1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 May '14 14:22
    I don't need a stupid video, think about this:

1: Look at the moon. You see MILLIONS of craters most from asteroid/comet impacts.

Think about what the moon would look like if all those strikes happened in the past 6000 years.

It would still be red hot, it could not get rid of that heat in such a short time.

But we know men have walked on the moon so we KNOW it is cool enough for that, that would never have happened without special protection so we know those strikes happened WAY before 6000 years ago.

2: We find at least 10 LARGE strikes still visible, some more than others, but detectable, on Earth.

If the Earth was 6000 years old, they would have all happened in that time span.

One of them, the Chicxulub crater in Yucatan was involved in the extinction of dinosaurs. It left a crater about 180 miles across and spread ejecta 1500 feet deep as far away as Bermuda.

Lets project that impact happening say 6000 years ago. There would be no plants left much anywhere or land animals from that one strike, the atmosphere would have been blocked out for years, maybe decades because of the incredible mass of dust blown into the entire atmosphere of the Earth.

Since YECers believe in the literal 6 day creation myth, which originated in Egypt long before Judaism, that the Earth came about say, on day 3? So in one day, a giant impact happened? Then the NEXT day, life comes out?

That would have been the result of only ONE impact. There were actually TEN that we know of, all having to have hit in the first day or so of Earth's life if that myth was correct.

So multiply the results of the Chicxulub by TEN and see how much life would have been possible on Earth at that time.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 May '14 14:32
    The Earth is 4,6 billion of years old. The Universe is 13,7 billion of years old. The universe will at least be hundreds of billion of years old until it fades away. The Earth will survive another few billion of years more until the Sun goes nova.

The Universe is still young, compared with what it once will be.
    The Earth will not follow the fate of the rest of the Universe. Not as a planet, sorry to say.

But to say that the Earth is only 6 thousands of years and that the Universe has the same age is to give believe the old Egyptian creation mythology but in a christian dress.

Yec's are wrong. A Young Earth is impossible.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 May '14 14:37
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I don't need a stupid video, ...
    But you are going to need something more than simple science facts and logic. Young earthers are immune to such things.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 May '14 14:38

1: Look at the moon. You see MILLIONS of craters most from asteroid/comet impacts.

Think about what the moon would look like if all those strikes happened in the past 6000 years.

It would still be red hot, it could not get rid of that heat in such a short time.

But we know men have walked on the mo ...[text shortened]... ts of the Chicxulub by TEN and see how much life would have been possible on Earth at that time.
    prepare to have your argument destroyed by barrage of rjhinds youtube clips of 3rd rate scientists from christian colleges filmed in the 1980's for the education of middle-american, sub-intelligent, cousin-lovin hicks, with open mouthed drool dripping all over their 'i love jeebus' t-shirts.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    12 May '14 15:52
    But we know men have walked on the moon...
    Pfff, that's what the guvamint wants you to believe. Don't believe that leftwing claptrap.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 May '14 16:101 edit

But we know men have walked on the mo ...[text shortened]... ts of the Chicxulub by TEN and see how much life would have been possible on Earth at that time.
    Your mistake is belief and faith in man rather than God.

I will repeat some of the facts below for everybodies benefit:

No one really knows how all the crators were formed. Some may be impact crators from asteroids while others are known to be from underground nuclear tests and from a volcano like this one in Hawaii.

Airplane Flying inside Volcano Crater Lava Lake Hawaii

YouTube

The Mount St. Helens earthquake and eruption not only produced a hugh crator but also a Little Grand Canyon from water and mud flows.

Mt. St. Helens Eruption May 18, 1980

YouTube

The Young Earth Creationists theorize that most of the crators on earth probably occurred at the time of the big flood that is spoken of by legends in most all, if not all, cultures in the world. A catastrophe of earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, storms, and even some asteroids or meteors falling to earth during the year long flood period probably produced the majority of the geological features on the earth in a relatively short period of time.

And for all the crators on the moon, there is evidence that many of what are impact crators happened very quickly.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    12 May '14 16:12
    "Crater"...
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 May '14 16:19
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    "Crater"...
    Sorry about that.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 May '14 16:20
    Moon's craters may overstate the intensity of early asteroid impacts

YouTube
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 May '14 16:29
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Moon's craters may overstate the intensity of early asteroid impacts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cckOICHO6Kg
    you've just posted a link to some research that ages some of the craters as at least 3.8 billion years old.

http://newsoffice.mit.edu/2010/moon-craters-0920
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    12 May '14 16:32

http://biblenumbers.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/moon-religion2.pdf

http://biblenumbers.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/mars-bloodshed.pdf
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 May '14 16:492 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    you've just posted a link to some research that ages some of the craters as at least 3.8 billion years old.

http://newsoffice.mit.edu/2010/moon-craters-0920
    I am just showing you proof as to how man keeps guessing and have to change things. Those ages they have changed and they will change again. God's word does not change, because God knows.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 May '14 17:39
    I am just showing you proof as to how man keeps guessing and have to change things. Those ages they have changed and they will change again. God's word does not change, because God knows.
    when was the last time you heard of a scientific the theory accepted as fact by the overwhelming majority of science turn out to be as wrong as saying something 6000 years old was 3.8 billion.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 May '14 18:24
    No one really knows how all the crators were formed
    I don't what crators are. Don't you know how to spell "crater"?

Because we all know the origin of craters, there are no problems with that. We know their ages and most of them are far older than 6000 years of age. Long before your creation of the universe.

Creationists maybe don't know anything about craters, but geologists know a lot. But the YEC crator we don't know much about.

What is a crator, anyway?
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 May '14 18:35
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I don't what crators are. Don't you know how to spell "crater"?

Because we all know the origin of craters, there are no problems with that. We know their ages and most of them are far older than 6000 years of age. Long before your creation of the universe.

Creationists maybe don't know anything about craters, but geologists know a lot. But the YEC crator we don't know much about.

What is a crator, anyway?
    the oxford hillbilly dictionary 3rd edition -

crator : the being responsible for the creation of the universe.
    pronounced : cr-aaay-tor

"mary-lou ah dun told you it was that there crator who dun made hadam'n'eve"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree