1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 19:09
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You understand the "how", you grasp it, you fully "get" it. That's great. But you, too, are naive in that you are blissfully unaware of the "why".
    And that goes for 100% of the rest of the human race also.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 20:02
    You understand the "how", you grasp it, you fully "get" it. That's great. But you, too, are naive in that you are blissfully unaware of the "why".
    Do you realize that was sunhouse? He doesn't even get that he is full of shyte.

The Instructor
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 12:54
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I've finished most of it, the final mission before the credits was a bit of a fizzer, bet hey , you cant have it all.

I will try killing trev or mike next time just to see, the options presented for major heists and some missions make it a very re-playable game.

BTW, are you referring to the torture scene?
    I was referring to a random event (I think, might also have been Freaks and Strangers) where Trevor returns to his trailer (by now he's a millionaire) and finds his mother waiting there for him. She begins to shout at him, tells him he's a bad son and all and how he never went to visit her is jail. He falls to the ground, begins to cry, basically becomes a needy child. Finally she tells him that he needs to get out and steal a van of painkillers for her. He quickly runs out, wanting to please his mother and here you take over again, you have to find and steal the van.

When you've done that you return to the trailer. But his mother is nowhere to be seen and she never returns again during the game. I (and most others) assume his mother was never there in the first place and it all happened inside his brain. Why? Dunno. Guilt maybe. Maybe he killed her?

Anyway, playing Batman Arkham Origins now. Also very nice, but a tad unoriginal after Arkham City.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 20:341 edit
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    I was referring to a random event (I think, might also have been Freaks and Strangers) where Trevor returns to his trailer (by now he's a millionaire) and finds his mother waiting there for him. She begins to shout at him, tells him he's a bad son and all and how he never went to visit her is jail. He falls to the ground, begins to cry, basically beco ...[text shortened]... yway, playing Batman Arkham Origins now. Also very nice, but a tad unoriginal after Arkham City.
    Oh yeah ..... I missed that first time around. Maybe it's just another of the programmers 'jokes'.

There's definately some things I wouldn't do, but generally I think every town needs a Trevor or two

BTW: average age for a gamer in Australia is 32! wow!
    now I dont feel so bad at being one at 39 🙂
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 21:25
    Ha, well, I happen to be 32 (for another full 7 days that is). Not Australian though.

That actually sounds damn old for an average gaming age. Maybe they also counted Solitaire and Candy Crush as games.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 21:58
    Ha, well, I happen to be 32 (for another full 7 days that is). Not Australian though.

That actually sounds damn old for an average gaming age. Maybe they also counted Solitaire and Candy Crush as games.
    Been playing Assassins creed black flag but had to give it up because of the violence.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 00:36

People love to talk about how the typical World of Warcraft player is either a 12-year-old kid or a 40-year-old single man, probably alcoholic, living in his mom's basement. I turned 37 this month and I've been playing MMORPGs for maybe 15 years now. A huge number of players are married, with kids, in their 30s, with respectable jobs. This is common especially for what is known as the "raiders", the ones who play one or two nights a week in big multiplayer "raids" and are fairly serious about playing well and maximizing their efficacy to get better gear and to advance their characters.

I'm just saying the old stereotypes aren't all that true anymore.
  8. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 00:44
    People love to talk about how the typical World of Warcraft player is either a 12-year-old kid or a 40-year-old single man, probably alcoholic, living in his mom's basement. I turned 37 this month and I've been playing MMORPGs for maybe 15 years now. A huge number of players are married, with kids, in their 30s, with respectable jobs. This is common espe ...[text shortened]... o advance their characters.

I'm just saying the old stereotypes aren't all that true anymore.
    The young gamers have grown up to be middle aged and older gamers.

I play EvE online and my corps has a nearing-retirement truck driver,
    an ex-navy veteran, several middle aged family guys, as well as a few
    collage and mid twenties bods, plus the odd teen.

So we have pretty much the full spread.

Would like a better gender balance, but sadly eve has been pretty poor at
    attracting female gamers...

Don't know if its a community thing, or a lack of having any interaction on the
    human scale as opposed to spaceship to spaceship... or both.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 01:24
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    The young gamers have grown up to be middle aged and older gamers.

I play EvE online and my corps has a nearing-retirement truck driver,
    an ex-navy veteran, several middle aged family guys, as well as a few
    collage and mid twenties bods, plus the odd teen.

So we have pretty much the full spread.

Would like a better gender balance, but sadl ...[text shortened]... of having any interaction on the
    human scale as opposed to spaceship to spaceship... or both.
    I entertained the idea of trying Star Trek Online back when that first started. I was sadly disappointed by the various attempts at a Star Wars MMO, and so I heard the rather negative reviews of STO and never checked it out for myself. Never tried Eve Online either, even though I'm a huge sci-fi fan. I was really, really involved with City of Heroes before NCSoft pulled the plug about a year ago. I'm still in mourning for CoH. Far and away my favorite MMO of all time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree