1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 14:401 edit
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Federer played well. Djoko got a set, remember - and almost got his second, in one game.

Richard
    ....and, it was their first meeting on grass, and Fed may be the best grass player in the world since Sampras.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 15:482 edits
    English victory. English victory, Scots defeat. You know how it goes; this tournament is broadcast by the BBC, not by Ayrshire TV.

Richard
    No its not an English victory or as Scottish defeat its the first British male tennis player to reach the finals for a zillion years. There are no Scottish or English tennisplayers there are only British.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 15:49
    Federer played well. Djoko got a set, remember - and almost got his second, in one game.

Richard
    Does that really answer the question though, the fact that it was a close game is only relevant if we can say for sure both players were firing on all four cylinders. but Djokovic looked under par to me.
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 15:58
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    ....and, it was their first meeting on grass, and Fed may be the best grass player in the world since Sampras.
    I did not realise that, but I am in no doubt about Federer's place in the tennis hall of fame, definitely the best overall tennis player I can remember and my memories go back as far as the late 60s.

However I think Murray will either crack up, or play the game of his life tomorrow, and if it is the latter I think he can beat the Federer I watched yesterday.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 16:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No its not an English victory or as Scottish defeat its the first British male tennis player to reach the finals for a zillion years. There are no Scottish or English tennisplayers there are only British.
    Never mind the commentator's robbie He will have the British crowd rooting for him and they know which kingdom He hails from.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 16:131 edit
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    I did not realise that, but I am in no doubt about Federer's place in the tennis hall of fame, definitely the best overall tennis player I can remember and my memories go back as far as the late 60s.

However I think Murray will either crack up, or play the game of his life tomorrow, and if it is the latter I think he can beat the Federer I watched yesterday.
    Fed is great, no doubt about it...but Sampras was a horse for many years.
    Sampras was by far the best power tennis player the game has seen.
    Fed is the best finesse player since Borg.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 16:30
    Fed is great, no doubt about it...but Sampras was a horse for many years.
    Sampras was by far the best power tennis player the game has seen.
    Fed is the best finesse player since Borg.
    Tsonga reminds me of Sampras for short periods of time, but not for long enough and not the same league.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 18:11
    Never mind the commentator's robbie He will have the British crowd rooting for him and they know which kingdom He hails from.
    Indeed, the United Kingdom!
  9. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 21:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Indeed, the United Kingdom!
    We in England don't really think of him as one of our own. We will jump on the Brit bandwagon, but, at the end of the day, he is just another hairy savage from above the border who will b anihilated by Federer.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Jul '12 22:38
    Tsonga reminds me of Sampras for short periods of time, but not for long enough and not the same league.
    Short periods....like a game or so??

No real comparison in my opinion.
  11. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    08 Jul '12 06:11

Tonga is too erratic to be compared favorably with Sampras. Too many unforced errors. Sampras was a workhorse powerhouse with superior accuracy.
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    08 Jul '12 07:08

LOL I was thinking the occasional rally, and the way he swings his racket like a pendulum when waiting on the base line.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jul '12 11:051 edit
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    We in England don't really think of him as one of our own. We will jump on the Brit bandwagon, but, at the end of the day, he is just another hairy savage from above the border who will b anihilated by Federer.
    I know, we dont really think of him as British either, but its the closest your likely to
    come to a Wimbledon finalist so we shall let you hop on the wagon. I was reading an
    article yesterday and believe it or not the 1966 world cup final was mentioned as
    another great British sporting moment? British? British? whoever wrote that article
    needs their bum felt!
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Jul '12 12:43
    Yeah - the United one.

Richard
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jul '12 12:441 edit
    The underdog for me, wherever they be.

But I am not sure if Federer played well or Djokovic played badly, We shall see.
    There is no doubt on that score, Feddie outplayed the Joker. Fed in 4.

Match time in 15 minutes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree