1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91589
    14 Dec '16 09:59
    So it has come back to this again ....

    Zen is seen as the refinement of Buddhist "thought".
    It was born with the Buddha in India, travelled via China, and was sharpened into a hammer in Japan.
    Or so it is simplified,by some like me, however: there is nothing more complex.

    Ideas?
  2. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    14 Dec '16 11:08
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So it has come back to this again ....

    Zen is seen as the refinement of Buddhist "thought".
    It was born with the Buddha in India, travelled via China, and was sharpened into a hammer in Japan.
    Or so it is simplified,by some like me, however: there is nothing more complex.

    Ideas?
    Thank God there's nothing "complex" about how to get into eternity.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86348
    14 Dec '16 11:242 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    Thank God there's nothing "complex" about how to get into eternity.
    It is said that with a God a thousand years is as only one day.

    With you "one year" is as only one month 😉
  4. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    14 Dec '16 11:46
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Ideas?
    Everyone thinks that they either have 'the refinement' of their particular religion or 'the unadulterated original'.
  5. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    14 Dec '16 12:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It is said that with a God a thousand years is as only one day.

    With you "one year" is as only one month 😉
    Has it been that long? 🙂

    I haven't gone anywhere, and I've kept up with the reading. I guess I just got bored with myself! After all, I've been wrangling with you guys for ten years now. How am I supposed to simply quit a bad habit overnight? 😉
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91589
    14 Dec '16 22:27
    Originally posted by josephw
    Thank God there's nothing "complex" about how to get into eternity.
    You just have to die with JC in your heart, or some version of this?

    Why do you always have to wait for death in Cristianity?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91589
    14 Dec '16 22:291 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Everyone thinks that they either have 'the refinement' of their particular religion or 'the unadulterated original'.
    Agrreed.

    I have refined my practice but as to understanding this as a "living truth", you either do or you don't. And I don't. Not yet anyway.

    (btw I did start this thread after my toing and froing with you on the other thread. Seeing if that which I hold to be true to be nothing but an elaborate hoax would ,possibly, shake my world. So I bring it back here and possibly I will find something I have missed. )
  8. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    14 Dec '16 23:251 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So it has come back to this again ....

    Zen is seen as the refinement of Buddhist "thought".
    It was born with the Buddha in India, travelled via China, and was sharpened into a hammer in Japan.
    Or so it is simplified,by some like me, however: there is nothing more complex.

    Ideas?
    mind and senses purified
    free from desire

    Zen
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86348
    14 Dec '16 23:48
    Originally posted by josephw
    Has it been that long? 🙂

    I haven't gone anywhere, and I've kept up with the reading. I guess I just got bored with myself! After all, I've been wrangling with you guys for ten years now. How am I supposed to simply quit a bad habit overnight? 😉
    About a month ago you announced in the GF that you were leaving for what would be about a year.
  10. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    15 Dec '16 00:56
    Originally posted by divegeester
    About a month ago you announced in the GF that you were leaving for what would be about a year.
    Well, it's good to see you've been paying attention? 😉

    Are you disappointed? Do you feel I'm obligated, or am I free to change my mind? 🙂
  11. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    15 Dec '16 01:04
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You just have to die with JC in your heart, or some version of this?

    Why do you always have to wait for death in Cristianity?
    "You just have to die with JC in your heart, or some version of this?"

    No. You have to "live with JC in your heart".

    "Why do you always have to wait for death in Christianity?"

    Where did you get that idea? Eternal life is a gift. Once received one never dies.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86348
    15 Dec '16 05:27
    Originally posted by josephw
    Well, it's good to see you've been paying attention? 😉

    Are you disappointed? Do you feel I'm obligated, or am I free to change my mind? 🙂
    As in chess, it is wise to watch your opponents moves. 😛
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86348
    15 Dec '16 05:301 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Are you disappointed? Do you feel I'm obligated, or am I free to change my mind? 🙂
    No I am pleased you changed your mind and are back, I think the diversity of posting on these boards is enriched by the spectrum of styles and attitudes of the people contributing. Without this dynamic these forums would be dead.
  14. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    15 Dec '16 05:36
    Originally posted by karoly aczel to josephw
    Why do you always have to wait for death in Cristianity?
    Christians just tell themselves that they will never die. Problem solved. 😉
  15. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    15 Dec '16 12:39
    Originally posted by divegeester
    As in chess, it is wise to watch your opponents moves. 😛
    In chess one has an opponent. I prefer to look on the bright side in debate and refer to the other as a partner in debate, both committed to a resolution that shines the light on the truth. 🙂

    But looking at your game rating I think you better pay closer attention to your own moves. 😉
Back to Top