Would you vote for a Creationist for president?

Would you vote for a Creationist for president?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IM
Primal Primate

holiest of holies

Moves
29 Dec 07

Originally posted by bbarr
I could never vote for somebody who thought that the world was roughly 6000 years old. Somebody who could honestly believe something that absurd, in the face of all the contrary evidence, doesn't have the judgment necessary to be entrusted with such power.
that pretty much sums it up, i think.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 Dec 07

Originally posted by freightdog37
What if the person finds scientific evidence that compells him to believe in a creationist world, such as a young earth of 6,000 years; instead of millions?
Then they should share it with the scientific community for further examination.

a
M.U.T.I

Moves
29 Dec 07

Originally posted by kirksey957
Do you have a link where we could find out more about this?

Here you go Kirsey.
Huckabee explaining his take on evolution.

a
M.U.T.I

Moves
29 Dec 07

And you know what? I really like Huckabee.
Maybe I'm just being to hard on the guy.
After all I am a real softie at heart.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
29 Dec 07

Originally posted by abnoxio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXajXz4DF1w

Here you go Kirsey.
Huckabee explaining his take on evolution.
Thanks. He's ambiguous and leaves a way out. I also found a clip of him and Bill O'Reilly discussing it and he said he believes in a literal Adam and Eve. That''s pretty amazing to me. He'd probably do well to get Shwarzeneggar to be his running mate so people will forget about this.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
29 Dec 07

Originally posted by abnoxio
It seems that Mike Huckabee (the name "Huckabee" should disqualify him from the start) doesn't believe in evolution, at least not "macro-evolution" whatever the hell that means. I'm a die hard conservative, but I'm going to have a hard time voting for someone who has so much contempt for science.
I don't see how someone who still believes in fairy tales can be eligible to run a country.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
29 Dec 07

Originally posted by shavixmir
I don't see how someone who still believes in fairy tales can be eligible to run a country.
He is 35 years old and a US citizen. I think that is the only requirement.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
29 Dec 07

Originally posted by kirksey957
He is 35 years old and a US citizen. I think that is the only requirement.
Seemingly.
However, I certainly wouldn't vote for him.

MM

Moves
30 Dec 07

Originally posted by shavixmir
Like in evolution for example?

lp

Moves
30 Dec 07

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
30 Dec 07

Originally posted by Milos Miric
Like in evolution for example?
Yes, those copious amounts of physical evidence certainly qualify it as a fairy tail.

Unlike God, of course, for which there is no evidence whatsosever.

L

Moves
30 Dec 07

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Yes, those copious amounts of physical evidence certainly qualify it as a fairy tail.
I didn't realize fairies have tails. Must be the result of supernatural selection. 😉

d

Moves
30 Dec 07

Anyone that believes in judgement day has seriously poor judgement.

No, I wouldn't vote for a creationist.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Dec 07

Originally posted by LemonJello
I didn't realize fairies have tails. Must be the result of supernatural selection. 😉
ROFL, okay that was funny you made me laugh out loud. 🙂
Kelly

s

Moves
31 Dec 07

You know that Tony Blair recently became a catholic. He said that he hadn't before because people would start thinking of him as a 'nutter'.

I'm not sure how relevant that is really - his political judgement was the thing that was being looked at rather more closely. He made a statement later in his career that he felt that god would be his judge. Ref the insanity in the middle east where we get back to all leaders claiming to have god on their side!!!

This bloke Mike Huckabee doesn't sound as bad as some. At least at the moment he is trying to tiptoe round the more extreme positions.