Your tooth fairy not mine

Your tooth fairy not mine

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
173d

@divegeester said
No it isn’t.

Your “opinion” isn’t the same as the opinion of scientific experts.
I never trusted experts. Once a friend of mine got an expert opinion from his doctor, and is still alive today, 20 years after the expert told him he had only a year to live.

And I trust even less your amateur opinion of experts' opinions.

Moves
173d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It explains the universe itself. How is that not an account of the totality of what we see?

In contrast you present a creator God who created trillions of galaxies (I'm assuming you believe that) and only put life on one planet.
Why do the cosmologists typically address the universe as the "observable" universe, if it's all there is of the universe? There must be more than meets the eye, as they say.

Moves
173d

@pettytalk said
I had a friend in Tennessee who used to make some good moonshine using a still, and the evaporation system. The collected condensation produced what the Native Indians once called, firewater. And science, in excess, like moonshine, will make your head spin.

With all the crunching and crushing, where is all the evaporation from all the boiling going? Our universe must n ...[text shortened]... cycle proof, if the cycles get mixed up. It's more of a tricycle, or a bicycle with training wheels.
Not entirely sure how it works old chap but the universe seems to have it covered.

Moves
173d

@kellyjay said
No, the universe itself includes both the material and immaterial pieces of the whole, not just an object of "the universe" but every one of the bits and pieces that make up the whole, your explanation does not deal with life, morals, none of the systems we see within the universe that deals with hierarchy of information-driven systems within life, none of the properties tha ...[text shortened]... details in this universe and instead deals with some hypothetical ones not part of this discussion.
It really does Kelly. Abandon the idea of a young Earth and you'll take a step in the right direction.

Moves
173d

@pettytalk said
Why do the cosmologists typically address the universe as the "observable" universe, if it's all there is of the universe? There must be more than meets the eye, as they say.
Difficult to discuss something that isn't observable. (Although I guess you chaps do that with the divine).

ENGLAND

Moves
173d

@pettytalk said
I never trusted experts.
This has become very apparent from your recent posting.

ENGLAND

Moves
173d

@divegeester said
You need to be at the big bang personally witnessing it in order to accept that is true?
PettyTalk?

Moves
173d

@divegeester said
You need to be at the big bang personally witnessing it in order to accept that is true?
Yes, just like any good professing atheist wants to be there, to personally witness the miracles performed by God.

Moves
173d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Difficult to discuss something that isn't observable. (Although I guess you chaps do that with the divine).
I do it for both sides, as I'm partial to sight. Are not the invisible laws of physics divine? We accept them by their effect they have on us, don't you? Are you not grounded by an invisible force?

Moves
173d

@pettytalk said
I do it for both sides, as I'm partial to sight. Are not the invisible laws of physics divine? We accept them by their effect they have on us, don't you? Are you not grounded by an invisible force?
Perhaps, but it isn't divine.

When I referenced previously the 'god of gravity' it wasn't said in a literal sense. (Only in that it shaped the planet we inhabit, making life and evolution possible).

Moves
173d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It really does Kelly. Abandon the idea of a young Earth and you'll take a step in the right direction.
Will not the earth be young again in the next repetition? Besides, I'm certain that KellyJay, like any faithful person of his persuasion, will not seriously care how old this earth is, as he's patiently waiting on a new earth to be created.

Moves
173d

@pettytalk said
Will not the earth be young again in the next repetition? Besides, I'm certain that KellyJay, like any faithful person of his persuasion, will not seriously care how old this earth is, as he's patiently waiting on a new earth to be created.
The Earth won't exist again. An eternal universe isn't a time loop. It isn't a exact repetition.

Good lord have you been binge watching groundhog day?

ENGLAND

Moves
173d

@pettytalk said
Yes, just like any good professing atheist wants to be there, to personally witness the miracles performed by God.
Your mindset is typical of what’s fuelling the contemporary wave of paranoia and conspiracy theories.

Moves
173d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Perhaps, but it isn't divine.

When I referenced previously the 'god of gravity' it wasn't said in a literal sense. (Only in that it shaped the planet we inhabit, making life and evolution possible).
The god gravity! Oh, you actually believe I took it literally? It takes more than a god of gravity to shape a planet, and make life possible on it. It takes a real God, one who can make gravity, which in turn will do all his work for him, so he can rest at least one day a week.

ENGLAND

Moves
173d

@pettytalk said
The god gravity! Oh, you actually believe I took it literally? It takes more than a god of gravity to shape a planet, and make life possible on it. It takes a real God, one who can make gravity, which in turn will do all his work for him, so he can rest at least one day a week.
How do you know this?