18

I amswered your question. Paul said that it is fine to treat all days the same. Jesus said that it was fine for his disciples to work on the Sabbath. Now tell me where similar statements are made about homosexuality.
I asked you a simple yes or no question and you responded by asking me another 7 questions. I’d hardly call that a definitive answer. You seemed to be unaware that God had commanded people be executed for working on the Sabbath until I brought up those two scriptures.

So Paul and Jesus disciples worked on the Sabbath - what are they not sinners?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Jan 18

Originally posted by @freakykbh
Unequivocally, absolutely and without question: not just evil, but abhorrent evil.
One of the most insipid type of evils, as it blinds the arrogant to the point of permanent searing.
This concept is precisely why several of the posters herein have such a problem with those who espouse a salvation which is dependent--- even a little bit--- on the work ...[text shortened]... ed is the equivalent of declaring His work deficient.
I tip my metaphorical hat for your clear unambiguous answer.

E

Moves
12 Jan 18

I asked you a simple yes or no question and you responded by asking me another 7 questions. I’d hardly call that a definitive answer. You seemed to be unaware that God had commanded people be executed for working on the Sabbath until I brought up those two scriptures.

So Paul and Jesus disciples worked on the Sabbath - what are they not sinners?
You are clearly being obtuse. Perhaps it is because you are blind.

Jesus declared that working on the Sabbath was OK because the Sabbath was made for man, man was not made for the Sabbath. Some rules were specifically for the nation of Israel while others for being in a relationship with God.

Actually homosexuality rules are the same. Homosexuality is sinful and those who choose to embrace it will not inherit eternal life. This is true for both the new and old covenant. Yet the order to execute homosexuals is no longer in play because that was specifically for the nation of Israel.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Jan 18

Originally posted by @freakykbh
This concept is precisely why several of the posters herein have such a problem with those who espouse a salvation which is dependent--- even a little bit--- on the work ...[text shortened]... ed is the equivalent of declaring His work deficient.
So do you turn on and off lights on the sabboth or cook food? Change a light bulb? Wash your car?