Wwjd?

Wwjd?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat

Another attempt at an insult? I'm honoured.

You would prefer hagiography.
But I think the best service is just to tell you the truth.

Moves
03 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Yeah. In “secret” means He didn’t tell anyone He was going.

That’s not a lie.
No, the secrecy explains the reason for the lie. To keep his brothers safe he told them he wasn't going to the feast, but then went in secret.

Still a lie.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Feb 22

@sonship said
PB1022,

I have learned that when Jesus said we can cast pearls before swine or give holy things to the dogs, who only turn to tear you, He was actually caring for such people.

Their nature just eats them up. That which is holy they trample on at once and turn to attack. I have learned that Jesus was not insulting them by saying them were swine or angry wo ...[text shortened]... to these reactions.
We have to ask for mercy for them and wisdom how to reach them with the truth.
Are you seriously referring to the garbage you post as pearls? As for 'swine', the only ones I see here condemning the commandments and teachings of Christ, referring to them as legalistic works salvation are Christian OSAS hypocrites.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

I think the reason Sonship and Romans1009 support each other is because of what they have in common, being the worship of their scripture rather than the message therein.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No, the secrecy explains the reason for the lie. To keep his brothers safe he told them he wasn't going to the feast, but then went in secret.

Still a lie.
You missed the word “yet” and obviously didn’t read the link.

No lie was told.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Are you seriously referring to the garbage you post as pearls? As for 'swine', the only ones I see here condemning the commandments and teachings of Christ, referring to them as legalistic works salvation are Christian OSAS hypocrites.
Jesus Christ said to love God and love one another.

You break those commandments repeatedly every day by mocking worship and prayer and bearing false witness against and insulting Christians.

Your lips may be near to Jesus but your heart is far from Him.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
I think the reason Sonship and Romans1009 support each other is because of what they have in common, being the worship of their scripture rather than the message therein.
You have no idea what I do offline - and that’s just the way I like it 😉.

And calling you out on your false statements about Jesus Christ and the Holy Bible is certainly nothing to be ashamed of and is, in fact, an honor!

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
You have no idea what I do offline - and that’s just the way I like it 😉.
I certainly don't, and neither do I want to. Brrr.

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
You missed the word “yet” and obviously didn’t read the link.

No lie was told.
Or you the word 'secret.'

I think it's pretty clear that Jesus had his reasons for telling a small white lie, due to the risk involved in attending the feast etc.

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
I certainly don't, and neither do I want to. Brrr.
I suspect it involves pickled eggs.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Jesus Christ said to love God and love one another.

You break those commandments repeatedly every day by mocking worship and prayer and bearing false witness against and insulting Christians.

Your lips may be near to Jesus but your heart is far from Him.
Notice the level of your comments. You are obsessed with me. That shows that something is sadly wrong with you. Its not about me, and it is not about you .

The issue is DOCTRINE - It is about the doctrine that you promote compared with the doctrine I promote.

I promote the commandments of Christ which is good works and righteousness

You promote profession of faith.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Or you the word 'secret.'

I think it's pretty clear that Jesus had his reasons for telling a small white lie, due to the risk involved in attending the feast etc.
Going someplace in secret doesn’t mean a lie was told.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Notice the level of your comments. You are obsessed with me. That shows that something is sadly wrong with you. Its not about me, and it is not about you .

The issue is DOCTRINE - It is about the doctrine that you promote compared with the doctrine I promote.

I promote the commandments of Christ which is good works and righteousness

You promote profession of faith.
Righteousness comes through belief and faith and is a gift from God.

“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”

(2 Corinthians 5:21)

You preach good works as being necessary for salvation, instead of evidence of salvation, and self-righteousness.

Your doctrine is focused on yourself.

Mine is focused on Jesus Christ.

Moves
03 Feb 22

@josephw said
Probably to protect his disciples.
In such a context it could be argued that Jesus told an altruistic lie, an untruth with good intentions. Lies can be damaging, but lies can also be protective.

Moves
03 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Going someplace in secret doesn’t mean a lie was told.
You need to revisit the text rather than Googling someone else's opinion.

You weren't even aware of the passage until I brought it up.