1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 May '14 18:51
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am just showing you proof as to how man keeps guessing and have to change things. Those ages they have changed and they will change again. God's word does not change, because God knows.
    So you don't think there is any proof of how 'crators' are made? You suppose they were just bubbles of lava spewing out into the open but including stuff like iridium that doesn't exist much on Earth?

You refuse to actually go to the trouble of trying to visualize the incredible energy involved in a mountain sized asteroid hitting the Earth at 50,000 miles per hour or thereabouts.

I don't suppose you remember that little incident in Russia a few months ago where a meteor, not even that big, tore into the atmosphere with the power of a few Heroshima sized abombs that injured literally THOUSANDS of people and that was just from the sonic boom it created?

Was that just some atheist conspiracy? Remember, that was recorded in OUR times not some ancient saying he saw a fire in the sky.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 May '14 19:32
    Some may be impact crators from asteroids while others are known to be from underground nuclear tests.

Originally posted by stellspalfie
    the oxford hillbilly dictionary 3rd edition -
    crator : the being responsible for the creation of the universe.
    pronounced : cr-aaay-tor
    Then everything is crisp clear.

The 'crator' may be known to be the result of a nuclear test.

What does our (in)famous Young Earth Cratorist say about this?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 May '14 22:11
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    when was the last time you heard of a scientific the theory accepted as fact by the overwhelming majority of science turn out to be as wrong as saying something 6000 years old was 3.8 billion.
    It is possible with God.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 May '14 22:303 edits
    It is possible with God.
    So when are you going to do the mental exercise I asked for, imagining 10 impacts of Mt Everest sized asteroids coming in at 50,000 miles per hour, all those coming in during the first few days of your Egyptian 6 day creation tale?

Whether you want to believe it or not, there IS scientific evidence leading to the inescapable conclusion the Earth got hit HARD at LEAST 10 times.

When you look at the moon, you see LITERALLY millions of craters, most from asteroid hits, some of them big enough to leave ejecta dust hundreds of miles around. What kind of atheist conspiracy did this:

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/136587/Copernicus

Why, when you look at the moon, you can't imagine any of those things happening on Earth? Especially since the recent Russian hit, atomic bomb level damage and that was just from the sonic boom shock wave. Think what would have happened if it had been aimed from a bit higher in the sky, not coming down as such a low angle but just slammed into Moscow instead. How much Moscow would be left?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 May '14 23:45
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So when are you going to do the mental exercise I asked for, imagining 10 impacts of Mt Everest sized asteroids coming in at 50,000 miles per hour, all those coming in during the first few days of your Egyptian 6 day creation tale?

Whether you want to believe it or not, there IS scientific evidence leading to the inescapable conclusion the Earth got hit ...[text shortened]... ng down as such a low angle but just slammed into Moscow instead. How much Moscow would be left?
    There were no Mt Everest size asteroids hitting the earth. That is stupid.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 May '14 01:471 edit
    There were no Mt Everest size asteroids hitting the earth. That is stupid.
    So explain how ejecta from the chicxulub crater ended up 1500 feet deep out as far as Bermuda.

I suppose now you will say geologists can't even tell where a rock came from.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 May '14 02:20
    I don't need a stupid video, think about this:

1: Look at the moon. You see MILLIONS of craters most from asteroid/comet impacts.

Think about what the moon would look like if all those strikes happened in the past 6000 years.

It would still be red hot, it could not get rid of that heat in such a short time.

But we know men have walked on the mo ...[text shortened]... ts of the Chicxulub by TEN and see how much life would have been possible on Earth at that time.
    So how does everything start from nothing? Seriously, if you don't know
    how it happen your arguments about what could and would take place
    seems rather pointless. If it started the way you believe it did, whatever
    that is than you have a valid argument, if it didn't than so what?
    Kelly
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '14 04:03
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Kelly
    He only knows that he does not like the idea that God did it.
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    13 May '14 05:35

Whether you want to believe it or not, there IS scientific evidence leading to the inescapable conclusion the Earth got hit ...[text shortened]... ng down as such a low angle but just slammed into Moscow instead. How much Moscow would be left?
    http://www.purdue.edu/impactearth/

love this site LOL

Manny
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 May '14 05:39
    He only knows that he does not like the idea that God did it.
    Without knowing how it started, than any conclusions drawn are all about
    processes that may or may not be true.
    Kelly
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    13 May '14 05:492 edits
    I will preface this by saying I do believe in a creator but once again the biggest thing that YECers have to overcome is the Light/Travel time problem and it is a problem. Scientists from what I've been reading are getting way more precise at measuring astronomical distances and less and less error so we know there are objects at incredible distances....mind boggling even and if the earth/universe is only 6000 years old we would be enveloped in a 6000 light year across universe and the night sky would be super luminous from all of the super close celestial objects not to mention the physical aspects of what that would mean like gravitational effects. There are a few alternatives for YECers but you have to bend all known physics to make these models fit and they don't really match what we see out in the universe. Sure God could create the universe and earth anyway He had chosen but I come from the premise that God is not deceptive and what we see out there is indeed there ( or was there and were just now seeing the light) I go back and forth on this a bit but I don't see a cohesive argument from YECers and silly youtube Videos usually don't cut it

Manny
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 May '14 05:57
    Without knowing how it started, than any conclusions drawn are all about
    processes that may or may not be true.
    Kelly
    That is utter nonsense and you know it. You are basically claiming that without knowing every detail of the universes history one can know nothing about anything. We both know that is not true. You are quite happy to rely on scientific methods when it doesn't conflict with your religion. Oh, actually, I forgot, you are the one who doesn't accept relativity, quantum mechanics and other areas of science despite relying on them every day for your computing needs.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 May '14 06:30
    Kelly
    You competing with RJ for the RHP Village Idiot Award?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '14 08:321 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    I will preface this by saying I do believe in a creator but once again the biggest thing that YECers have to overcome is the Light/Travel time problem and it is a problem. Scientists from what I've been reading are getting way more precise at measuring astronomical distances and less and less error so we know there are objects at incredible distances....mi ...[text shortened]... on't see a cohesive argument from YECers and silly youtube Videos usually don't cut it

Manny
    The Holy Bible mentions many times that God stretched out the heavens, so I believe that has something to do with the space/time and light/distance or the so-called Light/Travel problem.

It is something I am not really concerned much about since it is clear from Genesis that there is no millions or billions of years to be found there. It is also clear that the light was created before and therefore separate from stars, which may be just like storage containers to distribute light throughout the heavens.

As you mentioned there are many theories from the YEC point of view about this and one or a combination may be correct, but it is not important enough to worry about.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 May '14 13:321 edit
    The Holy Bible mentions many times that God stretched out the heavens, so I believe that has something to do with the space/time and light/distance or the so-called Light/Travel problem.

It is something I am not really concerned much about since it is clear from Genesis that there is no millions or billions of years to be found there. It is also clear th ...[text shortened]... out this and one or a combination may be correct, but it is not important enough to worry about.
    Well Big Bang theory also 'stretches out the heavens' but it still shows the universe to be 14 odd billion years old. BTW, the 'heavens' are being stretched out as we speak, the entire universe gets bigger second by second and there are parts of the universe we can never even see because light from those stars there are stretched out so far the light can never ever reach us.

Stretching out the Heavens, as you say, is no argument to use to support YEC, since we already know the 'heavens' as you call it, IS stretched and still stretching and we account for that fact and STILL come up with an age of 14 billion years for the universe.

AND you continue to ignore my idea of just IMAGINING the destruction of a Mt Everest size impact on the Earth, which has been, BTW, PROVEN to have happened in spite of your ignorance of the subject.

So once again, tell me how ejecta from the Yucatan made it 1500 feet deep of crushed and shocked rock, all the way to Bermuda?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree