1. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 09:11
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    Wow what a co-incidence I watched a documentry yesterday about the Ali/Foreman fight (or maybe you watched it too) which made me think about this mythical fight between them when both in their prime. I think Ali demonstrated in that fight that he can come up with the goods when he looks outmatched and I don't think Tyson could live with him. I forget the f ...[text shortened]... re has been no one better than Ali than figuring out the tactics so he would easily get on top.
    Thr frist guy to beat Tyson was Buster Douglas he out boxed Tyson and kept his jab in Tysons face all night
  2. Standard memberboarman
    member 001
    Planet Oz
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 09:40
    Originally posted by richfeet
    Thr frist guy to beat Tyson was Buster Douglas he out boxed Tyson and kept his jab in Tysons face all night
    Yes but in this fight Mike Tyson thought he just had to show up ,by now he was so sure of himself and didnt think anyone was capable of beating him after all his previous fights ,you know he was hitting blokes through the ring and had beaten allcomers.
  3. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 10:45
    Originally posted by boarman
    Yes but in this fight Mike Tyson thought he just had to show up ,by now he was so sure of himself and didnt think anyone was capable of beating him after all his previous fights ,you know he was hitting blokes through the ring and had beaten allcomers.
    The only person Tyson beat from 86-91 who anyone thought had a chance was Spinks. These "allcomers" were mostly bums.

Trevor Berbick, James Smith, Pinklon Thomas, Tony Tucker, Tyrell Biggs, (an over the hill) Larry Holmes, Tony Tubbs, Michael Spinks, Frank Bruno and Carl Williams were probably the "best" around at the time but none are going to make anyone's top 100 list of great heavyweights (as I've said, Holmes was over the hill by at least 4 years by then)

Tyson was a bully in an era with poor competition. Even in his prime the "baddest man on the planet" would have been humilitated by Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Holmes, Lewis, Bowe, Holyfield etc in theirs.
  4. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 11:22
    Yeah that's right I remember now thanks, I was very suprised at the time, he found the right way to handle Tyson that night
  5. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 11:221 edit
    To AngryBoy's post;

Spot on brother!
  6. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 11:23
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    The only person Tyson beat from 86-91 who anyone thought had a chance was Spinks. These "allcomers" were mostly bums.

Trevor Berbick, James Smith, Pinklon Thomas, Tony Tucker, Tyrell Biggs, (an over the hill) Larry Holmes, Tony Tubbs, Michael Spinks, Frank Bruno and Carl Williams were probably the "best" around at the time but none are going to make any ...[text shortened]... been humilitated by Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Holmes, Lewis, Bowe, Holyfield etc in theirs.
    I too thought Spinks would give him a real fight, even though Spinks had come up from being a light heavyweight I thought he would outbox Tyson, how wrong was I though
  7. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 15:22
    Originally posted by Angry Boy

Trevor Berbick, James Smith, Pinklon Thomas, Tony Tucker, Tyrell Biggs, (an over the hill) Larry Holmes, Tony Tubbs, Michael Spinks, Frank Bruno and Carl Williams were probably the "best" around at the time but none are going to make any ...[text shortened]... been humilitated by Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Holmes, Lewis, Bowe, Holyfield etc in theirs.
    I agree 100 percent Tyson was a flash in the pan.....
  8. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 19:19
    ALI Ali would DESTROY Tyson....... Ali could box, Tyson was just a slugger and a boxer will beat a slugger every time.
    Tyson in his prime would kill Ali! If you look at Ali's fights, they are boring! He just stands there and sissy hits his opponent!
  9. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 19:48
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    Tyson in his prime would kill Ali! If you look at Ali's fights, they are boring! He just stands there and sissy hits his opponent!
    Ali in his prime would murder Ttyson when ALIwas younger BEFORE they took his title he was fast and all most impossible to hit he faught Sonny Liston in 1964 Sonny hit harder then TYSON and could box ALI destroyed him and won the title the frist time the US goverment striped ALI OF HIS TITLE IN 1967 ALI REFUSED TO GO TO NAM HE CAME BACK IN 1970 AND WAS STILL GOOD HE WON THE TITLE TWICE IN THE 70S BUT HE WAS NEVER QUITE THE SAME AS HE WAS IN THE EARLY 60S HE LOST SOME OF HIS SPEED AND WAS GETTING HIT MORE BUY HE STILL BEAT HARD CHARGING JOE FRAZIER AND A YOUNG HARD HITTING GEORGE FOREMAN ,FOREMAN WAS THE HARDEST PUNCHER INHEAVEYWEIGHT HISTORY AND STILL IS!!!!!!!!!
  10. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 19:55
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

That's a good one!
  11. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 01:09
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

That's a good one!
    yech lol ha-ha lol what a moron lol
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 03:12
    I think Tyson might have bit Ali's ear off thats if he could catch Ali. Man Tyson was a big Dummy and still is. I think Foman in his is prime would have been a good fight with Tyson. I doubt Tyson would have knocked out Forman though.

Manny
  13. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 13:58
    Originally posted by menace71
    I think Tyson might have bit Ali's ear off thats if he could catch Ali. Man Tyson was a big Dummy and still is. I think Foman in his is prime would have been a good fight with Tyson. I doubt Tyson would have knocked out Forman though.

Manny
    Foman was good, but if you'e looking fo a eally good fighte you should check out George Forman.

😉
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 17:21
    🙂 how about Forman from that 70's show ??
  15. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '06 04:57
    [b]Ali in his prime would murder Tyson ...
    the best Cassius Clay would always be better than Tyson

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree