1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 May '17 07:34
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Funny how those bound for hell believe all people are bound fir hell.

Whatever makes you feel goid about your rebellious state while you are burning time.
    The revolting smugness of the message the likes of which you and sonship propagate, does nothing for the gospel.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 May '17 07:35
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Sure. Which bit?

The interesting thing in all this is whether or not God impregnated marry with a new fertilised egg, or caused one of her existing eggs to be fertilised. Because if it was an existing egg then the gene for "sinfulness" is carried on the Y chromosome, which is the "male" chromosome. And if sinfulness is a gene, then it can theoretic ...[text shortened]... bryo development, which is probably in tandem with the X chromosome gene. Who knows. Not me.
    Bump for chaney3
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '17 12:35
    Bump for chaney3
    I just don't follow your theory.

A 'sin gene'? If you would like to explain further, please do.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 May '17 13:11
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I just don't follow your theory.

A 'sin gene'? If you would like to explain further, please do.
    I've posted it twice, what part don't you understand?

Here it is again:

The interesting thing in all this is whether or not God impregnated marry with a new fertilised egg, or caused one of her existing eggs to be fertilised. Because if it was an existing egg then the gene for "sinfulness" is carried on the Y chromosome, which is the "male" chromosome. And if sinfulness is a gene, then it can theoretically be identified and removed.

This could of course not be even theoretically scientifically sound as the Y chromosome triggers make embryo development, which is probably in tandem with the X chromosome gene. Who knows. Not me.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 16:06
    The miracle must explain how Jesus obtained the Y chromosome.

I will refrain from making this personal, despite your bait.
    You are Christian. You believe your god created the entire universe, the sun, Earth, moon, planets and such and created mankind. In order to create mankind it would have HAD to know about a lot more than just the Y chromosome.

What is your problem with an omniscient god being able to just go poof, and there it is, the Y inserted correctly.

Are you questioning your god's omniscient attributes?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 16:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You are Christian. You believe your god created the entire universe, the sun, Earth, moon, planets and such and created mankind. In order to create mankind it would have HAD to know about a lot more than just the Y chromosome.

What is your problem with an omniscient god being able to just go poof, and there it is, the Y inserted correctly.

Are you questioning your god's omniscient attributes?
    Well, it was something that I had never really thought about before, and was looking for the thoughts of others. A miracle seems to be the primary answer.

But, considering that God created Adam from 'scratch', the Y chromosome would be child's play.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 12:28
    I've posted it twice, what part don't you understand?

Here it is again:

The interesting thing in all this is whether or not God impregnated marry with a new fertilised egg, or caused one of her existing eggs to be fertilised. Because if it was an existing egg then the gene for "sinfulness" is carried on the Y chromosome, which is the "male" chromos ...[text shortened]... e embryo development, which is probably in tandem with the X chromosome gene. Who knows. Not me.
    Bump for chaney3 (again).

Get it now?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 12:44
    Bump for chaney3 (again).

Get it now?
    No, I don't get it. I told you I didn't get it last time, but instead of explaining, you merely posted it again.

"Sin gene"? "New egg"?

If this whole chromosome thing was a miracle, then where are you going with this?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '17 12:56
    No, I don't get it. I told you I didn't get it last time, but instead of explaining, you merely posted it again.

"Sin gene"? "New egg"?

If this whole chromosome thing was a miracle, then where are you going with this?
    If the embryo of the sin free Jesus came from an egg from one of Mary's ovaries which was supernaturally fertilised by a sin free God, then that would indicate that the chromosomes in the eggs of women are sin free and that sin is carried in the male chromosome. Therefore, original sin is carried genetically through the human male and therefore could, in principled at least, be cut from the genome prior to fertilisation.

If however the embryo of Jesus came from a brand new created egg which was implanted into Mary, then Christ was indeed a completely new Adam.

Are you with me?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '17 01:13
    If the embryo of the [b]sin free Jesus came from an egg from one of Mary's ovaries which was supernaturally fertilised by a sin free God, then that would indicate that the chromosomes in the eggs of women are sin free and that sin is carried in the male chromosome. Therefore, original sin is carried genetically through the human male an ...[text shortened]... which was implanted into Mary, then Christ was indeed a completely new Adam.

Are you with me?[/b]
    If Jesus did mot have to resist sin, then he would not have been human.

Being tempted by sin is no sin. Failure to resist sin is sin.

Here is how Catholics het around original sin...

https://www.catholic.com/tract/immaculate-conception-and-assumption
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '17 05:341 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    If Jesus did mot have to resist sin, then he would not have been human.

Being tempted by sin is no sin. Failure to resist sin is sin.

Here is how Catholics het around original sin...

https://www.catholic.com/tract/immaculate-conception-and-assumption
    Is your point that Jesus was sinful or sin free?

Not at all interested in what Catholics, thanks.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '17 09:36
    Is your point that Jesus was sinful or sin free?

Not at all interested in what Catholics, thanks.
    Sin free of course.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree