Your tooth fairy not mine

Your tooth fairy not mine

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
173d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It really does Kelly. Abandon the idea of a young Earth and you'll take a step in the right direction.
Where have you seen me argue for a young Earth in this, or anywhere for that matter? Take a step in the right direction and deal with the things I have been saying not things you believe I said and did not.

ENGLAND

Moves
173d

@kellyjay said
Where have you seen me argue for a young Earth in this, or anywhere for that matter? Take a step in the right direction and deal with the things I have been saying not things you believe I said and did not.
Is the age of the earth in any way important to you?

Moves
173d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
The Earth won't exist again. An eternal universe isn't a time loop. It isn't a exact repetition.

Good lord have you been binge watching groundhog day?
That's a strange movie. But strangely enough, my alarm clock keeps going off at 6 AM even when not set. But I like the song set for the alarm. "There's no hill or mountain we can't climb"

How can anyone possible know how a theory repeats itself? First we must have solid proof that the theory of repetition is not a theory. The next step would be to note how it repeats.....identical repeating, or not identical? Maybe a combinations of similarities of repetition? As was previously questioned, will the physical laws be the same exact laws....no more no less? Besides, in an eternal repeating universe, it's bound to have segments of identical repeating in every respect.

Perhaps there is always some eternal truth in anything which seems strange. In the movie, it seems that we keep repeating until we get it just where we want it. The only problem with the plot is that it is seem as a repetition only from an individual's point of view and wants. Now imagine everyone else involved in the repetitions wanting their own repetitions for getting at where they want it, too.

ENGLAND

Moves
173d

@divegeester said
How do you know this?
Pettytalk?

Über-Nerd

Moves
173d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I don't recall your having presented any argument for a young Earth. Nonetheless, that is what you believe, isn't it?

You also believe that all the species of animals and plants found on the Earth today popped into existence fully formed in a short period of time, don't you?

Moves
173d

@moonbus said
I don't recall your having presented any argument for a young Earth. Nonetheless, that is what you believe, isn't it?

You also believe that all the species of animals and plants found on the Earth today popped into existence fully formed in a short period of time, don't you?
Have there been found specimens of a series of animal changes? Forget the worms and butterflies, and the tadpoles and frogs. How about all the transformation a bat has gone through to become a blind flying mammal? I mean a series, and not just one feature. For instance did the bat become blind before growing wings? Do we have any evidence of bats with eyes and no wings? Or bats with wings and eyes too? Things like that, of that nature.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
173d

@moonbus said

I have admitted to believing in a young earth, BUT I also admit I can’t prove it! Even if the only thing we can use was the Bible to make the case. So I don’t bother with it because it is unimportant compared to processes involved.

I have said this too, that I can grant you all the time you want or think that you want, time doesn’t matter if the processes can not do what is required if chaos, chance, and supposedly pure material processes can accomplish what we see in the time YOU say we have.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
173d
1 edit

@moonbus said

I believe they all showed up at the same time suddenly yes. How old the universe is and life showing up are different topics, one doesn’t necessarily really have anything to do with the other. The old earth could be true, and life could still all show up at the same time, no different than a young earth.

That is quite different than Abiogenesis and Evolution since one is completely dependent upon the other.

Über-Nerd

Moves
173d

@KellyJay

Thank you for that clarification.

ENGLAND

Moves
173d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I have admitted to believing in a young earth, BUT I also admit I can’t prove it!
So when at the top of the page, you said:

”Where have you seen me argue for a young Earth in this, or anywhere for that matter?”

You must have been being dishonest. How else would several diverse posters here remember that you believed it?

Perhaps a better thing to do would have been to firstly admit that you DO in fact believe that the earth is about 6,000 years old (because you are a biblical literalist), which is the key point, and then maybe say you don’t remember saying so in this forum.

Moves
173d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
You've said it at least once Kelly. (Which is sufficient, unless you've changed your mind since then? )

Moves
173d

@pettytalk said
That's a strange movie. But strangely enough, my alarm clock keeps going off at 6 AM even when not set. But I like the song set for the alarm. "There's no hill or mountain we can't climb"

How can anyone possible know how a theory repeats itself? First we must have solid proof that the theory of repetition is not a theory. The next step would be to note how it repeats... ...[text shortened]... se involved in the repetitions wanting their own repetitions for getting at where they want it, too.
I'm going to take you back to the snooker table. When a new game begins and the cue ball smashes into the reds (played by a poor snooker player) will the balls end up in exactly the same places they did in the previous game? Why not? It was the same player breaking off using a similar amount of power, played on the same table?

No doubt a ball or two will end up in similar positions but the vast majority will not. Chance and so many other factors will ensure each 'rebirth' of the universe is different from the one that proceeded it, even if it is constructed from the same matter.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
173d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You've said it at least once Kelly. (Which is sufficient, unless you've changed your mind since then? )
Yes, I had to change my mind years ago, I even argued for it but had to change my mind after some study of scripture. As scripture starts by saying, "In the beginning God..." that does not set down a marker of time that we can then go on say meant day one when God starts working on the rest of the universe, it is an indefinite amount of time, so now, I don't know it the true answer.

ENGLAND

Moves
173d

@pettytalk said
The god gravity! Oh, you actually believe I took it literally? It takes more than a god of gravity to shape a planet, and make life possible on it. It takes a real God, one who can make gravity, which in turn will do all his work for him, so he can rest at least one day a week.
PettyTalk, how do you know this?

ENGLAND

Moves
173d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Yes, I had to change my mind years ago
So you no assert that you haven’t believed in a young earth for “years”?

Edit; and you now acknowledge that there is an indeterminate time between “in the beginning” and “on the first day”?