Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 20 Nov '08 23:32
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1953026.ece
  2. Standard member Fleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    21 Nov '08 16:28
    What is he thinking? Time for someone else to wear the armband.
  3. 21 Nov '08 19:27
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    What is he thinking? Time for someone else to wear the armband.
    i would say the MYTH of WENGER is now exposed! He is no man-manager.

    He has never replaced Adams, Viera etc. The Arsenal that won all the trophes was buld around the defence Wenger inhereted from Graham- seaman, adams,winterburn,dixon,knwon and Bold.
  4. 21 Nov '08 19:34
    Originally posted by spurs73
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1953026.ece
    I knew you were a Sun reader!
  5. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    21 Nov '08 20:37
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    What is he thinking? Time for someone else to wear the armband.
    That time came and went last season.

    The inevitable damage has been done for this season. Plus, I don't think he'll be able to deal with having the arm band stripped now, so Wenger may have him threatening to score own goals again.

    D
  6. Standard member Fleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    21 Nov '08 22:00
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    That time came and went last season.


    D
    Couldn't agree more. It should have changed with the Birmingham debacle. And I'm hard pressed to argue spurs73's point.
  7. 21 Nov '08 22:07
    I think that Gallas is a punk / twat.. whatever. So I'm not going to argue that he should be captain. ..though I really don't care who Arsenal's captain is.

    However, perhaps he is right. Perhaps Arsenal's players are lacking the desire. People talk about them lacking that core...surely that is true...but cores can be built on desire if there is enough of it.
  8. 22 Nov '08 00:29
    Wenger can't pick leaders - Henry was useless too
  9. Standard member Fleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    22 Nov '08 14:53
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Wenger can't pick leaders - Henry was useless too
    Maybe not a great leader, but not altogether useless. He at least did his job, which was to put the ball in the net.

    Gallas is out against Man City. Once Cesc is available, should he get the armband?
  10. 22 Nov '08 15:52
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    Maybe not a great leader, but not altogether useless. He at least did his job, which was to put the ball in the net.

    Gallas is out against Man City. Once Cesc is available, should he get the armband?
    Although HENRY did get the ball in the next... was he a good captain? I would say NO.

    Wenger made him captain to keep him at the club, as they needed a BIG name when they moved to their new studium as the season ticket sells would have really hurt them.

    Not sure why Wenger choses Frence players as captain, whats wrong with Kalo Toura? (he was captain befroe Gallis come to the club after Vira left.)
  11. 22 Nov '08 19:49 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by spurs73
    Although HENRY did get the ball in the next... was he a good captain? I would say NO.

    Wenger made him captain to keep him at the club, as they needed a BIG name when they moved to their new studium as the season ticket sells would have really hurt them.

    Not sure why Wenger choses Frence players as captain, whats wrong with Kalo Toura? (he was captain befroe Gallis come to the club after Vira left.)
    Sure, good striker, I meant useless as a leader. Often missing in bigger games and went a bit "strange" toward the end of his time with the Gunners.
  12. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    22 Nov '08 20:02
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    Maybe not a great leader, but not altogether useless. He at least did his job, which was to put the ball in the net.

    Gallas is out against Man City. Once Cesc is available, should he get the armband?
    Fabregas would be my pick.

    Toure would be second choice, although not playing to his high standards this season.

    The damage has been done for this season, so I'd defo go with Fabregas and give him experience for next season.

    D
  13. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    22 Nov '08 20:04
    Originally posted by MrHand
    However, perhaps he is right. Perhaps Arsenal's players are lacking the desire. People talk about them lacking that core...surely that is true...but cores can be built on desire if there is enough of it.
    He could be 100% right, but it makes absolutely no difference. To deflect attention away from one's self and blame your team mates, sharing dressing room secrets with the media is unforgivable of any player, never mind the captain.

    D
  14. 22 Nov '08 22:35
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    He could be 100% right, but it makes absolutely no difference. To deflect attention away from one's self and blame your team mates, sharing dressing room secrets with the media is unforgivable of any player, never mind the captain.

    D
    Mabe Wenger needs to go?
  15. Standard member Mctayto
    Highlander
    23 Nov '08 00:11
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Mabe Wenger needs to go?
    Man city fans say keep him