1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 02:26
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Go take a look and tell me what you think?
    I think it's one of the more decent forms of evangelism in America today. Takes attention from "personal testimony", which is not found in the Bible, and places it more on the "guilt aspect", though I still favor the evidential approach. Although the guilt aspect is a must for skeptics who aren't really searching for God.
  2. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 02:30
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    When I took the 'Ten Commandments Quiz' it informed me that I angered God when I sinned.

Doesn't that mean I have control over God?

Why do you equate anger with an emotion? I doubt it means God literally sits there in a rage over your sin. It means you've forced Him to take measures to fill His need for justice.

In that light, you "control" God as much as a criminal "controls" the police.

Previously in the quiz, it said that every time I get angry at my brother, I murder him in my
    heart. How come God gets angry then? Isn't He sinning (according to this site)?

Nemesio

Well, "brother" should be understood as Christian on Christian, so you've nothing to worry about. The point of what Jesus said is that we as Christians understand that we are forgiven by God for far worse sins, so to not forgive a brother is the height of hypocritical behavior.

It has little to do with the emotion of anger.
  3. Gangster Land
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 04:39
    Originally posted by Darfius
    I think it's one of the more decent forms of evangelism in America today. Takes attention from "personal testimony", which is not found in the Bible, and places it more on the "guilt aspect", though I still favor the evidential approach. Although the guilt aspect is a must for skeptics who aren't really searching for God.
    If it is so "decent" why does it seem to horrify and anger the very people it is supposed to be speaking to? ie non-christians.

Does your definition of "decent" evangelism not consider effectiveness to be important?

That website is silly at best and wholly counter productive at worst...and I'm a Christian!

good grief

TheSkipper
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 04:47
    Originally posted by Darfius
    [b]When I took the 'Ten Commandments Quiz' it informed me that I angered God when I sinned.

Doesn't that mean I have control over God?

Why do you equate anger with an emotion? I doubt it means God literally sits there in a rage over your sin. It means you've forced Him to take measures to fill His need for jus ...[text shortened]... e height of hypocritical behavior.

It has little to do with the emotion of anger.[/b]
    Not to forgive a brother is the height of hypocracy?

SO what happens if that chap who raped and stabbed his daughter in the 'Justify this...' thread turns out to be a devout christian - does he get forgiven too?
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 05:13
    Originally posted by scottishinnz

SO what happens if that chap who raped and stabbed his daughter in the 'Justify this...' thread turns out to be a devout christian - does he get forgiven too?
    Check this out.

Q: Some of us were talking about serial killers, and the question came up about whether or not God could forgive them. Most of us felt it wouldn't be right for them to go to heaven like everyone else, but what would you say? — W.D.

A: Dear W.D.,
    Human life is sacred in God's eyes, and deliberately murdering someone is a terrible act—so terrible that the Old Testament decreed the murderer must pay for it with his life. One of the Ten Commandments declares, "You shall not murder" (Exodus 20:13).

The amazing thing, however, is that God can forgive anyone who truly repents and puts their faith and trust in Christ for their salvation—even a murderer! Do you remember the Apostle Paul's background? At one time, he hated Christians and was responsible for the death of some of them: "When the blood of your martyr Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval" (Acts 22:20). And yet when Paul gave his life to Christ, God forgave him and used him to spread the Gospel throughout the Roman Empire.

Never forget: None of us deserves God's forgiveness and salvation. No matter who we are, the Bible says we all have sinned, and we all deserve only God's judgment. But the good news is this: God loves us, and Christ came into the world to save us. When we repent of our sins and receive Him into our hearts, God has promised to forgive us—completely and fully.

Have you made your peace with God? Have you turned in faith to Christ and committed your life to Him? Don't trust in your own goodness for your salvation, but trust Christ and what He did on the cross for you. Make your commitment to Him today.
  6. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 05:32
    Originally posted by scottishinnz

He was not your brother if he raped and stabbed his daughter. He might still repent and be forgiven, but he will still need to pay the civil penalty for his crime. If it had been a lesser crime, he might make restitution to his victim. But the penalty for rape and murder is death.

A Christian brother who commits a crime, even if he repents, still needs to make restitution.
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 05:371 edit
    Originally posted by Coletti
    He was not your brother if he raped and stabbed his daughter.
    LOL. You have a long way to go on the path to understanding Christ's message.
  8. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 05:59
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    LOL. You have a long way to go on the path to understanding Christ's message.
    Enlighten me.
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 06:032 edits
    Originally posted by Coletti
    Enlighten me.
    Why do you say the rapist cannot be your brother?

Do you believe that a sinner cannot be your brother?
    Do you believe that a terrible, terrible sinner cannot be your brother?

Do you believe that all men are sinners?

Do you believe that you have no brothers?

Do you wish to retract your claim that a rapist is not your brother?

Dr. S

P.S. I find it amusing that a person such as yourself who believes in pre-destination would issue an imperative.
  10. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 06:13
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I find it amusing that a person such as yourself who believes in pre-destination would issue an imperative.
    LOL
  11. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 09:57
    You can be lost all you want.
    Who said that?

Come closer...

It's so terribly dark in here...
  12. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 10:402 edits
    Go take a look and tell me what you think?
    I have seen the tv show. Amusing stuff.
    Have you seen the show with that nut from the creation museum explaining how Noah took dinosaur eggs on his ark?
    I can't wait to see the Fred Flintstone exhibit at the creation museum.
    Yabba Dabba Doo.
    Angela
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 10:43
    Originally posted by caissad4

Yabba Dabba Doo.
    The last thing the legionary heard before the Picts came over the wall.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 16:17
    Originally posted by caissad4
    I have seen the tv show. Amusing stuff.
    Have you seen the show with that nut from the creation museum explaining how Noah took dinosaur eggs on his ark?
    I can't wait to see the Fred Flintstone exhibit at the creation museum.
    Yabba Dabba Doo.
    Angela
    Have you ever heard the Christian song called "cartoon song"?
    It's cool but I don't like taht they say lets forget about Bevis and Butthead.
  15. London
    Moves
    13 Jan '06 17:30
    The site indicates that I can make God angry.

Does this give me control over God, since I can make Him do something?
    Just to point out - you're not making God do anything - you're making him feel something.

Does that mean you have control over Him?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree