1. Standard memberabnoxio
    M.U.T.I
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 15:25
    It seems that Mike Huckabee (the name "Huckabee" should disqualify him from the start) doesn't believe in evolution, at least not "macro-evolution" whatever the hell that means. I'm a die hard conservative, but I'm going to have a hard time voting for someone who has so much contempt for science.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 19:023 edits
    Originally posted by abnoxio
    It seems that Mike Huckabee (the name "Huckabee" should disqualify him from the start) doesn't believe in evolution, at least not "macro-evolution" whatever the hell that means. I'm a die hard conservative, but I'm going to have a hard time voting for someone who has so much contempt for science.
    There are two possibilites of coarse. One is that he truly believe what he says and the other is that he is saying these things to court the religious right. In the end a politician does what is politically expedient to get elected, whatever they percieve that to be. It is much like Bush who told people that he was going to get elected via the religious right. At first he was laughed to scorn but not to many people are laughing at him now......well.....that is....at least for that statement. 😛

Just to drive home the point after Bush got elected the Democrats saw the importance of relating to the religious right. They then promptly hired consultants to help relate to the religious right. This includes such people as Hillary and Edwards etc, etc. Odds are you will hear dogma from the Democrats this election go round that will sound somewhat "Christian-like" or even "Bush=like" to relate to the religous right. My guess is they will say something to the effect that we need to raise taxes to help the poor etc, etc.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 19:29
    I am not going to worry about creation or evolution as a test for
    president, but you can not vote for someone who is over 6 feet tall
    if you want, it is your vote.
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 19:35
    Almost certainly not. Such a person clearly values religion over science to a ridiculous degree.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    27 Dec '07 19:37
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I am not going to worry about creation or evolution as a test for
    president, but you can not vote for someone who is over 6 feet tall
    if you want, it is your vote.
    Kelly
    Generally it works the other way. People vote for taller Presidents over shorter ones.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Dec '07 15:40
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Almost certainly not. Such a person clearly values religion over science to a ridiculous degree.
    It does not mean that unless you think your take on evolution is
    your take on science, which is as wrong as saying someone who is
    pro-choice is anti-life.
    Kelly
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    28 Dec '07 18:331 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    It does not mean that unless you think your take on evolution is
    your take on science, which is as wrong as saying someone who is
    pro-choice is anti-life.
    Kelly
    Your opinion on evolution is not high on my list of opinions to take seriously, sorry. I actually know something about biochemistry. You're quite illogical and even if you have a point are unable to express it as a general rule.
  8. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    28 Dec '07 20:25
    I could never vote for somebody who thought that the world was roughly 6000 years old. Somebody who could honestly believe something that absurd, in the face of all the contrary evidence, doesn't have the judgment necessary to be entrusted with such power.
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    28 Dec '07 22:35
    Do you have a link where we could find out more about this?
  10. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    29 Dec '07 00:33
    After someone who has so much contempt for the English language and ... nah, the list is too numerous. I think there are a lot more critical issues than how one believes the planet began and what happened next.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Dec '07 01:25
    Your opinion on evolution is not high on my list of opinions to take seriously, sorry. I actually know something about biochemistry. You're quite illogical and even if you have a point are unable to express it as a general rule.
    You do tend to worry more about the people than the points being
    expressed as a rule too, nothing new here either.
    Kelly
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    29 Dec '07 01:33
    Originally posted by bbarr
    I could never vote for somebody who thought that the world was roughly 6000 years old. Somebody who could honestly believe something that absurd, in the face of all the contrary evidence, doesn't have the judgment necessary to be entrusted with such power.
    In some ways it is a mixed bag with him. If he does indeed believe the earth is 6,000 years old, he comes off as rather ridiculous. However, I must say he showed his spiritual balls when he took Romney to task for his less than charitable attitude towards children of illegal immigrants and people who commited crimes in their younger days but who have turned their lives around and have contributed to society, but can't get a pardon so they can get better jobs. He just may be spiritually schizophrenic.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Dec '07 01:48
    I have a problem with someone who wears his "religion" on his sleeve.

Fred Thompson looks good to me.

Hey! This is a spirituality forum.
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    29 Dec '07 02:211 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    I have a problem with someone who wears his "religion" on his sleeve.

Fred Thompson looks good to me.

Hey! This is a spirituality forum.
    His wife looks better.

http://blogs4brownback.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/fredthompson_jmccarth_8441278.jpg
  15. Joined
    24 Mar '07
    Moves
    29 Dec '07 04:33
    What if the person finds scientific evidence that compells him to believe in a creationist world, such as a young earth of 6,000 years; instead of millions?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree