1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 May '14 18:49
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Its really quite simple. If the light left the stars when they were less than 6000 light years away, then they would appear to us to be less than 6000 light years away.

If they appear to us to be more than 6000 light years away, then supposing that they were actually closer when the light left them, does not explain the apparent distance.

If the hea ...[text shortened]... of knowing this as we would only see the stars as they were before the stretching and not after.
    The geometry is not that simple Mr. Programmer.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 May '14 19:51
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes it is since the whole heavens stretched by your god is bogus, as full of shyte story just like most of the other ones in your bible. Like your Egyptian 6 day creation tale.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 May '14 20:33
    As I thought, trying to explain it to you was a waste of time.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 May '14 20:36
    As I thought, trying to explain it to you was a waste of time.
    Well, thanks for trying.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 May '14 20:411 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yes it is since the whole heavens stretched by your god is bogus, as full of shyte story just like most of the other ones in your bible. Like your Egyptian 6 day creation tale.
    If you do not believe in the earthly things (6,000 years old), you certainly will not believe in the heavenly things (God stretching the heavens).

If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?

(John 3:12 NKJV)
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 May '14 21:291 edit
    Well, thanks for trying.
    Why are you thankful for my attempts when you had no intention of trying to understand it in the first place? Why did you even bother asking?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '14 02:28
    Why are you thankful for my attempts when you had no intention of trying to understand it in the first place? Why did you even bother asking?
    It may all be simple to you, but it did not make sense to me. Maybe a Youtube video would help convince me.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '14 04:54
    Scientific Age of the Young Earth

YouTube

There are thousands of scientists with graduate degrees in the natural sciences, who have been convinced by the scientific evidence that the earth is thousands of years old, not billions.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 May '14 21:49
    Scientific Age of the Young Earth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1GJjHXX0Ic

There are thousands of scientists with graduate degrees in the natural sciences, who have been convinced by the scientific evidence that the earth is thousands of years old, not billions.
    And like I said before, that compares to HUNDREDS of thousands of those same degrees saying YECers are as nutty as a fruitcake. They have ZERO science and I have said before they are not interested in scientific truth they are WAY more interested in conjuring political power to force YEC crap in a science classroom, but they are doomed in that effort too.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '14 22:181 edit
    And like I said before, that compares to HUNDREDS of thousands of those same degrees saying YECers are as nutty as a fruitcake. They have ZERO science and I have said before they are not interested in scientific truth they are WAY more interested in conjuring political power to force YEC crap in a science classroom, but they are doomed in that effort too.
    I challenge your claim that there are HUNDREDS of thousands of scientists with those same degrees saying YECers are as nutty as a fruitcake. I don't believe it. Did you view all the video?
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 May '14 23:34
    I challenge your claim that there are HUNDREDS of thousands of scientists with those same degrees saying YECers are as nutty as a fruitcake. I don't believe it. Did you view all the video?
    http://bit.ly/QOeHW4

oh and by the way, hovind and hamm aren't scientists. they don't have degrees. a diploma you get at a garage "university" is less useful than a toilet paper roll.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 May '14 01:38
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    http://bit.ly/QOeHW4

oh and by the way, hovind and hamm aren't scientists. they don't have degrees. a diploma you get at a garage "university" is less useful than a toilet paper roll.
    The above video has nothing to do with Hovind or Ham.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 May '14 04:313 edits
    101 evidences for a young age of the earth and the universe

http://creation.com/age-of-the-earth

The crater formed by the Mount St. Helens volcanic eruption

http://www.creationism.org/articles/swenson1.htm

Check out all the underwater volcanic craters

The chicxulub crater believed by evolutionists to have killed the dinosaurs is horseshoe shaped. The crater created in 1980 by the eruption of the Mount St. Helens volcano is also horseshoe shaped. What a coincidence.

Large horseshoe-shaped craters, open at one end, have long been noted in many volcanic regions around the world. The origin of these breached craters has been controversial, but since the landslide and eruption of Mount St. Helens in 1980, many have been interpreted by scientists as the result of a landslide.

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/Imgs/Jpg/MSH/30210600_056_caption.html
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 May '14 10:001 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The Earth is 4,6 billion of years old. The Universe is 13,7 billion of years old. The universe will at least be hundreds of billion of years old until it fades away. The Earth will survive another few billion of years more until the Sun goes nova.

The Universe is still young, compared with what it once will be.
    The Earth will not follow the fate of th ...[text shortened]... an creation mythology but in a christian dress.

Yec's are wrong. A Young Earth is impossible.
    I wouldn't go so far as to call it a Christian idea (or even an Egyptian idea adopted by Christians).

There are plenty of Christians who don't limit their God like that.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 May '14 10:43
    The above video has nothing to do with Hovind or Ham.
    it has nothing to do with science as well, but that didn't stop you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree