1. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 00:10
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Cut n paste; Pope Urban VIII invited Galileo to papal audiences on six occasions and led Galileo to believe that the Catholic Church would not make an issue of the Copernican theory. Galileo, therefore, decided to publish his views believing that he could do so without serious consequences from the Church. However by this stage in his life Galileo's he ...[text shortened]... convict Galileo on a charge of heresy because of his belief that the Earth rotates round the sun
    That because the church thinks it's poo don't stink.
  2. Meddling with things
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 00:23
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    That because the church thinks it's poo don't stink.
    Have you ever seen the pope take a dump? There's no evidence for it whatsoever.

When the pope is elected he is invited to sit on a chair with a hole in the seat. A senior cardinal kneels and reaches up the electee's cassock and squeezes his testicles. Apparently the left footers elected a woman pope at one stage and ever since they've checked they've elected a chap! (this is possibly not true but I thought it amusing when I was told the story)
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 02:40

When the pope is elected he is invited to sit on a chair with a hole in the seat. A senior cardinal kneels and reaches up the electee's cassock and squeezes his testicles. Apparently the left footers elected a woman pope at one stage and ever since they've checked they ...[text shortened]... e elected a chap! (this is possibly not true but I thought it amusing when I was told the story)
    Well she could have a dildo in place, that would throw them in
    a tizzy I bet.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 02:44
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    I wouldn't mind seeing how well oilman functions at 200 meters .
    200 meters underground?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 02:48
    Originally posted by David C
    You know, you got punked in a debate over Galileo in another thread several months ago. I won't go 'round the Maypole with you on this...as for dj2, both he and you are entitled to whatever spurious beliefs you wish to hold. Doesn't matter to you, I suppose, that the result of those beliefs has stifled scientific advancements or degraded the human spirit since, well....Galileo.
    Well said. Christianity and Islam has held back the human race
    for the last 1000 years. Christianity even more than Islam, at least
    they invented zero.
  6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 10:58

When the pope is elected he is invited to sit on a chair with a hole in the seat. A senior cardinal kneels and reaches up the electee's cassock and squeezes his testicles. Apparently the left footers elected a woman pope at one stage and ever since they've checked they ...[text shortened]... e elected a chap! (this is possibly not true but I thought it amusing when I was told the story)
    Pope Joan
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    19 Sep '05 11:001 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well said. Christianity and Islam has held back the human race
    for the last 1000 years. Christianity even more than Islam, at least
    they invented zero.
    Christianity had a ~500year head start.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree