You wonder why I dislike religion? Look at this:

You wonder why I dislike religion? Look at this:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
14 Jul 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/09/us/pat-robertson-facebook-remark/index.html?hpt=hp_t5

He is one creepy dude. It wouldn't be so bad if he was just a Hyde park soap box preacher but he has millions of fellow duped followers.
You are still propping up false religion as if it were bonafide and then you are complaining about it........why?.

We know that the world has been duped by false religion.

False religion is found everywhere preaching their absurdities to the ignorant.

The 4 main false religions of this world are Islam Christianity Judaism and Buddhism

However there is such a thing as true relgion and the world does not know it.

The world does not know it because the world does not care for true religion because the world is absorbed in self.

True religion is something you do not know.

And you do not know true religion because you do not care to know.

I shall ask the question again.............

What are 5 differences between true religion and false religion?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Jul 13

Originally posted by Dasa
You are still propping up false religion as if it were bonafide and then you are complaining about it........why?.

The 4 main false religions of this world are Islam Christianity Judaism and Buddhism

However ther ...[text shortened]... question again.............

"True religion is something you do not know."

So, tell us.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
14 Jul 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"True religion is something you do not know."

So, tell us.
It is not that easy to sidestep the question.

If a person does not know the difference between true relgion and false religion then they are not qualified to discuss spirituality.

Its just like someone who does not know the difference between an electric car and a fossil fuel car..................and they want to talk about motor mechanical topics....... It would be farcical.

There is not one person in this forum that knows the difference between true religion and false relgion and they all want to discuss spirituality..........this is also farcical.

Giving you the answer is of absolutely no use to you because you would also have to know why those differences are relevant.......but you have no interest in such matters.

Understanding spirituality must come from the honest and sincere heart and only then may you begin to know the difference between true and false relgion.

You cannot know the difference from purely the academic perspective..................it does not work like that.

t

Moves
14 Jul 13

If a person does not know the difference between true relgion and false religion then they are not qualified to discuss spirituality.

Its just like someone who does not know the difference between an electric car and a fossil fuel car..................and they want to talk about motor mechanical topics....... ...[text shortened]... the difference from purely the academic perspective..................it does not work like that.
You're a stupid dumbass 🙂

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Jul 13

Its just like someone who does not know the difference between an electric car and a fossil fuel car..................and they want to talk about motor mechanical topics....... ...[text shortened]... the difference from purely the academic perspective..................it does not work like that.
What would I have to do to know as much as you know
about true religion and false religion and spirituality?

k

Moves
14 Jul 13

If a person does not know the difference between ... (Text shortened)... not work like that.
There is not one person in this forum that knows the difference between true religion and false relgion and they all want to discuss spirituality..........this is also farcical.

Are you a part of this forum?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Jul 13

Well you answered that one correctly, There is not one person in this forum who knows jack about true sprituality. That would also include you, which you probably were not thinking, since you know EVERYTHING about spirituality according to you. Guess what. EVEN YOU know nothing about true spirituality. ESPECIALLY you.

I have been saying that for years. NOBODY on Earth knows jack about true spirituality, its all in our imaginations. We live inside our heads and that is that, no god will be coming down to fix our boo boo's, we off ourselves in war or climatic disaster, that's the end of it. NEXT.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Jul 13
1 edit

Well you answered that one correctly, There is not one person in this forum who knows jack about true sprituality. That would also include you, which you probably were not thinking, since you know EVERYTHING about spirituality according to you. Guess what. EVEN YOU know nothing about true spirituality. ESPECIALLY you.

I have been saying that for years. ...[text shortened]... o fix our boo boo's, we off ourselves in war or climatic disaster, that's the end of it. NEXT.
I would distinguish between those that claim to know about spirituality FOR THEMSELVES ONLY and those that claim that their views are accurate for anyone and everyone, with absolutely no concessions.

I reckon that spiritual theories and practice are valid only for those that have cut their own path in life. Some of their views may coincide with others religions but ultimately it is up to the individual to create her own spiritual theory and then fine tune it as one discovers more about the world.
To just take on another spiritual philosophy without really having understood it is just cheap, lazy and ultimately misleading.

I would claim that I know a little about "true spirituality", but I wouldn't expect anyone to take any of my words as being true for them.
Only on your own steam can you discover different modes of consciousness.

The words are just fingers pointing to something greater, they are not to be taken as literal reality in and of themselves. When one gets muddled in taking (spiritual) words for reality, then one is instantly lost.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jul 13

I have been saying that for years. ...[text shortened]... o fix our boo boo's, we off ourselves in war or climatic disaster, that's the end of it. NEXT.
The main difference between Dasa's belief and yours is that Dasa has hope that by doing as much as he can that agrees with his ancient writings, that he will be reborn over and over until he has a life of perfection in which he becomes his own god. You believe you are your own god already and this is the only life you will ever have.

The Instructor

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
18 Jul 13

With the greatest respect I will say it again....

Because you are not qualified to discuss spirituality, your comments are baseless and redundant.

If you make an attempt to comment on spirituality, it would be as useless as a blind man attempting to comment about art................do you now see the point I am making to you Sir.?

Now since you do not know anything at all about spirituality you are not qualified to comment.

However you are permitted to make a genuine enquiry about spirituality and true religion........and the important word here is "genuine."

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
18 Jul 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
The main difference between Dasa's belief and yours is that Dasa has hope that by doing as much as he can that agrees with his ancient writings, that he will be reborn over and over until he has a life of perfection in which he becomes his own god. You believe you are your own god already and this is the only life you will ever have.

The Instructor
It has nothing to do with doing as much as you can..................but it is about rekindling our lost love for God.

When we love God in truth we return to God and not before .......and that is why we return to this world again and again so we can have the necessary time to develop true and pure love for God.

False relgion cannot develop in the person pure love for God because false relgion keeps the person in ignorance.

An ignorant person cannot love God in truth.

We cannot love God in ignorance............and that is why we must behave in a Godly way in truth.

Loving God in truth means knowing the difference between true knowledge and false knowledge.

Slaughtering animals is not behaving compassionately or kindly or Godly in anyway but in fact it glorifies false knowledge and ignorance instead.

This is because it is false knowledge to believe slaughtering animals is sinless.

Moves
18 Jul 13

It has nothing to do with doing as much as you can..................but it is about rekindling our lost love for God.

When we love God in truth we return to God and not before .......and that is why we return to this world again and again so we can have the necessary time to develop true and pure love for God.

False relgion cannot develop in the person p ...[text shortened]... ce instead.

This is because it is false knowledge to believe slaughtering animals is sinless.
why did god make the little piggies taste soooooooooo nice?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Jul 13
3 edits

False relgion cannot develop in the person p ...[text shortened]... ce instead.

You seem to think we are not animals. We ARE animals, maybe with a bit more intelligence and rulers of the planet and so forth but we are animals nonetheless. We have killed animals to survive for millions of years and we have had more or less modern brains for about 100,000 years.

So 1 million years ago when a proto human kills a bird or whatever for his food, he is sinning?

Or 100,000 years ago when a fully modern human arrives and he kills a fish for survival, that is sinning? or the same 10,000 years ago at the dawn of the modern age, an amerind kills a buffalo and uses the skin and bones and every part of the animal and gives thanks to the gods for such bounty where that animal provides shelter by using the skins and using the bones for tools and weapons, they are sinning?

It seems to me such judgemental attitudes is your problem not the problem of the world in general.

You blithely state humans have been around for billions of years on millions of planets with nothing more than a reference to some lost stories that cannot EVER be verified is just a faith based statement with no basis in reality and therefore with the examination of your extreme judgemental attitude combined with totally unsupported statements about humanity puts you on exactly the same plane as RJ Hinds in terms of credibility.

The more judgemental you are the more suspect you are.

And BTW, I could care less about the difference between 'true' religion and 'false' religion, they are exactly the same to me, abhorrent. I have said it before and I say it again here:

I want freedom FROM religion not freedom OF religion.

I want the freedom to be not ruled by the religious views of other people who make laws about matters of life and living, such as who marries whom and who can have abortions and who cannot, all based on a 2000 year old bible.

I want freedom from such rot.

Moves
18 Jul 13

You seem to think we are not animals. We ARE animals, maybe with a bit more intelligence and rulers of the planet and so forth but we are animals nonetheless. We have killed animals to survive for millions of years and we have had more or less modern brains for about 100,000 years.

So 1 million years ago when a proto human kills a bird or whatever for h ...[text shortened]... provides shelter by using the skins and using the bones for tools and weapons, they are sinning?
excellent point. we would never have developed our huge brains without all the protein from eating meat. we would never have survived the ice age without killing for furs.

Moves
18 Jul 13

However ther ...[text shortened]... question again.............

Dasa...

Will you agree that reality is that "which exists or is true whether we believe in it or not"?