1. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 12:44
    Imagine the Boxer that Tyson would have been in the same era as Ali when he wouldn't have had King and all the rest of the extraneous stuff which eventually led to his downfall.

Imagine the Boxer Ali would have been today without all religious and political stuff which has created a kind of mystical aura around him as if he didn't lose fights he should of won because of his blind arrogance.

I do think that both Boxers fully fit and absolutely concentrated on their sport in a ring against each other would be the greatest fight of all time. Ali with his superior technique and intelligence would give Tyson problems like no other boxer.

But the raw natural power and speed of a Tyson in full destruction mode without a thought or care about anything but destroying what is in front of him would destroy Ali.

Ali though for the rematch I'm sure would have come up with sme strategy that would have turned the fight in his favor.
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 14:29
    Ali vs Tyson who would win?

DON KING !!!
  3. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 20:03
    Originally posted by kcams
    [b]But the raw natural power and speed of a Tyson in full destruction mode without a thought or care about anything but destroying what is in front of him would destroy Ali. b]
    Tyson "in full destruction mode without a thought or care about anything" would get his ears boxed off by Ali. He was a one trick pony and unless Ali offered him his chin Tyson would be lucky to lay a glove on him before being boxed senseless.

As Ali himself said "I'm too fast"
  4. washington
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 08:43
    first of all tyson was as fast if not faster than ali and hit a lot herder. then who wants to see ali dance around tyson all ring we want a fight not just a long show. i think tyson vs. joe fraser would be a 10 times better fight. you know someone is going to get knoked out and knoked out fast.
  5. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 10:27
    Originally posted by kmac27
    first of all tyson was as fast if not faster than ali and hit a lot herder. then who wants to see ali dance around tyson all ring we want a fight not just a long show. i think tyson vs. joe fraser would be a 10 times better fight. you know someone is going to get knoked out and knoked out fast.
    How eloquent - that's me well and truly told 😀

There have been plenty of big punchers but they weren't all world champions were they? You have to be able to box to reach the top. Ali had it all, he could box with speed, footwork and had the ring craft and tactical nous that few boxers had shown before or since. Tyson had a big punch and a fear factor.

Tyson didn't need much else in the era he fought, he had no competition (see my previous post). Ali fought and beat great champions Liston, Frazier and Foreman and many others like Spinks, Norton and Shavers who were all way better than the bums Tyson fought. In the same ring as Foreman he'd have been clubbed to the canas by the bigger man, better boxer and just as heavy a puncher. Against Ali he'd be lucky to lay a decent glove on him.

If you want to know what would have happened in a fight between Ali and Tyson then check out Tyson v Lewis. The unfazed, confident, bigger man and better boxer made a fool out of "The baddest man on the planet"
  6. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 11:38
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    Tyson in his prime would kill Ali! If you look at Ali's fights, they are boring! He just stands there and sissy hits his opponent!
    you obviously didn't see the genius in his fights. i guess they seemed boring to you because THEY WERE BORING TO HIM. nobody could hang with him. he just toyed with everyone cause it didn't matter. he would beat them anyway.
  7. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 12:03
    Originally posted by Stockton
    you obviously didn't see the genius in his fights. i guess they seemed boring to you because THEY WERE BORING TO HIM. nobody could hang with him. he just toyed with everyone cause it didn't matter. he would beat them anyway.
    I've seen ALL his fights. What I saw in most of them was a scared bum in one corner and a confident big puncher in the other.
  8. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 22:57
    Originally posted by richfeet
    Thr frist guy to beat Tyson was Buster Douglas he out boxed Tyson and kept his jab in Tysons face all night
    That and the fact that Tyson was up all night chasing whores in Tokyo prior to the fight.
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    30 Dec '06 13:32
    Originally posted by slimjim
    That and the fact that Tyson was up all night chasing whores in Tokyo prior to the fight.
    "That's a lie! I am not a recluse!"
    Mike Tyson on being asked if he were a recluse and a rapist.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '06 02:36
    Originally posted by richfeet
    ALI Ali would DESTROY Tyson....... Ali could box, Tyson was just a slugger and a boxer will beat a slugger every time.
    Ali would clean his clock. I can't say for certain whether one has the edge physically over the other, but mentally Ali has him beaten a 1000 times over. Yep, there is no doubt about it, your greatest weapon is your mind and Ali had one of the greatest minds in the history of boxing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree