1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '09 05:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And my point earlier in the thread was that it seemed to be more important for you to 'keep face' than to admit to an error. I consider that dishonesty.
    Again, what was my error?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Nov '09 06:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    Again, what was my error?
    Maybe I was too hasty. I apologize. It seemed to me that in the first few posts of this thread you changed your position quite substantially, but after reading them again it is possible that you simply hold multiple positions. I was too focused on trying to make a point.
    Just to clarify, can to state what your primary reason would be for dying rather than denying your faith at gunpoint? What would your secondary reasons be? Which of the secondary reasons would you die for? Which of them constitute 'love'.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '09 13:46
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Maybe I was too hasty. I apologize. It seemed to me that in the first few posts of this thread you changed your position quite substantially, but after reading them again it is possible that you simply hold multiple positions. I was too focused on trying to make a point.
    Just to clarify, can to state what your primary reason would be for dying rather tha ...[text shortened]... reasons be? Which of the secondary reasons would you die for? Which of them constitute 'love'.
    The primary focus of the Christian is their love for God. Therefore, doing his will is first and foremost. So what is God's will? Christ said that we should not deny him before men. In addition, it is God's will that Christians be light unto the world. So where is this light if we deny Christ at anytime? How will God's will be done in terms of men coming to Christ if we deny him to save our skin?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Nov '09 19:14
    Originally posted by whodey
    The primary focus of the Christian is their love for God. Therefore, doing his will is first and foremost. So what is God's will? Christ said that we should not deny him before men. In addition, it is God's will that Christians be light unto the world. So where is this light if we deny Christ at anytime? How will God's will be done in terms of men coming to Christ if we deny him to save our skin?
    Now I understand it better. Initially I thought that you were saying that one simply does not deny the object of their love ie you don't deny God simply because you love him. But you are saying that it is specifically because God (whom you love) has asked you not to deny him, and also to further Gods will with regards to spreading the message. It makes more sense.
    It is interesting though that initially you stated it as obvious when in reality the true logic is not quite so clear.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree