Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    26 Nov '08 10:53
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    How many did he score?

D
    Ha!

Is it in good jest or are you trying to make a point?
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 Nov '08 10:57
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Hey, right, congrats!

How did you like their performance?
    We played well, but should have won more comfortably. Fener's defence was in shambles during the whole game, so it's hard to say how much was our merit and how much due to their own fault.

We have been VERY inconsistent this season, so it's good not leaving everything for the last game with Arsenal.
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    26 Nov '08 11:00
    Originally posted by Palynka
    We played well, but should have won more comfortably. Fener's defence was in shambles during the whole game, so it's hard to say how much was our merit and how much due to their own fault.

We have been VERY inconsistent this season, so it's good not leaving everything for the last game with Arsenal.
    Now that is going to be a great match.

I'm sad for Luis Aragonés, though. After winning the cup for Spain, I quite didn't understand that move to Fenerbahce, really, but I knew it was going to end up like Ramos with Tottenham.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 Nov '08 11:03
    Now that is going to be a great match.

I'm sad for Luis Aragonés, though. After winning the cup for Spain, I quite didn't understand that move to Fenerbahce, really, but I knew it was going to end up like Ramos with Tottenham.
    Both teams are already qualified, so I don't think it would be that great.

I think he's very much to blame. Fener has a good set of players, they shouldn't be playing so poorly. Culture shock?
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    26 Nov '08 11:10
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Both teams are already qualified, so I don't think it would be that great.

I think he's very much to blame. Fener has a good set of players, they shouldn't be playing so poorly. Culture shock?
    That's my theory for Ramos as well... also, Luis had a big, big fight with the Spanish press, so it was also his way to get away from them without punishing the salary, IMO.
  6. Joined
    27 Aug '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '08 14:06
    Whatever, but today lets just take chelsea down!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 13:12
    I'm giving up trying to figure this team ut. I'm ecstatic over the win, of course. But where was that sort of effort against Stoke and Hull? Next week comes Wigan, and I've already bet my wife it'll end in a desultory draw.
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 13:35
    Playing Stoke is not as motivating as playing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Moreover, the win, performance and scoring bonuses are not the same, I presume, lol lol
  9. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 16:38
    Playing Stoke is not as motivating as playing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Moreover, the win, performance and scoring bonuses are not the same, I presume, lol lol
    True enough, my friend. But every game is worth three points, right? If, at the end of the year, Arsenal were to fall short because they dropped points to the likes of Man U, Chelsea, and 'pool, it would be one thing. That's forgivable. But to effectively take themselves out of the title race (and have to scramble to ensure their Eurpopean place for next year) because they're losing to newly promoted teams, well, that's just inexcusable.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 16:43
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    True enough, my friend. But every game is worth three points, right? If, at the end of the year, Arsenal were to fall short because they dropped points to the likes of Man U, Chelsea, and 'pool, it would be one thing. That's forgivable. But to effectively take themselves out of the title race (and have to scramble to ensure their Eurpopean place for next year) because they're losing to newly promoted teams, well, that's just inexcusable.
    Arsenal on their day can probably outplay anybody. But that is largely irrelevant as to whether they'll win the league or not.

The reason why there isn't a chance that they'll win this year is because of the lack of strength in depth in the squad and the lack of experience (failure to take "weaker" opponents seriously could be a sign of this).

D
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 19:16
    who gives a f'?

the top 4 are so boring...its the same shyte every year.

come on stoke 😛
  12. 6yd box
    Moves
    02 Dec '08 00:40
    Originally posted by trev33
    who gives a f'?

the top 4 are so boring...its the same shyte every year.

come on stoke 😛
    RATE THAT Trev...!
  13. LA
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 09:33
    Originally posted by spurs73
    RATE THAT Trev...!
    How can you call the top 4 boring?

Responding to a Spurs fan I remember a great 1-1 game at the lane last season and an even better 3-5 game in 2001 😛

United make the trip to Spurs next week, I bet thats going to be one hell of a game.

Who do you want to watch at the lane, United or (Portsmouth, Sunderland, Everton, Boro etc.....)

I think you like watching quality football, win, lose or draw.
  14. Santiago
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 19:03
    The top 4 are not boring.

The fact that it is always the same top 4 is boring. Just for a season it would be nice to see a team push on from the UEFA places and grab a spell in the sun.

But they just seem to sink back into the mire.

It would be a lot more interesting if the Champions League places, and dare I say it, the title wasn´t a given before a ball is kicked in August.

Of course, the football produced by the big four is at time excellent to watch. But this has to be countered against the quantity of games involving the also rans that are not of the high standard that the likes of Sky would like us believe.

I have no truck with the Mancs or Chelski winning the league, but it would be a blessing for football if say Villa had a real chance one year.

If all football fans were to take to the Champions League (over say the European Cup), it would require a few different teams to occasionally play in it. I am not saying that Arsenal etc. fans shouldn´t be disappointed if their team doesn´t qualify, but they shouldn´t expect it as a right - like some fans do.

Other teams/fans have the same attitude. Spurs felt that their poaching of Bostock from Palace for a minimal fee was justified because they were the bigger club. They said they had the right to take him because he was a free agent. He had just turned 16 FFS. They same week the spent in excess of 10 million on a couple of foreign players.

It matter not a jot to Sky, the Premier, the FA, and most big club fans what the rest of football thinks, and that is what alienates the elite from the rest.

I don´t think it was always this way.
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 19:11
    I think an interesting solution would be to reduce Champions League places to 3, or up them to 5.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree