1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 04:47
    Originally posted by chaney3
    You do.
    It's not something that I believe in but I don't go around labelling it "BS".

I've been here over a decade and you won't find me talking in that way. One would need to feel angry, which I don't.

Plenty of people who are much cleverer than me in many ways believe in it.

So, what about you? Do you think that the concept of Jesus' birth being the result of a miracle is "BS" and needs to be referred to in that way?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '17 04:51
    Originally posted by FMF

I've been here over a decade and you won't find me talking in that way. One would need to feel angry, which I don't.

So, what about you? Do you think that the concept of Jesus' birth being the result of a miracle is "BS" and needs to be referred to in that way?
    The miracle must explain how Jesus obtained the Y chromosome.

I will refrain from making this personal, despite your bait.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '17 04:551 edit
    chaney3: Tell your pal Dive that Christianity needs more evidence before one commits their soul to it. I will hear his BS before I comment.

I will refrain from making this personal, despite your bait.
    If a Christian joins the discussion and states that they believe the circumstances surrounding Jesus' birth were miraculous, will you call it "BS"?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 May '17 06:27
    It can also be assumed that the writers of the New Testament had no clue about the necessity of the Y chromosome.
    Obviously so.
    But it must be noted that the writers of the New Testament did not invent the idea that Jesus was born without a father being involved. That came later.

I am not aware of how religious scholars, or the Bible deal with this 'problem' regarding the immaculate conception.
    Actually the 'immaculate conception' is the birth of Mary and was invented by the Catholic Church and doesn't involve a Y Chromosome at all.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 May '17 06:52
    What makes you think 'most' Christians have considered the chromosome issue?
    There isn't a chromosome issue, because it was a miracle. God created the Y chromosome, which was the miracle.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 May '17 06:53
    I want to know if Christians have considered the chromosome issue specifically.
    There is no issue, a least not one that you are articulating.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 May '17 06:54
    Then I question your Christianity.
    Have you decided if you are Christian or not?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 May '17 06:56
    Explain where the Y chromosome came from.

According to your posts, God provided it. Right?
    God did provide it, it was a miracle. That's what miracles are like.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 May '17 06:57
    So......the Holy Spirit provided the Y chromosome?
    Yes.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 May '17 07:02
    I think chaney3 may have some missing chromosomes.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 May '17 11:57
    Where did the required Y chromosome come from in the conception of Jesus, which comes from the human father?
    Do you have a sample of Jesus' DNA?

Luke 1:35 says "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

Details are lacking, but do you think that it is an impossible thing for the Creator of the Universe? Legend has it that he spoke Creation into existence; do you think it impossible that he could craft a zygote into Mary's womb from one of her eggs?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 May '17 11:59
    I am not aware of how religious scholars, or the Bible deal with this 'problem' regarding the immaculate conception.

It can also be assumed that the writers of the New Testament had no clue about the necessity of the Y chromosome.
    The "immaculate conception" concept speaks of the conception of Mary, the mother of Jesus, not Jesus himself.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 May '17 12:10
    Originally posted by FMF

Why don't you ask divegeester if one has to be "angry" to call out something as "BS"?

Sorry to disillusion you, but no "anger" is necessary. You often accuse people of being "angry" when nothing is further from the truth. It's just another way you put people down and belittle their opinions.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 May '17 12:14
    Your option #1 poses quite a problem for Christianity.

If you put your arrogant, smug attitude to the side, we can discuss further.
    He has been very honest with you here, I think you are finding fault where there is none up to this point.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 May '17 12:17
    Miracles likely still must maintain physical law.

Meaning, Jesus must have the Y chromosome. You are trying to input a miracle that NT writers were not aware of.

Meaning......WE NOW view the chromosome issue as a possible issue, which they didn't know.
    God did it

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree